• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Seyavesh

DMC4SE - Reverse Rainstorm?

Guys, I'm pretty sure you have seen this before, but I was playing around with Dante and somehow this happened. This is my first time seeing Dante go above and behind the enemy doing rainstorm.

you can direct which way to do the rainstorm by just holding a direction. same as guardfly.
https://a.pomf.cat/npfulu.webm

also holy fucking moly, this combo vid. the nero combos are ridiculous and the setups for the dante combos are over-the-top creative
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alzwRziiLd0&feature=youtu.be

Really want DMC4 Dante or at least put in Nero. Was hoping for Nero in MvC3
I would've said that Nero is a no-brainer, only if he wasn't so hated by many fans. (at least back when DMC4 came out) I'm kinda afraid that they might cut him loose in DMC5, let alone putting him in a cross-over game.

Personally as a Nero player I would love to see him in MvC:I.

Arttemis

The parallels between DMC and MGS were always fascinating to me.

DMC2 had an entire homage section to MGS's helicopter fight and wall climb. DMC3 had a rocket flipping protagonist. DMC4 was about the series protagonist being replaced by a generally disliked new character as a bait and switch, and the former villain was transplanted into someone's arm.

Dahbomb

After DmC, a lot of fans have come around on Nero. You even see a lot of requests for Nero even from big FGC Marvel folks (like Kbrad, Sumbrownkid and Yipes).

There's demand for Nero on Marvel.

Then let's hope that Capcom sees this turnaround on Nero and recognizes the demand for him. Honestly I would be cool with them adding him as a DLC character, provided that they price the characters right this time around and do away with the shitty account lock stuff that they have on PS4.
The parallels between DMC and MGS were always fascinating to me.

DMC2 had an entire homage section to MGS's helicopter fight and wall climb. DMC3 had a rocket flipping protagonist. DMC4 was about the series protagonist being replaced by a generally disliked new character as a bait and switch, and the former villain was transplanted into someone's arm.
With Vergil being confirmed as Nero's father, I think we could safely debunk that theory.

I hope that if Nero comes back, he has a bit more to his personality than "short-tempered anime protagonist."

The problem with him *and* with Dante in DMC4 was that neither of them had a particularly interesting reason to fight. Dante at least managed to be reasonably entertaining with his utterly blase/goofy approach to saving the world again, but Nero basically needed Kyrie to be a thing just so he'd have an actual reason to do anything at all within the story.

I think reintroducing Vergil is a good way to make Nero much more interesting, since they'll certainly have a weird relationship. Really, the great thing about bringing Vergil back into the picture (whether as hero, villain, or something in between in) is that he'll have a really interesting way of relating to Dante and Lady because of their preexisting history, but also an interesting way of relating to Nero (who's his son and might also basically have his arm), and a *really* interesting way of relating to Trish (I suspect Vergil will not like Trish one bit and be utterly offended at the fact that Dante's friends with a demon doppelganger of Eva).

Sesha

I hope for Dante, Vergil and Lady for Infinite. Even if there's demand for Nero, I don't see Itsuno and team saying OK to no female DMC characters being represented, when they demanded Trish in return for approving Dante last time.

For DMC5 I'd love middle-aged slighty grumpy Hellboy-esque Dante and his daughter as the main protagonists, but I already know that I'm crazy. That's just my dream scenario, though.

Oooooh, a tired and old, Geralt-like Dante would be ace. It'd allow to mature the entire setting as well. But that's probably not what DMC is all about.

I think they can inject a bit of seriousness and age into Dante without losing what makes him what he is. Having only crazy funtime Dante gained DMC4 a lot of flack because people felt he was shallow and too goofy, and resulted in Capcom throwing the baby out with bathwater and going completely in the opposite direction with DmC.

I think they can inject a bit of seriousness and age into Dante without losing what makes him what he is. Having only crazy funtime Dante gained DMC4 a lot of flack because people felt he was shallow and too goofy, and resulted in Capcom throwing the baby out with bathwater and going completely in the opposite direction with DmC.

I think the way Dante is *supposed* to be characterized, per DMC1 and as handled fairly well in DMC3, is that he's got some buried/hidden emotions that are very intense (aka his human side) but 99% of the time he masks those with a different attitude (mostly stoic arrogance in DMC1, mostly brash youthful arrogance in DMC3) and you only see his emotions come out when something really intense happens. In DMC4, you basically *only* get arrogant Dante and all of the emotionhaving is reserved for Nero, and that didn't work out super well IMO.

Sesha

I think the way Dante is *supposed* to be characterized, per DMC1 and as handled fairly well in DMC3, is that he's got some buried/hidden emotions that are very intense (aka his human side) but 99% of the time he masks those with a different attitude (mostly stoic arrogance in DMC1, mostly brash youthful arrogance in DMC3) and you only see his emotions come out when something really intense happens. In DMC4, you basically *only* get arrogant Dante and all of the emotionhaving is reserved for Nero, and that didn't work out super well IMO.

You're absolutely right. I think Kamiya, or Itsuno, or someone in the interviews in the 3142 art book said basically that. Not about DMC4 but about Dante's character.

My extremely fanficky hope for DMC5 is something like this: Vergil, still trapped in the demon world but back to full consciousness, tries to get back to his brother to make amends but can only do so by attempting to possess Nero; in the end, Dante tearfully has to banish him from Nero's body (because he won't let Vergil take even one more life), but then Dante (refusing to let Vergil be banished for good yet again) tears open a portal into the demon world and goes in there to rescue Vergil himself and bring him bodily back to the human world. Might only work as a major subplot but I think it'd be a good way to supply the family-drama side of the story that was insufficiently present in DMC4.

I guess people didn't like that the final Nelo Angelo fight is the one that finally killed Vergil. I mean, he dropped his pendant guys, that's anime for "I'm dead now."

Nero coming to terms with the fact his father was basically a dick and having to embrace that would be some nice character development, a little like DMC3s Dante, with hopefully the subtlety intact.
DMC3s story is far better than it has any right to be as an action game.

I'm not sure where they could go with Lady and Trish. Their respective games pretty much told their story well enough to not leave much open for anything else. Their appearance in 4 pretty much cemented that the writers didn't know or want to take them anywhere. A new female lead would be welcome, as long as it's as well done as Lady's.
Seriously, DMC3 is something special.

That's how I view Dante as well. Also, considering the battles he had in DMC1 and DMC3 were very personal, it's hard to expect him to have a serious attitude in 4 when he's just there doing a job Lady gave him.

Dante has already dealt with a lot of drama in his life at that point. I don't even think he's wearing a mask anymore in 4. He's just having fun doing what he loves doing. Unless something happens to the people he cares about, I prefer him to just be his crazy arrogant self in future installments.

That's how I view Dante as well. Also, considering the battles he had in DMC1 and DMC3 were very personal, it's hard to expect him to have a serious attitude in 4 when he's just there doing a job Lady gave him.

Dante has already dealt with a lot of drama in his life at that point. I don't even think he's wearing a mask anymore in 4. He's just having fun doing what he loves doing. Unless something happens to the people he cares about, I prefer him to just be his crazy arrogant self in future installments.
That's why DMC5 should kill off Trish in the prologue. It will be a much harder pill to swallow now that they've made her playable in 4SE but if that's the price we have to pay to get Dante's attention and have another great/scary villain then so be it.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ putting a character in the fridge.

That's exactly what you don't WANT to do.

You don't have to kill someone to get Dante motivated again. Let Vergil return, he wants Yamato back.. gets an altercation with Nero over it, Nero gets badly hurt (maybe even loses a limb over it), Dante comes in the nick of time... then Vergil whoops them both and leaves with the Yamato.

There you go.. now you have Dante and Nero wanting to work together to bring down Vergil who has been training in hell for 10 years (aka the DMC Hyperbolic Time Chamber) unlike his brother Dante who has gotten too soft with his trolling. Maybe Vergil makes a revelation before going like "I am going to kill our father" to keep both Dante and the audience hanging at the opener.

That's why DMC5 should kill off Trish in the prologue. It will be a much harder pill to swallow now that they've made her playable in 4SE but if that's the price we have to pay to get Dante's attention then so be it.

That's too dark man lol. I don't want anybody to die. Shit we all want Vergil to come back from the dead.

I hope they expand the universe in a big way though so they don't have to constantly dig through DMC1-4 to make a story.

Edit: or what Dahbomb said.

I guess I've talked too much about killing off characters in the past to be able to make that killing Trish in the prologue joke anymore, huh? lol

Though, seriously I don't want Vergil as a villain once more since I thought his villain/misguided anti-hero arc was wrapped up nicely in DMC3. I also don't want him to be a damsel in distress that needs saving by Dante and Nero, (I don't want anymore "saving arcs" after DMC4) so hopefully they'll avoid that as well. I honestly don't know what I want when it comes to Vergil aside from the fact that I wanna see him in DMC5.

I do think that they need to establish a scary and powerful villain for the next game though. I don't know how many of you guys watch TWD but the last episode of season 6 and the first episode of this season, did a tremendous job at introducing a truly scary and empowered villain. DMC universe desperately needs a villain equivalent of that guy. Don't know how they can do that without killing at least one of the side characters down the line though.

P.S: I've only seen like 3 episodes from this season of TWD, so guys, please mind spoilers. Thanks.

You don't have to kill someone to get Dante motivated again. Let Vergil return, he wants Yamato back.. gets an altercation with Nero over it, Nero gets badly hurt (maybe even loses a limb over it), Dante comes in the nick of time... then Vergil whoops them both and leaves with the Yamato.

There you go.. now you have Dante and Nero wanting to work together to bring down Vergil who has been training in hell for 10 years (aka the DMC Hyperbolic Time Chamber) unlike his brother Dante who has gotten too soft with his trolling. Maybe Vergil makes a revelation before going like "I am going to kill our father" to keep both Dante and the audience hanging at the opener.
Capcom better write this shit right. You know if there's an encounter afterwards Nero would be like "who is that" and Dante would either say that's my brother/ your father (though do we know if Dante knows that?).

Dahbomb

Imagine a villain who can school Dante, Nero and Vergil at the same time.

At this point based on lore it's probably only Sparda himself..

Yeah, a villain who could beat Sparda's children at the same time would be really powerful one. But having such a guy does create a problem that they have to somehow write around it. If he is a villain and he is that powerful, then why doesn't he just kill his adversaries and be done with them?

I guess in case of Sparda you can have a mind-controlled kinda deal like Nelo Angelo in DMC1 and save the guys like that, but that'll probably feel a too similar to DMC1. If Sparda is a bad guy then I think they should go all the way and make him an actual villain. Someone who has turned to the dark side. But that'll probably destroy the whole premise of the series so I kinda wrote myself in a corner lol

There you go.. now you have Dante and Nero wanting to work together to bring down Vergil who has been training in hell for 10 years

also have a 3rd party coughmunduscough looming around and pulling the strings behind vergil. Top it off with an ender with the sparda kins battling out with the 3rd party.
DER JU GOE, something that potentially can top DMC3. Add co-op, vs multiplayer, boss rush, modifiable bloody palace.

$$$$$
sVa5KJq.gif

TreIII

I guess people didn't like that the final Nelo Angelo fight is the one that finally killed Vergil. I mean, he dropped his pendant guys, that's anime for "I'm dead now."

To be fair, Kamiya has pretty much all but said that he didn't really give that much thought to Angelo/Vergil and if he was truly dead. You often don't really get a chance to think too much about the long term plans and world building when you're not even sure your game is going to be successful enough to get a sequel (and then they gave the sequel job to another team).

Either way, if they really want to bring Vergil back, they'll find a way and make it work. Project X Zone 2 pretty much made the excuse plot that the Vergil we see in that game is just a time-displaced version from just shortly after the final DMC3 battle. It's silly, but it's just the kind of thing I could see working in DMC, if they really couldn't find any other means to bring V back in the fold. It'd also be an interesting way to somehow make the extra "Vergil Modes" somewhat canon because Vergil is a Reverse Flash like being that makes for enough paradoxes that he can even fight himself, at points.

I'm not sure where they could go with Lady and Trish. Their respective games pretty much told their story well enough to not leave much open for anything else. Their appearance in 4 pretty much cemented that the writers didn't know or want to take them anywhere. A new female lead would be welcome, as long as it's as well done as Lady's.
Seriously, DMC3 is something special.

With Trish, I always imagined it being a thing that they could use her as a means to explore Eva's place in the lore, and give her an arc of her own, instead of focusing explicitly on Sparda. I mean, I've always found it interesting that in spite of looking just like Eva, nobody besides Dante has ever considered that fact remarkable, not even supposed cults who worshiped the ground Sparda walked on. Wouldn't Eva possibly have some other type of links (be it family of her own, Umbra Witches in all but name, etc.) that may take interest in "her", or someone that looks just like her, is wandering about?

Lady, on the other is definitely, much more tricky, but could work if we actually see more full-blooded human demon hunters in the series. I remember someone had an idea of if the DMC world had other hunters out there that may resort to means like "Regenerators" in Hellsing, and I think that could slide over well into DMC! If nothing else, it'd be the potential to give Lady a possible rival of her own, and maybe show us just how much humans still have a stake in their own world and not just be content to let Sparda-blooded beings do the fighting for them.

I think I might be one of few people here who doesn't really like many aspects of DMCs universe outside of the very basic background that we got for Sparda.

"Sparda stood against his own kind, beat the demon army and sacrificed his powers to close the hell gate. He then fell in love and married to a human named Eva. Their marriage resulted in half-demon/half-human twin sons named Vergil and Dante."

That bit? Cool, even great.
Everything else? Meh.

I mean, Sparda being MIA for so long. Eva dying at the hand of some demon off-screen and never even mentioned again. Every human and their moms wanting Sparda's power. Trish being a demon made by Mundus, who looks like Eva. Vergil being mind-controlled by Mundus. And even Mundus himself as the big bad of the universe. They were all pretty meh to me.

The only other good parts of DMC's story/plot that I can think of were the "Vergil Vs. Dante" and Lady's arc in DMC3. Both of which were self contained arcs that almost had nothing to do with the overall world and universe of DMC series.

I think that's why when it comes to the next entry I'm leaning a lot more towards having a new villain/big bad and new story-line instead of using existing characters like Mundus as the bad guy or even focusing the story on characters like Trish.

Dahbomb

In the end it's a matter of execution.

The whole Trish/Dante/Vergil stuff was new in DMC1. Technically it was self contained to that game until it became a franchise.

DMC3 had self contained arcs but still carried over to following games (1 and 4).

And the DMC4 had self contained arcs in Nero, probably the most self contained story with very little alluding to Vergil/Sparda. The villains here aren't worth mentioning.

So we just had a game which had self contained arcs and hardly anyone liked it. It's really a matter of execution.. they can cram in new characters like they did in 4 or just have us deal with classic characters, it doesn't really matter if it's poorly done.

DMC5 has to have some new characters in it, mostly the villains. Vergil alone can't be holding it down. Probably some new side characters too. It's bound to get crowded and Kyrie is very likely to not be showing up in 5 (and the biggest candidate to getting fridged IMO).

More importantly the mythos needs to be expanded. I don't believe that the world of DMC starts and end with Sparda's exploits, there's probably a whole bunch of mythos far before his time that could be explored. And if the DMC world is tapped out, there are always multiverses. They don't have to bring back Sparda, they can just have Dante and co travel to a different multiverse where Sparda over threw Mundus but became the new demon king instead.

I am just throwing out ideas here. I am not at all a story guy and don't even pretend to be. I just want the following bullet points to be checked off:

*I want more insight into the past of Dante and Vergil. Like the point where they went from hapless kids to deciding what they want to do with their lives. This isn't exactly an on/off switch, characters have to go through journeys to find themselves and their calling. Where did Vergil learn to fight like that? How can he summon swords and teleport so well but Dante can't? Clearly he went to train somewhere but who did he train under? Where did he go all this time? A lot of empty spots missing that I hope 5 can fill in even just a tad bit.

*Mythos expanded of course. There are two reasons for this: One is of course story and to give the world of DMC more depth. But the second reason is for game play. I want new stuff to style on. They can use it as an excuse to put more enemy mechanics/abilities in the game or level mechanics.

*They still gotta explain the whole Sparda incident. There are so many holes in Sparda's story. It's unfortunate that we have gone through so many DMC stories that has Sparda as a main plot point but we only learn snippets of his story each time.

*Most important is that whatever they come up they have to have it be well written and ENTERTAINING. I don't want a dull boring exposition heavy story. The story has to serve the game play and the game play is action. They give me a solid enough reason to whoop some enemies I am down with that. It should be cohesive and lacking in plot holes, that's really all I ask for in terms of quality.

*I don't really care which characters come back or don't but whatever characters they plan to bring back should have a real reason for being in the game and not just there for fan service. And we should see real character arcs, none of this Dante trolling through the game because he's too good for it. That was cute in 4, that will not fly anymore. I can MAYBE take one fan service appearance by a returning character but anymore and it will be a disservice to the game's story and plot. DMC3 had only 4 characters in it and it's the best story in the series for it.

I don't really expect most of this to hold true because Capcom is still damn lousy at writing DMC stories. And it's not just Capcom but I think people outside of Capcom don't really get DMC either, especially based on NT's efforts. The best piece of story related to DMC came in the DMC3 manga and I was really sad to hear that the Lady volume would not be printed because I was very much anticipating it. The manga really captured the dark nature of the DMC world and blended it well with the attitude of Dante. It also showed the inner demons that both Dante and Vergil wrestled with throughout their life. More character development and back story in those two chapters than DMC has had in its entirety.

Could have a powerful villain sealed away long before Spardas time that even he thought was just a myth. Hes awoken by demons out for revenge which is how he learns of the Sparda family line. it could be a Beerus(dbs) situation where he wants a challenge with the Sparda family line because everyone else is too weak (or because of a prophecy) and the worlds at stake. Could even force Vergil out of hell so he has to take part. Everyone would have to band together to win.
The boss rush could have previous bosses without breaking continuity.

Though i think the other ideas mentioned would be far better.

Arttemis

Then let's hope that Capcom sees this turnaround on Nero and recognizes the demand for him. Honestly I would be cool with them adding him as a DLC character, provided that they price the characters right this time around and do away with the shitty account lock stuff that they have on PS4.

With Vergil being confirmed as Nero's father, I think we could safely debunk that theory.
Sure, that may be the case, but that doesn't mean DMC4 didn't present the situation the same way as MGS2 did. We could argue that, considering the explanation isn't how it appears, makes it all the more similar to MGS games.

I think I might be one of few people here who doesn't really like many aspects of DMCs universe outside of the very basic background that we got for Sparda.

"Sparda stood against his own kind, beat the demon army and sacrificed his powers to close the hell gate. He then fell in love and married to a human named Eva. Their marriage resulted in half-demon/half-human twin sons named Vergil and Dante."

That bit? Cool, even great.
Everything else? Meh.

I mean, Sparda being MIA for so long. Eva dying at the hand of some demon off-screen and never even mentioned again. Every human and their moms wanting Sparda's power. Trish being a demon made by Mundus, who looks like Eva. Vergil being mind-controlled by Mundus. And even Mundus himself as the big bad of the universe. They were all pretty meh to me.

The only other good parts of DMC's story/plot that I can think of were the "Vergil Vs. Dante" and Lady's arc in DMC3. Both of which were self contained arcs that almost had nothing to do with the overall world and universe of DMC series.

I think that's why when it comes to the next entry I'm leaning a lot more towards having a new villain/big bad and new story-line instead of using existing characters like Mundus as the bad guy or even focusing the story on characters like Trish.

I think everyone wants Vergil to return. Period. Hard stop. Any decent story involving him immediately engages Dante's interest in the story at hand, and draws players in just as much.

Beyond that, I really think bringing in an a fresh batch of denizens of evil that are blatantly stated as being far beyond what Sparda's power was is necessary. DMC4's Lady stated, and as much was obvious due to the events of DMC1, that Dante has surpassed his father's power. Let's drop it, and move on to bigger things. IMO, mystical and mythological figures from thousands of years ago lose all of their charm when explicitly revealed and explored.

Regarding recurring characters, I'm a bit torn. I love Trish's and Lady's gameplay in DMC4SE, but I thought the small cast and intimate story of DMC3 reigns supreme over the rest of the entries in the series by orders of magnitude. Collecting characters along the way just gives me the vibe that this is turning into a sitcom. It's not that I want them to be killed off; I think I'd just be happier if they just weren't present and the story focused on only the relevant characters instead of baggage.

MBS

Banned
If we take into consideration that DMC4 is a prequel to DMC2, then technically they have to progress the story after the events of the latter. But instict tells me that DMC5 is going to be a mixture of sequel/reboot story, so that they will have to find excuses to fit Vergil and other characters back into the plot.

2018 is going to be the year.

Sephzilla

I think everyone wants Vergil to return. Period. Hard stop. Any decent story involving him immediately engages Dante's interest in the story at hand, and draws players in just as much.

Beyond that, I really think bringing in an a fresh batch of denizens of evil that are blatantly stated as being far beyond what Sparda's power was is necessary. DMC4's Lady stated, and as much was obvious due to the events of DMC1, that Dante has surpassed his father's power. Let's drop it, and move on to bigger things. IMO, mystical and mythological figures from thousands of years ago lose all of their charm when explicitly revealed and explored.

Regarding recurring characters, I'm a bit torn. I love Trish's and Lady's gameplay in DMC4SE, but I thought the small cast and intimate story of DMC3 reigns supreme over the rest of the entries in the series by orders of magnitude. Collecting characters along the way just gives me the vibe that this is turning into a sitcom. It's not that I want them to be killed off; I think I'd just be happier if they just weren't present and the story focused on only the relevant characters instead of baggage.

Yep. This.

To add to it. Have the game open with Vergil escaping hell and coming to warn Dante that some serious shit is coming. Vergil's always had a bit of an honorable streak to him so I don't think that would be something out of character for him. The new bad guys show up, laugh at Vergil and Dante because they think Sparda and Mundus were petty little shits. Boom - game is now moving forward instead of in the past. I'd definitely keep the game Dante focused - give Vergil, Nero, Lady, and Trish some optional side missions; maybe some kind of NG+ content or something. I want them to be presences in the story but Devil May Cry historically works better when its focused on Dante.

Also - regarding DMC2 - just ignore it. DMC2 is all but officially retconned out of existence anyway and is likely never going to be referenced again. No need to led story get bogged down by it.

Arttemis

Yep. This.

To add to it. Have the game open with Vergil escaping hell and coming to warn Dante that some serious shit is coming. Vergil's always had a bit of an honorable streak to him so I don't think that would be something out of character for him. The new bad guys show up, laugh at Vergil and Dante because they think Sparda and Mundus were petty little shits. Boom - game is now moving forward instead of in the past. I'd definitely keep the game Dante focused - give Vergil, Nero, Lady, and Trish some optional side missions; maybe some kind of NG+ content or something. I want them to be presences in the story but Devil May Cry historically works better when its focused on Dante.

Also - regarding DMC2 - just ignore it. DMC2 is all but officially retconned out of existence anyway and is likely never going to be referenced again. No need to led story get bogged down by it.

Holy shit, talk of the devil! When writing that post, I was remembering old Dtoid forum conversations about the future of the series and liking your suggestions.

Yeah, I think my earlier reply didn't make it clear, but I don't want them to just simply focus on self contained arcs either. I was making a point that the lore in DMC series has not been good enough, so they have to introduce more stuff and make the world feel bigger, give it a proper history.

Like many other people, I think having an old God or demon lords of sorts who have been sealed away long before Mundus and Sparda were even born, would be a good way of doing that. Though, that kind of story lives and dies on its execution. What I have in mind is
(fanfic time!)
that demon world has become very chaotic. Natural disasters, big earthquakes, huge storms, etc etc. That in turn has affected some places in human world as well. Dante goes to investigate one of those places which are reporting massive amounts of demon activity. Dante gets there and after a while he starts realizing that demons aren't attacking people but they are actually running away from demon world. He meets one of the higher ranking demons who tells him of the situation in demon world and asks for his help (kneeling on the ground and all that, since Dante is one of the most powerful forces in DMC's universe and it's high time people/demons started realizing that). Since Nero also has Sparda's blood running in his veins, he receives the same kind-ish treatment (no kneeling here) and asked to help with the situation in demon world, which could affect human world if it's left unattended.

Long story short, Dante goes to demon world. Learns much more about Sparda, demon world, its history, the legends of old Gods, etc etc. Dante fights a little bit with Mundus who didn't know other demons were seeking the help of Sparda's family. While there Dante hears whispers of a ruthless demons slayer who sounds a lot like Vergil so he goes to find him (cause obviously Vergil is more important to him than some demonic legend that is probably just a boogeyman story) and in the meantime the seal actually breaks. Big storms, lightning strikes in distance, ground splits in half, etc etc apocalyptic stuff. Anyway, the old God is now free and he/she easily slays Mundus and his entire army in a matter of minutes.

There. Now we have a new threat, Vergil is back in the mix and we have expanded on DMC's lore/world. They can finish the game with the reveal that there are actually 5-6 total seals, which means 5-6 old Gods, each one stronger than the other. Or something like that.

TreIII

Yep. This.

I mean...it's not like you'd have to do much work with DMC2, anyway.

Dante can just say he had a "cold" that day, and that's why he wasn't feeling like his "usual chipper self". Lucia is bought on board for no other reason than just to make the guy-girl ratio of Team DMC even, and even give us a bit of some much needed diversity in an otherwise lily white roster of central chars. Badda bing, badda boom, that's all the acknowledgement DMC2 needs, and we keep it moving.

The rivals/bad guys definitely needs more fresh faces that can definitely up the ante. Hopefully, we can get guys and girls that can endure and stick around for maybe another game or two. I'd love nothing better than to just get a game that kicks off the start of a new arc, and not everything is wrapped up nicely by DMC5's end. If you really want to make the stakes higher and believable, then eventually, Dante has to run into a circumstance where he doesn't come out all smiles, because the "job isn't finished". And I think they can accomplish that point without necessarily fridging anybody.

The most I'm expecting is itsuno or voice actors dropping hints.... even that is a stretch

Itsuno dropped all the hints he could in those interviews around the time 4SE got released. Already waited 8 years for this so what's a few more months? At least they gave us 4SE to keep fans occupied.

Sesha

So Capcom is releasing Mega Man 1-6 on iOS before they officially reveal the new mobile MM game. They've announced or released remasters before almost every new title the past couple of years now, and it seems like it extends even down to their mobile games now.

The most I'm expecting is itsuno or voice actors dropping hints.... even that is a stretch

It's not happening man.

E3 2017.

I know. I'm just joking. I mean, c'mon guys. Jump Festa? That should've been obvious. :p

Arttemis

I'd love to see DMC3HD on the current generation of consoles, and if they added instant style switching, I'd celebrate! DMC1 would be great, too.

Top Bottom