• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 Changes Hype Check

Season 4 Saved Diablo 4?

• Yes

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 56 78.9%

• Total voters

sendit

nah-larry.gif
Just like Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 is a mistake.

Mortisfacio

• The testing phase starts on April 2nd and will run through April 9th.
  • Season of the Construct will end and Season 4 will begin on May 14th.
  • This PTR will only be available to Battlenet users on PC, but future PTRs might be available on other platforms.
  • PTR characters can be boosted to max level.
  • PTR Patch Notes will be available sometime next week.
  • Fewer pieces of loot will drop, but overall loot will be higher quality.
  • The goal will be for players to be able to craft and customize their ideal gear.
    • BASE ITEM UPDATES
  • Many unused Affixes will be removed from the game.
  • Only Sacred items will appear in World Tier 3 and only Ancestral items will appear in World Tier 4.
  • The total number of Affixes on gear will be reduced.
  • Dropped Legendary and Unique items will now be tradeable
ADDITIONAL UPDATES
  • Level 95+ enemies will only drop item level 925 gear.
  • The Gem system has been simplified, and Gems can be sold for more gold.
  • Item Enchanting gold costs will be capped. Many materials have been consolidated and forgotten souls will have additional sources.
  • More Unique items will drop in World Tiers 1 and 2.
  • Uber Uniques can now drop in World Tier 3 from level 55+ enemies.
  • All Legendary Aspects can now be found in the Codex of Power.
  • Salvaging a Legendary item will upgrade the Aspect within the Codex of Power.
  • Codex of Power Legendary powers can be upgraded up to 16 times to reach its maximum potential.
  • Max-rolled Legendary Aspects will only drop in World Tier 4.
  • Tempering is a new crafting system that will allow players to add new Affixes to gear.
  • Tempering Manuals will drop from most content in the game, and cannot be target-farmed.
  • Manuals will have four possible Affixes, with one Affix being randomly applied to a piece of gear.
  • Items will have limited Temper Durability that will determine how many times a Temper can be rerolled.
  • The most powerful Affix rolls in the game, with a 1.5x multiplier to previous max rolls.
  • Greater Affixes can only roll on dropped Legendary or Unique items.
  • Greater Affixes can be Enchanted off of items, but cannot be crafted onto an item.
  • Masterworking is a new item upgrading system that will include 12 ranks.
  • Every four upgrades, one random affix will be dramatically increased.

CLASS UPDATES

• Season 4 will introduce 10 new Unique items and 1 additional Uber Unique- Tyrael's Might
  • Frozen Orb will now travel to where the player directs it.
  • Necromancer and Druid Minions will now inherit 100% of the character's stats.
  • Wind lasher aspect will spawn a lot more Dust Devils.

Jesus, there is A LOT more. I am tired of the copy pasta, just go here and scroll down for Class updates and more. I am excited that we can zoom out more during gameplay as well! https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/ne...ework-campfire-chat-338169#additional-updates

This is also just a general overview. Full patch notes, mostly class changes, won't be posted until next week.

SRTtoZ

Better than nothing. I was such a huge fan of D3 and I can't even find the time to finish the D4 campaign. It's just so damn boring to level up especially the classes I want like Druid. It's such a chore and they still haven't fixed what a slog it is.

Oh shit a nice ass buff to minions!!! FINALLY.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
You played it for "quite a while" It's the same cost as any other game. Some are 5 hours long, some are "quite a while" Keep crying.
I’m not crying…I’m stating facts that the game is trash. Please don’t be offended and try to paint a false picture of the game for people who don’t like it, and see the truth.

Also…if you are going to quote me and try to flex, I actually said “quite a bit”, not “quite a while”. Try again. Not surprising though…more evidence that you see what you want to see, even if it’s false, IE the game being worth a damn 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I’m not crying…I’m stating facts that the game is trash. Please don’t be offended and try to paint a false picture of the game for people who don’t like it, and see the truth.

Also…if you are going to quote me and try to flex, I actually said “quite a bit”, not “quite a while”. Try again. Not surprising though…more evidence that you see what you want to see, even if it’s false, IE the game being worth a damn 🤷‍♂️

Your "facts" are an opinion. Go post in a weeb adventure thread. They all suck to me, but I don't claim that opinion as fact. Blizzard is making a lot of changes, and it keeps getting better. You posted before you even viewed them just to vent in an attempt to get people to side with you or something. I ignore threads for games I don't like, like FF7 or Zelda, maybe you should try that instead of continually bitching about games you don't like.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Your "facts" are an opinion. Go post in a weeb adventure thread. They all suck to me, but I don't claim that opinion as fact. Blizzard is making a lot of changes, and it keeps getting better. You posted before you even viewed them just to vent in an attempt to get people to side with you or something. I ignore threads for games I don't like, like FF7 or Zelda, maybe you should try that instead of continually bitching about games you don't like.
Please link a thread where I ever said any weeb game is worth a damn either. Also, fuck the last two Zelda games too if I’m being honest.

Just so you know, this is a gaming forum that asks for opinions often, and it just so happens that this thread was asking for a hype check. I dropped my opinion about my personal hype…then you got offended. That’s on you bro, not me. I’m going to continue dropping my displeasure with overhyped games that I think are bad, especially in a thread that asks for what I feel about the game. Get mad all you want, but that is wtf the forums are for. Have a problem with my opinions, then click on my screen name and choose to “ignore” me. It’s legitimately as simple as that. I will never butter a game up just because YOU think I should, sorry 🤷‍♂️

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I never once called anyone a “fool” in my post. That alone screams “I’m offended because I love the game and no one else does, so they are wrong” vibes.
You said you find it asinine (Foolish, silly, stupid) that people support the game.

You can play the card of “I didn’t say you’re stupid, that’s how you’re taking it”, but it’s clear to infer. Semantics aren’t here to be taken into account.

Your posts paint you don’t like the game, the company, and people who do you can’t understand and deem the actions stupid. Again, not a leap to assume you think D4 fans are stupid.

Either way, it’s whatever. You can hate the game lol. Plenty do. The thread was to see if this season is potentially undoing the “d4 bad” meme days if this patch is a hit.

For me? I think it may be.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
You said you find it asinine (Foolish, silly, stupid) that people support the game.

You can play the card of “I didn’t say you’re stupid, that’s how you’re taking it”, but it’s clear to infer. Semantics aren’t here to be taken into account.

Your posts paint you don’t like the game, the company, and people who do you can’t understand and deem the actions stupid. Again, not a leap to assume you think D4 fans are stupid.

Either way, it’s whatever. You can hate the game lol. Plenty do. The thread was to see if this season is potentially undoing the “d4 bad” meme days if this patch is a hit.

For me? I think it may be.
I get that. I did not mean to sound like I was trying to offend anyone about their taste in the game, it’s just my own opinion on it of course. I am personally going to play the update and see what it is. But as of now the game is less than mid (again, personal taste and opinion). I hope it gets better, I really do, Diablo 2 and 3 are two of my favorite loot based RPGs ever made…but 4…it’s just not it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I get that. I did not mean to sound like I was trying to offend anyone about their taste in the game, it’s just my own opinion on it of course. I am personally going to play the update and see what it is. But as of now the game is less than mid (again, personal taste and opinion). I hope it gets better, I really do, Diablo 2 and 3 are two of my favorite loot based RPGs ever made…but 4…it’s just not it.
I’m still baffled the skill tree is worse than D3. It boggles the mind.

All good my man. I pray for us both it ends up being amazing by end of year to give us fun times for thousands of hours like D2 has.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I’m still baffled the skill tree is worse than D3. It boggles the mind.

All good my man. I pray for us both it ends up being amazing by end of year to give us fun times for thousands of hours like D2 has.
Yes, I know they are at least making an effort to make the game better. My fingers are crossed because truthfully this was one of my biggest hyped games ever when it was announced.

Thanks, I'll stick to Immortal for my Diablo fix. It's Diablo 3.5 and has so much content I don't even touch most of it, I'm just doing rifts, bounties and campaigns solo at my own pace.

dorkimoe

Watching and reading the info now. My biggest complaint as a casual fan is that I have to have 2 monitors to find builds and then once I get to endgame I don’t fully understand when a piece of gear is better than another. They need to find a way to simplify that for us non number crunching nerds

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
  • This PTR will only be available to Battlenet users on PC, but future PTRs might be available on other platforms.
  • The goal will be for players to be able to craft and customize their ideal gear.
    • BASE ITEM UPDATES
  • Only Sacred items will appear in World Tier 3 and only Ancestral items will appear in World Tier 4.
ADDITIONAL UPDATES
  • Item Enchanting gold costs will be capped. Many materials have been consolidated and forgotten souls will have additional sources.
  • Codex of Power Legendary powers can be upgraded up to 16 times to reach its maximum potential.
  • Tempering is a new crafting system that will allow players to add new Affixes to gear.
  • Tempering Manuals will drop from most content in the game, and cannot be target-farmed.
  • Manuals will have four possible Affixes, with one Affix being randomly applied to a piece of gear.
  • Items will have limited Temper Durability that will determine how many times a Temper can be rerolled.
  • The most powerful Affix rolls in the game, with a 1.5x multiplier to previous max rolls.
  • Greater Affixes can be Enchanted off of items, but cannot be crafted onto an item.

CLASS UPDATES

• Season 4 will introduce 10 new Unique items and 1 additional Uber Unique- Tyrael's Might

Jesus, there is A LOT more. I am tired of the copy pasta, just go here and scroll down for Class updates and more. I am excited that we can zoom out more during gameplay as well! https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/ne...ework-campfire-chat-338169#additional-updates
Holly fucking Shit. WHO wants or needs all these upgrade mechanics? In addition to the ones the game already has I suppose?! Keep it simple and fun - D2 Cube is a more interesting and simple solution to all this.

Last edited:

amigastar

Just a question, does the PTR in April 2nd have higher drop rate of uniques etc. or will the drop rate be the same as in the final version?

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

Holly fucking Shit. WHO wants or needs all these upgrade mechanics? In addition to the ones the game already has I suppose?! Keep it simple and fun - D2 Cube is a more interesting and simple solution to all this.

Well Last Epoch was praised for his vast crafting mechanics, so...

No clue, I prefer not to play these games day 1.

Am sure when I will get around to playing it, it will be amazing and I will be puzzled about all the criticisms it received.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
    • BASE ITEM UPDATES
ADDITIONAL UPDATES

CLASS UPDATES

Wait I'm reading this wrong? So the update doesn't address the lack of content, The lack of Box Space (Last Epoch goes up to 100 tabs for goodness sake), the lack of loot filters, the lack of set items or any update to the character tree?

This whole thing feels less like an actual update and more of a fix for things that should have been there since day one while copying aspects of PoE and LE crafting/forging mechanics.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
The changes to the legendary powers system will result in massively improved stash space in itself as you no longer need to have 10 different items with the same legendary power in your stash just so you have spares.
That's nice and all but it still doesn't fix the fundamental lack of Stash space.

They could make all of the changes to the system as they please at the end of the day I still want more Stash space.

A minimum of 30 pages should suffice but what do we have right now 5 or 6? That's not enough

They already got competition with Last Epoch not to mention No Rest for the Wicked in May and Path of Exile 2 later this year.

I would expect a multi billion dollar company to be able to make changes a bit faster then this.

Last edited:

sendit

That's nice and all but it still doesn't fix the fundamental lack of Stash space.

They could make all of the changes to the system as they please at the end of the day I still want more Stash space.

A minimum of 30 pages should suffice but what do we have right now 5 or 6? That's not enough

They already got competition with Last Epoch not to mention No Rest for the Wicked in May and Path of Exile 2 later this year.

I would expect a multi billion dollar company to be able to make changes a bit faster then this.

This will happen in form of MTX. Additional storage is a lucrative business. Checkout Path of Exiles for example.

Last edited:

xVodevil

I've got this feeling that the expansion needs the prep and might have the same effect as ROS did for D3.
Anyway I'm having fun with it since launch and surely these changes are surely welcome!

Are they gonna redo the graphics? It looks so bad...
They should also try to make it fun to play.
If they do both of those things I'll install it again.

Xion_Stellar

This will happen in form of MTX. Additional storage is a lucrative business. Checkout Path of Exiles for example.
Damnit! You're completely right they are totally going to try to sell the extra Stash space.

Last Epoch has spoiled me too much and now everything else with pale in comparison because either they won't launch with a decent amount of content or they will try to sell me a solution to an issue they manufactured such as Stash space and character slots.

I expect this to become an issue with PoE 2 but we will have to see what they do in the meantime I have to keep an eye on No Rest for the Wicked since we are less then 8 weeks away from that game coming out of Early Access.

Top Bottom