• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

AlexBasch

Got both PC and PS4 versions but I'm not sure about which one to play.

I play solo, but is the Seasons feature worth it? All I understood is that you start over with a new character and when it's over it gets deleted? You lose all items and gold? I must be missing something because I don't really get it. :p

Also, do I have to play the campaign first or can I just jump into the Adventure mode?

Syf

Banned
You keep the character, items, and gold after the season ends. They just roll into your non-seasonal heroes. There's also seasonal goals which will unlock exclusive pets and portrait frames. Having played both I much prefer the PC version, especially after the 64-bit client went live, but many feel the opposite way.

And I'm pretty sure you still have to complete the campaign once to unlock adventure mode.

You keep the character, items, and gold after the season ends. They just roll into your non-seasonal heroes. There's also seasonal goals which will unlock exclusive pets and portrait frames. Having played both I much prefer the PC version, especially after the 64-bit client went live, but many feel the opposite way.

And I'm pretty sure you still have to complete the campaign once to unlock adventure mode.

You have to complete story mode first...and again in hardcore mode if you want to play that.

I have the xbox version - from what I've read there is very little difference UNLESS you're planning to play the game a LOT and take advantage of the seasons feature.

The feature is meant to be coming to consoles however, so it might arrive before you need it.

Getting a high level character, capable of the hardest difficulties and rifts, is going to take 10's of hours of play (by yourself). Seasons effectively then lets you repeat that process every few months to get extra stuff.

I'd say either go where your friends are, or possibly PC as this thread seems to have more active PC players, and you could play with gaffers.

The game can be repetitive and grindy so playing it with others makes it a lot more fun in the latter stages.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Got both PC and PS4 versions but I'm not sure about which one to play.

I play solo, but is the Seasons feature worth it? All I understood is that you start over with a new character and when it's over it gets deleted? You lose all items and gold? I must be missing something because I don't really get it. :p

Also, do I have to play the campaign first or can I just jump into the Adventure mode?

seasons is just there to give people a reason to keep playing.

you must playthrough the campaign once. once you defeat the final boss you will unlock adventure mode which is where the game really begins. if you want you could just do rifts/bounties but you'd get bored of it and that's where seasons come in. it lets you start over from scratch with a new character. so you can pick a different class and try out new builds. well there's nothing to stop you doing that anyway but seasons makes everyone start out with nothing so there's a bit of competition to see who can get through it quickest and there are rewards for doing so such as sets, portraits, stash tabs. when the season ends all your progress is saved.

as for platform...consoles don't have seasons right now but i think they will get season 10 in a few months. just pick whatever one you want. i have both. i prefer playing with a controller but i play mainly on PC.

I spent at least three hours tonight trying to get a Dagger of Darts to drop. Stupid me got one when I first start playing on console a month ago and trashed it. I'm jonesing for it again, because my GR70 Jade Harvester Witch Doctor is getting a bit stale. He's a powerhouse, no doubt about it, but I'm looking to mix up my play style, while using the other powerful gear in my stash.

And I couldn't get one to drop or roll. /cries

HF2014

I spent at least three hours tonight trying to get a Dagger of Darts to drop. Stupid me got one when I first start playing on console a month ago and trashed it. I'm jonesing for it again, because my GR70 Jade Harvester Witch Doctor is getting a bit stale. He's a powerhouse, no doubt about it, but I'm looking to mix up my play style, while using the other powerful gear in my stash.

Forge it with Kanai cube! Cost some component, but you will get one.

Shady859

So yea should I just be selling everything or crafting it for parts or any low level stuff I should stash away? Playing solo if it matters...

Picked this up last month for $20 on PS4 and it's pretty great to drop in and play an hour here and there. Don't have the time or cash for big releases right now this was perfection!

Xanathus

Jade Harvester isn't even the strongest WD build, if you haven't tried Helltooth Gargantuan yet.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So yea should I just be selling everything or crafting it for parts or any low level stuff I should stash away? Playing solo if it matters...

not exactly sure what you mean?

there's a use for crafting mats in the end game, so unless you've got 0 gold for repairs, break down everything into mats and store them for later use

if you can craft something of a higher level you may as well do so as well. i wouldnt waste mats on anything legendary.

Forge it with Kanai cube! Cost some component, but you will get one.
Yeah, I've been blowing through my Death's Breaths that way, too. I use Kadala to roll a 1H mystery weapon and, if it's a ceremonial knife, I run to Kulle. I find it a bit funny that The Dagger of Darts is not actually a dagger, but a ceremonial knife. Haha!

Jade Harvester isn't even the strongest WD build, if you haven't tried Helltooth Gargantuan yet.
O rly?

I'm rolling this build on my female Witch Doctor, but I'm using Manajuma's set for the weapon and mojo. I can roll T13 with no issues, but downing things can get a little slow. Am I doing something wrong?

Does rolling with Sacred Harvester/Henri's Perquisition/Uhkapian Serpent really make that big of a difference? I've not gone that route, because Henri's Perquisition is a mojo I've only ever had one drop of and it's on my Jade Witch Doctor. I've another gemmed Sacred Harvester sitting in my stash, though, because a lot of builds seem to use it. It's just been Henri that has prevented me from going full-out with the build.

Picked this up last month for $20 on PS4
Same here and I'm already up to Paragon 650. To say that Diablo 3 on console has become my main game is a bit of an understatement. :p

So the Manald Heal wizards have taken over.
What builds use this ring? It seems like a really good ring and I've had a few drop. On my Wizard I'm running the Arcane Orb build (or, as I call it, the "Thunderdome build"). I have a lot of fun with my Wizard, but I'm still trying to get the gear to build out her other set piece builds.

PS Man, I wish I could link my console characters!

Does rolling with Sacred Harvester/Henri's Perquisition/Uhkapian Serpent really make that big of a difference? I've not gone that route, because Henri's Perquisition is a mojo I've only ever had one drop of and it's on my Jade Witch Doctor. I've another gemmed Sacred Harvester sitting in my stash, though, because a lot of builds seem to use it. It's just been Henri that has prevented me from going full-out with the build.

Helltooth Garg has no build required weapons so they can focus on magnitude weapons. The Furnace in the cube for the elite damage bonus and the Sacred Harvester for an extra 5 stacks. Combine that with Lakumba's and you get 30% more damage and 60% damage resist at 10 stacks which should be full time while mobbing. Nothing else offers similar benefit which is why it is used.

EDIT - The chicken set is still good for farming but you need to make sure you can kill quickly or you are wasting your time.

What builds use this ring? It seems like a really good ring and I've had a few drop. On my Wizard I'm running the Arcane Orb build (or, as I call it, the "Thunderdome build"). I have a lot of fun with my Wizard, but I'm still trying to get the gear to build out her other set piece builds.

Tal Rasha 6pc + Vyr 4 pc. It is a rather complex playstyle that takes advantage of the general damage boosts wizards get.

IceMarker

MvjOq9M.gif

Xanathus

O rly?

I'm rolling this build on my female Witch Doctor, but I'm using Manajuma's set for the weapon and mojo. I can roll T13 with no issues, but downing things can get a little slow. Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah that's the Helltooth Garg build, it has way more survivability than any of the other builds which allows you to push into much higher GRs. Other builds have higher DPS but you get one shotted compared to Helltooth.

Shit that I wish Blizz would do but I know they won't. It goes into fantasyland rather quickly.

-auto-pickup options
-all jewelry rolls with a socket
-5th passive slot
-2nd armor cube passive
-separate reroll for secondaries
-4th leg gem socket for B-tier gems only
-more nonstandard shit like red soulstone
-auto cast options for skills/auto cast skill slot
-total rework of companions
-Assassins

starsky

Good, good.

Shit that I wish Blizz would do but I know they won't. It goes into fantasyland rather quickly.

-auto-pickup options

I only want this one really. They should give us (or make us hunt) a specific pet to pick up DB, green, orange, yellow, etc combinations.
Another thing that could be really neat is some kind of inventory manager, especially about potions, I spend too much time looking at my stash comparing bullshit than whacking monsters.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Aw hell yeah, good on Blizzard for not only listening but reacting to the Primal concerns. I'm hoping they add a cube recipe so that players can have some control over the Primal upgrades, that would make the feature much better.

Man I wish some other dev studios were as great as Blizzard is when it comes to working WITH their community, and trusting them too.

Yeah that's the Helltooth Garg build, it has way more survivability than any of the other builds which allows you to push into much higher GRs. Other builds have higher DPS but you get one shotted compared to Helltooth.
Maybe I'm missing the point, but I thought Greater Rift progression is pushing as high as you can, while still being able to beat the Rift Boss in <15 minutes?

Cipherr

New PTR patch notes up. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20529333/patch-250-ptr-notes-1-31-2017

Notable changes are the armory system which lets you save character builds and crafting mat storage. HOWEVER

FUCK. THIS. SHIT. NotLikeThis. Now instead of grinding like hell every season for a BIS Ancient weapon, we'll have to grind even harder for a BIS Primal Ancient.

edit: this is cool for bounties

That primal ancient change is cheap horseshit man that's not right.... Pisses me off. Its so fucking lazy. We need D4 like yesterday.

Horadric change is common sense tho

Edit: Annnnd I shouldnt post while trying to work at the same time. Seems they are going to review the changes and make some modifications.

Xanathus

Well, yes, of course. My question about Greater Rifts is directly tied my previous post, which I've quoted above. Again, surely I must be doing something wrong to be 10 GR levels below my Jade Harvester build, when running Helltooth.

If you're using Manajuma, that's only for speed-farming and it will make you much squishier compared to Sacred Harvester + Henri Perquisition. You may also be actually running sub-optimal items or not rolled them properly.

If you're using Manajuma, that's only for speed-farming and it will make you much squishier compared to Sacred Harvester + Henri Perquisition. You may also be actually running sub-optimal items or not rolled them properly.
I rock Sacred Harvester + Henri with my Jade build, so that's an easy change to make. Obviously the pets are the main damage dealers of the Helltooth build, so then my main focus, as a player, would be keeping Soul Harvester stacks topped off, in addition to Wall of Death?

My Jade Harvester WD has been my main focus, with my Helltooth WD being a fun diversion for when I want to mix it up. Helltooth has not been the driver of my progression, but I'm all about mixing it up. That's one of the many reasons that makes Diablo 3 so fun, with its many different play styles.

Well, you weren't lying. I ran with the Helltooth/Garg build tonight and comfortably beat GR70 and 71 without dying. And that's without equipping Lakumba's Ornamanet or gemming Bane of the Stricken. For now, I've been rolling with Jeram's Bracers and Bane of the Powerful. Survivability isn't an issue yet and being able to cast Wall of Death 3 times makes the build a little more exciting (or less lazy, depending how one looks at it).

Will multiple casts of Wall of Death stack their damage?

Helltooth is fairly meta with the Garg babysitting. Using your movement to force a teleport to an advantageous position, pull the enemies they are attacking with Piranhas into the elite group, and then watch in horror as a fleeing, soon to be dead Crusader pulls the elites apart killing your damage.

kennah

Stumbled on to an interesting build with my wizard. Using the Season set for the 3000% ignite bonus and a source that causes you to cast your arcane power spending spells once per second.

So I currently have magic missile (fire), disentegrate (fire), blizzard (fire), magic weapon (shielding), meteor, and the force attack (fire). Doing millions of dps. Everything melts on torrent 3 and below. I just hold down disentegrate and all my other spells just autocast once per second without using any arcane power (other than disentegrate). But I have my skills and equipment set so there is a 30% reduction on casting costs and lots of bonus to my arcane power regen. Can basically do disentrgrate forever.

Nymerio

Are season only items still a thing? I'm starting to feel the itch again and may start a new character either now or next season...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Are season only items still a thing? I'm starting to feel the itch again and may start a new character either now or next season...

No. The main draw of seasons right now is getting an additional stash tab if you complete the Season Journey - a series of increasingly difficult objectives. The Season Journey also unlocks character portraits and a couple other cosmetic items. If you don't care about cosmetics and feel you have enough stash space, seasons hold little value. Unless you like the feel of starting from scratch with everyone else.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I want to download this on PS4 again but really don't want to have to play the campaign again. Is there anyway to skip it or get through it real quick?

Stumbled on to an interesting build with my wizard. Using the Season set for the 3000% ignite bonus and a source that causes you to cast your arcane power spending spells once per second.

So I currently have magic missile (fire), disentegrate (fire), blizzard (fire), magic weapon (shielding), meteor, and the force attack (fire). Doing millions of dps. Everything melts on torrent 3 and below. I just hold down disentegrate and all my other spells just autocast once per second without using any arcane power (other than disentegrate). But I have my skills and equipment set so there is a 30% reduction on casting costs and lots of bonus to my arcane power regen. Can basically do disentrgrate forever.

You can use this instead if you find it. It will allow you to free up the stuff used for resource reduction and the like.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/hergbrashs-binding

HF2014

Yeah, I've been blowing through my Death's Breaths that way, too. I use Kadala to roll a 1H mystery weapon and, if it's a ceremonial knife, I run to Kulle. I find it a bit funny that The Dagger of Darts is not actually a dagger, but a ceremonial knife. Haha!

O rly?

Same here and I'm already up to Paragon 650. To say that Diablo 3 on console has become my main game is a bit of an understatement. :p

PS Man, I wish I could link my console characters!

To quicken this a bit, just forge some rare lvl 70 ceremonial knives, it help!

Blues1990

Can someone help me (preferably a high level player) can muscle through the last chunk of the "Defeat this boss in Tourment IV" missions? I'm online ATM.

Blues1990#1733

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i just started a new character on PC. got to lvl 70 but i noticed i still have all my paragon points. anyway, i just want to do the first 4 chapters to get the set for my demon hunter. all the boxes for chapters I-IV are ticked from when i done my wizard. is there anyway to reset it for my character or do i just need to keep track of it myself?

Hit me up. My PSN name is in my Profile. I'm also looking for more people to play D3 with on the PS4. Paragon 685, GR74 here.

thanks i wont be on until tomorrow. well later today lol it's 2:30am right now so i gotta sleep!

Top Bottom