• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

ibcEywCHOff1Y4.jpg

iZs61lDsV3XuM.jpg

The latest patch seems to fix the sound problems as far as the voices getting extra quiet after rescuing Cain, but they still need to make the default music/ambient volumes a little louder, and tone down the voice and sound effect volumes. Funny that i've gone through the beta so many times, and never run into a black mushroom (bound by account apparently) or "The cave under the well", which has some really nice sounding aquatic infused music.

Also ran into some undead unique called something or other the bard (forgot his exact name...I think Bright was his last name) which i've never run into before after rescuing Cain and leaving the cathedral.

Teknoman

IDK if it's just me but The Skeleton King's voice is always obnoxiously loud, and then his laugh is super quiet. Pretty annoying.

I'll have to see if it remains the same with this patch, but yeah there are alot of small out of balance sound problems in the beta.

99%

I started to watch some of them... and man they are insane!

I ended up turning it off before getting halfway through Barbarian's sets. I don't want to be spoiled. I want to have that "wow" moment when I equip that stuff for the first time.

I dont want to watch, but are there any decent Wizard sets?

forrest

formerly nacire
Played some public games tonight. Fucking Demon Hunters everywhere. Every game I played tonight had at least two in it and many times had three. I looked at all of the armor previews too. Holy shit there are some nice looking sets. I still wouldn't mind if the textures were one step up in resolution though. Oh well. Also, I would love if they would add a feature to let you substitute an armor's look for another. Something similar to WoW's transmog feature. The idea of having so many cool armor sets to choose from, but only feasibly using one at the end game seems kinda meh.

I dont want to watch, but are there any decent Wizard sets?

Yes, but the Wizard is kind of at the short end of the stick compared to the other classes. The Wizards sets tend to be much more similar to each other than other classes, and none of them are excessively flamboyant or will make you gasp "Wow!" like some of the sets other classes get. They're much more sculpted to be form-fitting (I guess since they're mostly cloth?) than the leather and metal plate you'll see on other classes. The Witch Doctor doesn't have much in the way of body armor, like the Wizard, but stands out with ornate headdresses.

Played some public games tonight. Fucking Demon Hunters everywhere. Every game I played tonight had at least two in it and many times had three. I looked at all of the armor previews too.

Did they buff DH? I want to play DH as well, but that was well before the current beta information.

V_Arnold

I cant play beta since last patch, it is stuck on "Updating Tools - 0%". DMZ, no firewalls, tried the "kill agent.exe" trick. And I am not even mad. Waiting for final game now :p

Xanathus

I cant play beta since last patch, it is stuck on "Updating Tools - 0%". DMZ, no firewalls, tried the "kill agent.exe" trick. And I am not even mad. Waiting for final game now :p

Leave it running for awhile, it's actually updating... the updater. If you are on Win7 and have Resource Monitor, you can see that it's actually downloading stuff.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Instead of starting the diablo3.exe or w/e just go back to the downloader installer/setup.exe and run that instead.

edit : launch this one "Diablo-III-Beta-enUS-Setup"

V_Arnold

Leave it running for awhile, it's actually updating... the updater. If you are on Win7 and have Resource Monitor, you can see that it's actually downloading stuff.

Instead of starting the diablo3.exe or w/e just go back to the downloader installer/setup.exe and run that instead.

edit : launch this one "Diablo-III-Beta-enUS-Setup"

Oh, thank you guys. I will try both.

Twinduct

So after finally having been able to play, I jumped through the beta act with each char. Pushed my Barb to 13 (I think) for funsies.

Anyway is the XP gain boosted in the Beta?

forrest

formerly nacire
Did they buff DH? I want to play DH as well, but that was well before the current beta information.

There were some small buffs in the beta content and some large scale changes on later content. I'm not sure if there are just more players or if I just hit an insane coincidence of getting paired with lots of demon hunters. I've been rolling a DH day one since the class was announced, it just the style of play I prefer. I just don't wanna the class to be uber saturated, but I guess it's not really a big deal if I play with friends most of the time anyway.

The other day I mentioned we are giving away a Diablo 3 SteelSeries Headset and today we just reviewed the Diablo 3 SteelSeries Mouse. Just head over to any of the reviews and like our Facebook page and you'll be entered to win.

d3Mouse4-300x151.jpg

These are some awesome accessories and we have two of each to give away. This contest is open to anyone in the continental U.S. or Canada

Thanks man, I liked the page after you mentioned the headset give away. I love me some steel series too and my Ikari laser finally started showing some signs of the "double click" issue after years of abuse. I guess that may not be a problem for Diablo though! Crossing my fingers to win something!

Thanks man, I liked the page after you mentioned the headset give away. I love me some steel series too and my Ikari laser finally started showing some signs of the "double click" issue after years of abuse. I guess that may not be a problem for Diablo though! Crossing my fingers to win something!

My girl got me the Diablo 3 mouse for christmas, and it is pretty damn nice. The aesthetics aren't too ornate, but not too plain either, and it feels reeeally nice. I feel like a shill for pimping it, but I like it a lot.

Yeah I liked it too the other day for the headset, but I could really use a mouse, haha! I got burned on this frickin' Death Adder, the scroll wheel jumps all over the place.

DH seems to be the most popular class, in my very anecdotal experience. I'm considering rolling a WD to get rich on two-handed rares, lol.

forrest

formerly nacire
My girl got me the Diablo 3 mouse for christmas, and it is pretty damn nice. The aesthetics aren't too ornate, but not too plain either, and it feels reeeally nice. I feel like a shill for pimping it, but I like it a lot.

Don't fret man, I know this D3 mouse has that air of licensed product to it, but it looks like Steel Series has learned a thing or two from their WoW mice and actually made this one closer to their regular mice. The latter of which are usually simple in function and of high construction. I like their no frills stance on the mice designs they typically employ. How the WoW mice ever got approved baffles me. Glad your enjoying yours, shill or not, it looks like a great mouse.

I've tried to like a lot of the Razer mice and while I'm sure they would grow on me over time nothing has really blown my mind quite like my Ikari. It's huge, light and extremely comfortable. Not perfect though as I'm running into the double click issue after owning it for roughly 4 years. I've gotten more than my money's worth for sure.

LordCanti

The latest patch seems to fix the sound problems as far as the voices getting extra quiet after rescuing Cain, but they still need to make the default music/ambient volumes a little louder, and tone down the voice and sound effect volumes. Funny that i've gone through the beta so many times, and never run into a black mushroom (bound by account apparently) or "The cave under the well", which has some really nice sounding aquatic infused music.

Also ran into some undead unique called something or other the bard (forgot his exact name...I think Bright was his last name) which i've never run into before after rescuing Cain and leaving the cathedral.

This patch was the first time I ran into a black mushroom as well.

I wish they would just open the beta up to everyone at this point seeing as how we are only a month from release. I've never played Diablo but I was wanting to try this out before I buy it. I'm not really sold on the whole using mouse to move and target enemies thing from the way my friend described it. I would prefer movement to be separate from targeting. Hopefully this game will let you do that?

I think I will play Barbarian and Witch Doctor at first. Going to try these builds:

Stun Barb

Pet Lover

You can hold shift to keep yourself from moving when you click. It works pretty well.

99%

Yes, but the Wizard is kind of at the short end of the stick compared to the other classes. The Wizards sets tend to be much more similar to each other than other classes, and none of them are excessively flamboyant or will make you gasp "Wow!" like some of the sets other classes get. They're much more sculpted to be form-fitting (I guess since they're mostly cloth?) than the leather and metal plate you'll see on other classes. The Witch Doctor doesn't have much in the way of body armor, like the Wizard, but stands out with ornate headdresses.

Nice description, what about the Monk?

Armour is a big issue for me, I dont want to play 100s hours and look lame.

I've tried to like a lot of the Razer mice and while I'm sure they would grow on me over time nothing has really blown my mind quite like my Ikari. It's huge, light and extremely comfortable. Not perfect though as I'm running into the double click issue after owning it for roughly 4 years. I've gotten more than my money's worth for sure.

I have this simple Razr Abyssus and its perfect. Nothing fancy. I like its surface cause it doesnt get greasy.

AbyssusLED.jpg

(not my pic)

Blizzard still hates me, good thing I have been playing on a friends account.

Also I noticed they enabled the option to change your battle tag.

Add me for games on release Clockwork#1900

IceMarker

If you change your Battletag, I don't think it will apply until the next character wipe/retail release. In any case, let me know if you change it and I'll change yours in the Battletag List.

For example, I changed my Battletag from MrMister#1109 to IceMarker#1172, but MrMister#1109 is still active in Beta for now so you'll have to add my old one.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Looks like I got snuffed again on the Beta keys...Maybe it's a good thing, that way I can start playing with a completely fresh mind.

TylerD

Error 75 can't log in !

It seems the stress test is working. Test servers went down and they aren't playing around.

From the D3 login screen:

We're in the process of inviting 275,000 additional beta testers. Please be aware that this stress test may result in a variety of issues including an inability to log in, disconnections, and potential lag/latency. We'll also be testing our queuing system, which you may see when attempting to enter a game. Thank you for your patience, and your assistance in helping us test as we approach the May 15 release.

So, we are going to have to queue when the servers are overloaded.

So, we are going to have to queue when the servers are overloaded.

It'll be weird if that happens often on live servers. It's not an MMO with a monthly fee, so they can't give extra game time as compensation. I imagine there will be plenty of rage and continued posts about no offline mode.

SteveWD40

Anyone know of a reliable mirror for the EU beta client? I am trying to re-install it and the downloader is just unusable, it seems to start well at 1.5mbs then drops to about 100 kbs, then it crashes within 30 minutes.

I have tried with and without P2P.

To provide a comparison, I downloaded the POE beta client this morning in one hour, they are about the same size...

makaveli13

Neo Member
wow annual sub, no mists beta and no diablo 3 beta for me, pretty crappy from Blizz :(

guess i should post my battletag.

donmakaveli#6101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom