• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season Journey is a new thing, split into 9 chapters with objectives to complete each. The pet and portrait reward only require you to beat the first 4, though.

And yes, if you want to use the cat mojo, you need to be a Witchdoctor.

Awesome, chapter 4 probably not too bad, from what I've read. Regarding the cat mojo, understand I have to be a WD to use -- but do I have to be a WD to get it to drop? Or at least have an increased chance to drop? If not I may choose a different class to play.

Wtf, the Helltooth (2) set bonus is ludicrous. From relatively ez T1 I can easily went up to T4 with mostly shit items otherwise (well got Jade (2) set bonus too). 1500% dmg per second for 10 seconds and increased 20% damage from all sources to boot? Triggered by a crapton of stuff, too.

K, I'll take it!

Definitely great and one of the most powerful 2pc, if not the most powerful(Talrasha is pretty crazy too I find). 2pc Arachyr is pretty solid too though, I got that first myself and it bumped me a couple torments. The description doesn't really explain exactly how it works but basically it drops webs every second or so that last 5secs and do 4000%weapon damage over the duration, but the webs stack so once the spider is standing on an elite/boss or whatever, the damage gets crazy.

The class is pretty strong as is though, so that helps with climbing torments. I leveled in T1 from 50 to 70 because there wasn't a point in going lower since stuff was dying in seconds to haunt+locust swarm and then gambled 2pc arachyr+found acid rain staff in a few rifts and got to T4 in like under an hour.

Awesome, chapter 4 probably not too bad, from what I've read. Regarding the cat mojo, understand I have to be a WD to use -- but do I have to be a WD to get it to drop? Or at least have an increased chance to drop? If not I may choose a different class to play.

It's extremely unlikely to find class specific items, even less so than wrong stats items. However you could in theory just gamble it since I think you're allowed to gamble for other class items. I think it's common cause I got 2 already trying to gamble for other stuff(turns out it's actually really strong though so using the cube effect). Can't do much with it if you get it though since only WDs can equip mojos and you can transmo a mojo onto another item type. And it's not a limited transmo, it'll be available as a normal drop once S4 ends.

Terrible, terrible lag today. Had some last night too, but that was more expected. Really annoying and made me quit playing for now.

Otherwise this patch is pretty good. New area is awesome.

neoism

Terrible, terrible lag today. Had some last night too, but that was more expected. Really annoying and made me quit playing for now.

wow really had nothing but good ping last night...some of the best Ive ever had...

Robin64

What sucks right now is that I can't get the crafting item from Act 2 caches. I have a bug where some of the zones there won't stop displaying the loading screen. I can hear that the game has loaded, and can cast spells etc, but the loading screen won't go away.

Other have reported it too, so not just me, but god damn this is annoying.

Edit: Seems it might be a problem with AMD/Win10, so if any of you have it too, try this fix. Bout to give it a go.

Edit2: It works!

Costia

I am having problems as well (on EU).
My latency in the game is 500-2,000ms. Absolutely unplayable.
Yesterday I thought it was because of the season 4 starting rush, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
My latency in WoW is ~70ms. I also checked a few servers on speedtest.net and the pings were in the 60-100ms range.
Looks like there are few other people having the same issue - there is a few posts on the diablo 3 technical forum.

Robin64

Uff. Yeah, okay, really not as fast as others, but I hit 70 this evening.

Didn't realise the mount everyone mentioned getting in HotS was quite so awesome, though. Well worth it!

8E4HXPa.jpg

MrDaravon

Did the servers just go down for anyone else? I got timed out while fighting a boss, was super ticked then noticed that on datmodz's stream which I had on in the background they all got booted as well, and someone said WoW went down as well.

neoism

rip

so guys if I have two weapons with a leg affix... can I use the cube to have the power of another having 3 in all...????

rip

so guys if I have two weapons with a leg affix... can I use the cube to have the power of another having 3 in all...????

Well... I mean.... why not? You have 1 weapon slot in the cube. Could be anything.

On my DH (before this season), I had The multishot bow, multishot quiver, + calamity in the cube.

Gotchaye

I think my season 4 wizard might actually be better off than my old wizard at this point. I picked up two pieces of the Tal Rasha set and the boots that give +100% Meteor damage so even though my character sheet isn't that impressive I'm able to do Torment 4. Four double-damage Meteors every 8 seconds is pretty nasty. The cube is neat too - I want to get The Furnace for it, and I need a good one-handed weapon just to use too. Thunderfury is still pretty standard? I've been trying to use the cube to get one of those two but haven't had much luck so far, and unfortunately it's an expensive recipe - 25 breaths.

Celegus

As far as one handers go, I think Serpent Sparker is the way to go. Chantodo's Wand for the new Archon build. I'd dump wands into the cube and see what you get.

All of you talking about hitting level 70 in mere hours is making me really want to buy RoS right now. I was going to wait until it goes on sale again but.....self control..failing.....

My first go at a Season and all I'm doing is playing through the campaign again. Boooorriinngggg.

kmfdmpig

What sucks right now is that I can't get the crafting item from Act 2 caches. I have a bug where some of the zones there won't stop displaying the loading screen. I can hear that the game has loaded, and can cast spells etc, but the loading screen won't go away.

Other have reported it too, so not just me, but god damn this is annoying.

Edit: Seems it might be a problem with AMD/Win10, so if any of you have it too, try this fix. Bout to give it a go.

Edit2: It works!

Thanks! I was having this issue, and hope that this can resolve it. It was indeed very annoying.

The EU GAF activity is so off the charts with the start of the season. When I, part of the problems, left for bed at 2:30am yesterday, there were still roughly 36 GAF members on lmao. Around a week ago it was maybe 1-2.

anyone have a link to the Season legs so I can decide what to roll this time around?

Patch notes:

Note: The following Seasonal items will be not be available to PC players until Season 4 begins and will be available exclusively to Seasonal characters until the conclusion of Season 4

Bane of the Stricken
New Legendary Gem
Each attack you make against an enemy increases the damage it takes from your attacks by 1.0%
Gain 25% increased damage against Rift Guardians and bosses at rank 25

Barbarian
Dishonored Legacy
New Mighty Weapon
Cleave deals up to 300-400% increased damage based on percentage of missing Fury

Crusader
Sacred Harness
New Legendary Belt
Judgment is cast at your landing location when casting Falling Sword

Demon Hunter
The Demon's Demise
New Legendary Hand Crossbow
Spike Trap - Sticky Trap spreads to nearby enemies when it explodes

Monk
Lion's Claw
New Legendary Fist Weapon
Seven-Sided Strike performs an additional 7 strikes

Witch Doctor
Henri's Perquisition
New Mojo
The first time an enemy deals damage to you, reduce that damage by 45-60% and Charm the enemy for 3 seconds

Wizard
Fazula's Improbable Chain
New Legendary Belt
Archon stacks also increase your Attack Speed, Armor and resistances by 1%

Wolfie5

Oh, so Lion's Claw is a new leg? I have that as one of my main weapon for my new monk at lvl 70. I need to look at some builds I think. Leveled to 70 with a monk for the first time and not sure which skills and items I should go with. I do like seven sided strike, so some kind of build around that I think.
I can do T1, but it takes time, need to find some better gear.
Should get some gems too, don't have any yet.

Patch notes:

Note: The following Seasonal items will be not be available to PC players until Season 4 begins and will be available exclusively to Seasonal characters until the conclusion of Season 4

Bane of the Stricken
New Legendary Gem
Each attack you make against an enemy increases the damage it takes from your attacks by 1.0%
Gain 25% increased damage against Rift Guardians and bosses at rank 25

Barbarian
Dishonored Legacy
New Mighty Weapon
Cleave deals up to 300-400% increased damage based on percentage of missing Fury

Crusader
Sacred Harness
New Legendary Belt
Judgment is cast at your landing location when casting Falling Sword

Demon Hunter
The Demon's Demise
New Legendary Hand Crossbow
Spike Trap - Sticky Trap spreads to nearby enemies when it explodes

Monk
Lion's Claw
New Legendary Fist Weapon
Seven-Sided Strike performs an additional 7 strikes

Witch Doctor
Henri's Perquisition
New Mojo
The first time an enemy deals damage to you, reduce that damage by 45-60% and Charm the enemy for 3 seconds

Wizard
Fazula's Improbable Chain
New Legendary Belt
Archon stacks also increase your Attack Speed, Armor and resistances by 1%
ty.

hmmm. idunno. is Archon suddenly a thing again for Wiz? Lion's Claw seems cool. Sticky trap also seems really cool.

Robin64

ty.

hmmm. idunno. is Archon suddenly a thing again for Wiz? Lion's Claw seems cool. Sticky trap also seems really cool.

The Vyr's set got a rework and so it definitely is now.

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-vyr-archon-lightning-patch-2-3

Another D3 classic, the Archon makes a mean return with the rework to the underdeveloped Vyr set. With a unique power up – unleash –repeat playstyle, the new Archon Wizard brings melee-range destruction to a new level. If spellcasting right into the thick of the fight seems unthinkable for your squishy Wizard, this is the build that will make you reconsider

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Expert is even more of a cakewalk at level 20 than it had already been at level 10, but I'm not sure if I should bump to Master or not. If I remember correctly there is an HP sponge effect so if you want enemies that hit harder to make it interesting you end up taking forever to kill them and it gets boring needing to slowly whittle down everything.

interesting. do i need to replace all my old set pieces or can I just add them to the new pieces?

Well obviously in season you'd need all new pieces since you start from scratch, but otherwise on normal, set bonuses are updated whenever they patch them. The stats on the items themselves stay the same, so if they like added guaranteed archon damage % or whatever on one of the pieces, you wouldn't have that, but if you have 6pc vyr, you can use it right away with the new bonuses. You don't get the archon belt since it's season only though, and from what I understand it's fairly valuable to the build so you transition faster and end with more stacks at the end(which is relevant I believe cause the stacks stay with you after you drop off archon for a while so you can still do well until archon is back up a few seconds later).

Really loving seismic slam. Got the bracer that boosts the damage on five first enemies and it works really well.

Doing an homegrown build as you go along rend/seismic slam with Immortal set bonus mainly for fury generation. Works quite well.

Got to love the "hulk smash" gameplay :)

Firemind

Really loving seismic slam. Got the bracer that boosts the damage on five first enemies and it works really well.

Doing an homegrown build as you go along rend/seismic slam with Immortal set bonus mainly for fury generation. Works quite well.

Got to love the "hulk smash" gameplay :)
Yeah, I'm loving Seismic Slam too. Probably gonna transition into either WW or Hota though. That 'first five' puts a damper on things.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
woo r400 WD solo, could easily push for top 200 but im sleepy.

Me and my friend just did some gr48 in 2's and that put us at top 200, somewhere around 160 last I checked,

1440929892-lmaogloves.png

what are uliana gloves ?
what a bunch of horseshit <_< even dropped light gloves and helltooth gloves iirc

edit : and another fists of thunder lmao

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I just got Mystic Ally and some legendary boots that make it two mystic allies. I'm killing things super fast now so I think I'll bump it to Master.

Edit: Bumped it to Torment because Master was still too fast. Just beat Spider Queen and I don't think I ever went below 75% health. I also easily cleared that kill 100 enemies corrupt chest challenge. Should I bump even higher? I just got abilities to basically give me 25% extra damage all the time (frozen enemies, which is anything I touch) and then an additional 20% on blinded (I can do it any time) which also replenishes my spirit meter. I'm ridiculously OP.

strafer

heh, last night I started playing Diablo 2.

Had to create a new account, totally lost my old one.

RIP 87 Barb.

And there is still people in the chatrooms. Amazing.

Recall

Since it's seemingly impossible to get a group of people on a regular basis to grind bounties/rifts I've just resorted to getting all classes to 70. The end game grind is a crazy by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom