• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] “Microsoft seems to be helping on destroying its own credibility” Richard Leadbetter on the latest DF Direct

Radical_3d

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Say what you want about DF, but they don’t shy away when Microsoft does something wrong.

Edit: not timestamped because it’s right at the beginning.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

Be cool if you could highlight the best parts or offer a little recap. Most people aren't going to watch a 45 minute segment for what is likely 3 minutes of worthwhile material.
Oh. My bad. I forgot to say it but he pronounces those words right in the first topic. So it’s just the presentation and then he drops that bomb.

Their livelihoods depend on Xbox's existence, that's why.

It's a serious situation for them, what would DF amount to in a world without Xbox?
Their existence somewhat diminishes with the absence of Xbox, specifically Xbox Hardware. Microsoft said they will still provide a solution* From what I remember reading? I think they alluded to something like a higher end box for the actual fans to buy, while the majority of hardware would basically be stream boxes. Most likely boxes tailor made around Gamepass?
Then, again... this is MS right here. I trust them as far as I can throw Lizzo. That's about 1mm.

Denton

It's a serious situation for them, what would DF amount to in a world without Xbox?
They do lot more stuff (and lot more interesting stuff) than console platform comparison. They would be fine. In fact, they would probably be happier in a world without moronic console fanboys screaming at them constantly.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

While their vs videos used to be super popular.
These days not so much because fundamental differences dont really exist between the PS5 and XSX versions of games.
Nowadays the differences between XSX and PS5 are so minuet its not even worth watching the videos for.
These days their high views content is PC, best setting, tech showcase, first look and the like.

Saber

At this point I honestly think they gonna overhaul the whole Xbox division, make low quality cheap games for Gamepass and rename the console to Game Pass Machine.

Be cool if you could highlight the best parts or offer a little recap. Most people aren't going to watch a 45 minute segment for what is likely 3 minutes of worthwhile material.

It's actually pretty nice discussion for what they believe not talked much about the all case of buying out multiple studios from MS part. And note that this video isn't a mochery to fans or anything, just a very harsh and deserved criticism against Microsoft.
One of best aspects of the videos are bashing on GP model, the heavy lack of transparency and bad decisions/management, resulting in distrust from their fanbase, and the best part in my opinion that they all received 100% negative reactions/responses about Xbox(different from here where we still have people defend it). If their customes don't express their insatisfaction about the way they handle things, whos gonna ever do it?

t_wilson01

Funny how DF was the most respected source here when it was 1080p vs 900p or 720p in the ps4 vs xbone era, but now since they made a few positive comments about ms during the years they are shills of the highest order.
You are most definitely mistaken. The PS4 vs Xbox One days is when DF changed narratives and tried to dismiss technical differences as not being that important when in PS4's favor.

Did you forget how the Xbox One was "balanced", how powerful the data move engines and sound processor were, how DDR3 and it's superior latency were better for the CPU?

ahtlas7

These youtubers finally have to admit what a lot of us have been crying out. It’s to plain obvious at this point to run defense.

DanielG165

Funny how DF was the most respected source here when it was 1080p vs 900p or 720p in the ps4 vs xbone era, but now since they made a few positive comments about ms during the years they are shills of the highest order.
Or don’t forget the inane notion that just because Richard and John were flown out to take a look at the Series X in person, that such meant they were in bed with Microsoft.

Forum logic is bizarre.

Or don’t forget the inane notion that just because Richard and John were flown out to take a look at the Series X in person, that such meant they were in bed with Microsoft.

Forum logic is bizarre.
I also remember people getting banned en masse for buying xbox ones on this forum, since no one could want a xbox one withouth being a shill (yes this was the reasoning.)

But yeah the topic at hand, MS is totaly fumbling it, and they will be out of the console race in 5 years give or take, they will fumble their ips also, american suits cant get it right

Last edited:

SHA

He’s a PC guy. He ultimately doesn’t really care about consoles in general.
These people don't give a s about consoles, they just hype it's specs before release and put unupdated version of games on the microscope, dudes usually looking for the odds to make their selling point.

Last edited:

DanielG165

I also remember people getting banned en masse for buying xbox ones on this forum, since no one could want a xbox one withouth being a shill (yes this was the reasoning.)

But yeah the topic at hand, MS is totaly fumbling it, and they will be out of the console race in 5 years give or take, they will fumble their ips also, american suits cant get it right
Hilarious and sad if true. I love Xbox as a brand, but even I can see how badly the people behind said platform are fumbling the ball. A complete change in leadership is desperately needed, no ifs and or buts about it.

I call BS on this.

Some of you are embarrassing.
I would take a look in the mirror on that one, friend.

Top Bottom