• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Witcher 3 patch 1.07 negatively impacts framerate, up to 8fps lower on XB1

AP90

Ok CDPR after seeing this I say take your time with the PC patch now, I'm in no rush for the game to get worse, if you need more time to get it right, take it.

Well, this is where hopefully my i7 2600k, SSD and my 980ti power through any potential hiccups performance wise

Futurematic

Its not as if the OS needs 3GB of RAM, I would imagine that they are just holding on to it for now to future proof the system. Ps3 had lots of issues because there wasn't enough RAM for os features later in its life. Once you allow for more game RAM, you can't get that back later.
That's the speculation for Sony, yeah, but Sony is also not great at OS work so I could see (2 years ago) the OS actually needing it. But it has been two years, I wonder if they made up their mind and/or improved their OS...
Keep in mind that was a 2 years ago.
That's great news, actually. What's the new reserve? 2 GB?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's great news, actually. What's the new reserve? 2 GB?

I think he's just making the point that the 5GB figure, being as old as it is, may no longer be current. A cursory Google search yields no reports of either Sony or Microsoft freeing up more memory for developers.

So they just downgraded the XB1 version to match the PS4 just to keep the Sony fan boys happy - wow ( Im joking by the way )

Seriously though has there been any comments from the developers, making them perform worse can't be right or what they intended

FHIZ

Seriously though has there been any comments from the developers, making them perform worse can't be right or what they intended
I've been wondering this too. I got sucked into Batman and Rocket League, but had been meaning to get back to this game, which I'm real deep into, but reading about all the stuff such as performance impacts and trophy bugs has been actively pushing me back from jumping back in.

ps3ud0

Man Im still on 1.05 with 1.07 downloaded and unsure if I want to install it - my biggest concern is the breaking of quests (I heard the gwent one has issues). No doubt I wont finish this game before another patch is out so should I just install it anyway?

The stashes would likely make this a better game as the limit of 160 weight is just too low if you want to have all the witcher gear

I feel Im over-thinking this but with many hours in Im just a bit timid about possibly ruining the experience

ps3ud0 8)

I didn't have a problem with the performance on X1 after launch. I haven't played since the update, I beat it already. Got 72 hours out of it. Plan on replaying it many months down the road, but I really hope they sort this out.

What were they trying to fix anyways to cause performance issues?

Top Bottom