• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oh, that's right. New season starts today.

Have fun with that while I'm at work... and then dealing with life.... and then having maybe 3 hours to play tonight.

This is why I don't do seasons :(

I had a prior commitment... to go see a Lion King musical.

I'll be dying a little inside.

----

Interesting post about experience rewards for greater rifts vs equivalent torment levels:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3iof0z/torment_710_vs_gr2645_scaling_xp_values/
Greater rifts give twice the experience of the equivalent difficulty, and this is before any exp bonus gear is applied. Don't bother running T10 for experience...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WE'RE CRASHING THE SERVERS :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wDESxq4.jpg

Yoshichan

I'm laughing so hard right hard

so hard

Firemind

Have fun with that while I'm at work... and then dealing with life.... and then having maybe 3 hours to play tonight.

I'm in the same boat. Just do it at your own pace. I find doing seasonal Hardcore helps in playing at your own pace. No triehards shouting at you for not doing 100 billion dps. Everyone on HC is generally a bit more relaxed in not trying to play at neckbreaking speed. Sure, you can die and lose progress, but if you're careful enough, you're not going to get close to dying. I haven't died since classic Inferno. And those were due to DCs.

I'll be taking my time because I have lost like 10 characters between levels 60-69...
What? How?

Raticus79

Main gaf clan full i take it?

EDIT: US

Yeah, it's perma-full, I've just been cycling out the folks who have been idle the longest as we get new requests to join. There have been about 300 people and 150 spots. The shuffle approach has been working out better than the overflow clans, although I know it's a pain for people to have to re-join when they come back.

Still looking for an invite to the clan before tonight, Yuuichi#1412

Ok, hopefully one of the officers can do it. I won't be able to log on before then.

hey guys, regarding the Cube. Can I put a level 60 drop in it? Like, I still have my level 60 Kridershot and never found a level 70 version. Can I put its special ability in the Cube so I can stop looking for a Krider finally?

Firemind

hey guys, regarding the Cube. Can I put a level 60 drop in it? Like, I still have my level 60 Kridershot and never found a level 70 version. Can I put its special ability in the Cube so I can stop looking for a Krider finally?
I believe so. It's not like the cube will eat it up and give nothing in return.

I believe so. It's not like the cube will eat it up and give nothing in return.

quietly excited if true, but won't hold my breath.

The only monkey wrench would be that it only accepts level 70 items, and am worried that will be the case so I don't get my hopes up. Anyone tried putting anything below level 70 in?

Kneecap

quietly excited if true, but won't hold my breath.

The only monkey wrench would be that it only accepts level 70 items, and am worried that will be the case so I don't get my hopes up. Anyone tried putting anything below level 70 in?
I've put a level 55 and a level 23 piece of armor in. Worked just fine for those.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

It's not a race man, just play at your own pace. I only get an hour or two a night usually, I won't be 70 until at least a week after the season starts. I know people get to 70 in a matter of hours but I've never been able to do it, takes me about 10 - 15 hours to level to 70, so for me that's more than a week.

I don't care about "falling behind", I just play at my own pace to have fun.

I've put a level 55 and a level 23 piece of armor in. Worked just fine for those.

O_O

I might cry if true. I still can't hope because...well I've been trying to get a level 70 Kridershot for so long I almost gave up on the game. Every DH hour since RoS came out was dedicated to getting a Krider drop and it never came. Even my only Furnace was a gift from someone who had a better one already.

I'll remain skeptical until I get my Cube. ;_;

Armaros

O_O

I might cry if true. I still can't hope because...well I've been trying to get a level 70 Kridershot for so long I almost gave up on the game. Every DH hour since RoS came out was dedicated to getting a Krider drop and it never came. Even my only Furnace was a gift from someone who had a better one already.

im so sad I salvaged my lvl 50 Rhen'ho flayer T_T

At least I found a DoD and a Carnevil with the patch, so yay upgrades.

And Carnevil + Mask of Jeram, so yummy.

Raticus79

O_O

Even if you don't get a low level one, you should be able to get one reliably within a few days by upgrading the rare 2H bows you get from gambling. Same with ceremonial knives for SMK and DoD with witch doctors.

Armaros

Even if you don't get a low level one, you should be able to get one reliably within a few days by upgrading the rare 2H bows you get from gambling. Same with ceremonial knives for SMK and DoD with witch doctors.

Yup, got a DoD in 3 tries. Haven't tried for a SMK yet since i dont have enough mats to try.

Xanathus

Is Death Breath going to be a big limiting factor in rolling for upgrades in season? I see a thread on r/diablo about a monk build for farming Death Breath using the Sage set.

I was trying to get the multishot bow and ended up with a kridershot from my second rare. Only my second too (first being from this past season).

Shame it wasn't back before the ancient meta when I might have cared.

crafting is dangerous...I had 700 breasts this morning, got 10 left.

Damn you for making me get the perfect roll. :(

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ZenaxPure

Is Death Breath going to be a big limiting factor in rolling for upgrades in season? I see a thread on r/diablo about a monk build for farming Death Breath using the Sage set.

I mean yes, but, every mat is going to be a limiting factor tbh. Every single mat is used in large quantities at the cube. The upgrade rare to legendary alone takes 50 arcane dust, crystals, reusable parts, and 25 deaths breath.

On non-seasons I had around 5k dust, 40k crystals, 10k parts, and 10k breath and I burned through all of my dust over the past 3 days, it has been insane. Already burned through 4k breath as well.

Xanathus

I mean yes, but, every mat is going to be a limiting factor tbh. Every single mat is used in large quantities at the cube. The upgrade rare to legendary alone takes 50 arcane dust, crystals, reusable parts, and 25 deaths breath.

On non-seasons I had around 5k dust, 40k crystals, 10k parts, and 10k breath and I burned through all of my dust over the past 3 days, it has been insane. Already burned through 4k breath as well.

Yeah that's sort of what I mean, as in is Death Breath going to be the bottleneck since you can now balance out blues and yellows? Like how blues were the bottleneck previously.

ZenaxPure

Yeah that's sort of what I mean, as in is Death Breath going to be the bottleneck since you can now balance out blues and yellows? Like how blues were the bottleneck previously.

Yeah I wonder the same thing, I really can't get a handle on it since I had so many mats on non-seasons already. I guess on a personal level though I have used less deaths breath than I used dust, so /shrug.

Guess it depends on what recipe you find yourself using the most (as the upgrade rare to legendary is what I was using the most by a long shot).

Raticus79

US clan stuff:
Wound up heading home from work early due to the forest fire smoke blowing through Calgary (getting pretty heavy downtown), so I can finish up any invites that were missed.

I'm also opening up the GAF community so people can insta-join for "GAF chat" without requiring approval. We can change that later if randoms become a problem. Should be done in an hour or so.

What time does the season start tonight? I have work and won't be home until 6PM pacific. I'm hoping there's still people in the clan to jump into games with this evening. I hate public games.

Raticus79

What time does the season start tonight? I have work and won't be home until 6PM pacific. I'm hoping there's still people in the clan to jump into games with this evening. I hate public games.

That works out well. Starts at 6pm Pacific.

The clan has rehydrated itself and come back to life for the season start as usual.

MGrant

PSA for hardcore characters: there are some unique mobs in the ruins of secheron that will murder low level characters on hard mode, despite the rest of the level being very doable. Lost two party members to some axe-throwing guys who did a shit-ton of damage. Just barely got out of there in time.

would someone mind linking me to how I find all these little mats for extracting leg abilities? cube secured but I've no idea where to find the little stuff. I'd like to try to extract my old kridershot's abilities asap.

im so sad I salvaged my lvl 50 Rhen'ho flayer T_T
this is why I horde. I just know I'd end up sharding something that would actually be useful one day.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
would someone mind linking me to how I find all these little mats for extracting leg abilities? cube secured but I've no idea where to find the little stuff. I'd like to try to extract my old kridershot's abilities asap.

They drop from bounty caches. Each act has its own item, you can tell which item is from which act based on the name.

Raticus79

this is why I horde. I just know I'd end up sharding something that would actually be useful one day.

Do full game clears of all the bounties, starting with the one marked as the bonus since it gives twice as much. Bonus act moves to a new act after you talk to Tyrael each time. You need one of each act's mat to store one legendary power. T3 gives 6 total, T7 gives 8.

Gotchaye

I haven't played this in forever. There was only one sort of rift back then. Going to start up a season 4 character and see how it goes.

Firemind

PSA for hardcore characters: there are some unique mobs in the ruins of secheron that will murder low level characters on hard mode, despite the rest of the level being very doable. Lost two party members to some axe-throwing guys who did a shit-ton of damage. Just barely got out of there in time.
RIP

Return of Attack of the Bees

Thanks for the heads up-I was going into this season HC.

Do these mobs also get into Nephalem Rifts?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
never did a seasonal character. is there a best difficulty to do it? i dont want to rush it or anything, in fact Ill probably only play with while a friend of mine is online

straight for master?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom