• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III has server issues and 5 minutes queue time for playing upon last Season release. How does Blizzard expect to manage Diablo IV's launch?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I’m so excited for season 28.

Yesterday made it to 70(42) and already unlocked some rites… can’t wait to see the season play out.

Filben

Don't take days off from work for the release; don't take your holidays; don't play day one; don't pay full price; work on your backlog instead.

Enjoy the game after the first patch, hassle-free, without (major) issues and most importanly don't waste your time waiting in some lines to log in; no matter how much you earn and I think for most people who earn average the money for the game is not the issue but the wasted time you could have spend otherwise better; time is the same for everyone and we only have 24 hours a day. Don't waste it on launch day.

What makes you think Blizzard feels like they need to manage it properly? People buy into it anyways. Just sit out the temper tantrums people throw on their forums and let the server load balance out by itself over time.

Little Mac

There will always be launch/server issues. It’s a marketing tactic.

Nightclubs will limit access to create long lines. It makes the club look more exclusive/popular to people driving by.

Like every Blizzard title, the will be “server issues”. People who bought the game will go online to bitch about not being able to play it. People who didn’t buy the game will read the articles and rants and feel left out of this new popular game that everyone is trying to play. If I remember correctly,t here were server issues with Hearthstone ffs.

knguyen

BUT
ALWAYS
GAMES
ARE
FINE
BECAUSE
WHO
ISN'T
ALWAYS
THESE
DAYS
AND
WHO
DOESN'T
HAVE
EASY
INTERNET
ACCESS
?

:)
Yep, people who defend this kind of practice need to realize that if the devs don't invest in their servers, the gamers are fucked no matter how good their internet is.

5 minute queues are for amateurs, those are rookie numbers. When I pre-ordered Diablo 3 for me and my wife we couldn’t play it for the first 2 weeks after release. Completely unplayable. It’s an outrage, but sure 5 minutes feels like an eternity as well.

Last edited:

Kadve

A bit off topic but im kinda been wanting to try out D3 recently. But since

A: I don't want to give Blizzard my money.
B: The fact that you cant buy the game second hand.
C: It has never been cracked.

I am not sure how.

Banned

I am not sure how.

console...

the console version is better anyways, it feels more like an action game with its roll mechanic and direct controls.
and it has couch coop

there are retail copies of the game that you can get used on any modern system

Last edited:

Kadve

console...

the console version is better anyways, it feels more like an action game with its roll mechanic and direct controls.

there are retail copies of the game that you can get used on any modern system
yea i don't play ARPG on consoles/with a controller. It just doesn't feel right.

Also i want to be able to use SweetFX/ReShade to fix those ugly graphics.

(edit) also the most recent console i own is a PS3 (Not really a console gamer) so that would mean no Rise of the Necromancer.

Last edited:

Banned
yea i don't play ARPG on consoles/with a controller. It just doesn't feel right.

plays like any hack n slash, and imo way better than the PC version with a mouse.
they really made the console version have its own feel and didn't just try to force the PC gameplay onto a controller

Also i want to be able to use SweetFX to fix those ugly graphics.

I never found that to be in any way beneficial to any game in existence... but if you reall want to use that then yeah that's a deal-breaker then for the console version.

Hot5pur

I plan to wait until they sort things out. Games these days move up their release dates and launch broken, and the public has been trained to accept it. I think reviewers could be doing more to punish games that launch in a bad state to teach companies this kinda crap can't stand.

At least Blizzard will do an open beta and get some sense of what the load will be.

Kadve

plays like any hack n slash, and imo way better than the PC version with a mouse.
they really made the console version have its own feel and didn't just try to force the PC gameplay onto a controller

Havant really checked it out much. There is no ability juggling like in II? Hate having to rely on wheel menus rather than just use a single button.

Banned
Havant really checked it out much. There is no ability juggling like in II? Hate having to rely on wheel menus rather than just use a single button.

your abilities are on the face buttons and the right shoulder buttons.
so 6 abilities equipped at once.

to equip different ones or change the bindings you go into your inventory.

left trigger is lock-on, LB is health potion and your right stick is an omnidirectional dodge like in the classic God of War games.

the dpad is mapped to town portal and the map I think... and a way to instantly equip something on the ground.

I haven't played it in a while so I might be a bit off but I think that's about it.

Last edited:

I am not sure how.
It's simple. If you want to play it you need to buy it. If you don't wanna buy it then you ain't playing it.

$10 for the base game. $20 for game + reaper of souls (must buy). $30 for base + ros + necro (not really worth it).

buying the base game will get you the campaign and give you an idea if you like the gameplay. the real game doesn't actually start until you beat the campaign and if you enjoyed it then that's where RoS comes in. You need it if you want the, almost, full Diablo 3 experience. Necro just adds a new class.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I haven't played diablo 3 in a very very long time, but what is seasons & rites?

I've been pretty much patiently waiting for diablo 4.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I am not sure how.

Its worth giving blizzard money for the last big hooraah of diablo 3 mate :D

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I haven't played diablo 3 in a very very long time, but what is seasons & rites?

I've been pretty much patiently waiting for diablo 4.

It's a new mechanic that boils down to a "skill tree" and progression is done through sacrificing specific combinations of items.

The bonuses are massively overpowered and it is clearly meant to be as a celebration and to make people OP.... that way casuals can do the high GR they never did and the hardcore can push GR even further.

first 5-7 nodes are good but not crazy, but beyond it gets insane like CC immunity, etc.

Honest question, do you need to be online to play Diablo 3 solo?
No, but you do for Diablo 2 remake and Diablo 4

So if the inevitable happens and the servers shit out on launch, or the game is popular, you will be sat in a queue to play a single player game.

.Pennywise

Banned
Yes, you DO need online for solo play in Diablo III, at least on PC, I don't know about console but I think console is not always online.

For people saying these games shouldn't be always online, it's impossible, it would absolutely wreck itemisation economy, in a game where that's all that matters.

Banned
Yes, you DO need online for solo play in Diablo III, at least on PC, I don't know about console but I think console is not always online.

For people saying these games shouldn't be always online, it's impossible, it would absolutely wreck itemisation economy, in a game where that's all that matters.

console versions work offline yes.
and to your "issue", simple fix, let people make offline characters that only work offline

Calverz

Diablo 2 at launch was a mess server wise. I dont expect to play diablo 4 at launch tbh. I might wait until the gamepass release.....

Top Bottom