• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Going to hopefully start the season today if I can find someone to power lvl me. Can't decide what class to go. Did Wizard/Demon Hunter the last couple seasons. Don't wanna go Necromancer because well I haven't bought it yet and most people will be going Necromancer right now. Not a fan of Barbarian or Crusader so it's between Monk and Witch Doctor.

I love getting Leoric's Crown as a random drop very early in the season. It's happened to me every season, and super helpful when leveling. Currently my wizard is at 52, gonna call it for tonight though.

Sanctuary

Did about twenty Skeleton King runs and Leoric's never dropped, but fortunarely I ended up being able to forge the Cain set relatively early. Also, the first Mathiel kill and he drops Reaper Wraps!
No idea how people are able to hit 70 in two hours solo. I did it in four though.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Didn't quite make it to PL status yet - still stuck on the 4pc to 6pc transition. Almost there, just need a few more jewelry recipes.

That's one downside of the level 1 T6 trick for bounties - you don't get those jewelry recipe drops, so we wound up eventually needing to do 5 act clears again anyway.

Ron Mexico

Had a surprisingly good leveling experience last night with randoms. Same group of the 4 of us from 1-70, everyone participating, nobody acting like asshats.

Finished it in a shade over 3 hours-- definitely not the fastest possible time but might have been the most comfortable 1-70 ride to date.

Of course I'm dragging ass at work today but it's good to be back.

Did about twenty Skeleton King runs and Leoric's never dropped, but fortunarely I ended up being able to forge the Cain set relatively early. Also, the first Mathiel kill and he drops Reaper Wraps!
No idea how people are able to hit 70 in two hours solo. I did it in four though.

It guaranteed to drop in Story Mode, not Adventure.

HORRORSHØW

I love getting Leoric's Crown as a random drop very early in the season. It's happened to me every season, and super helpful when leveling. Currently my wizard is at 52, gonna call it for tonight though.
Are u on PS4 still or PC? Looking for more peeps to group with on PC.

Only leveled up to 45 yesterday. Having two jobs suck.

Dunfisch

P300, Ancient Yang's, most of the good stuff. Running GR50 with ease, now it's time to grind Paragon and collect pieces for UE Grenadier. I got nearly all of them, though there's something to be said for better rolls. A break before I continue.

Sanctuary

It guaranteed to drop in Story Mode, not Adventure.

I didn't bother doing it in story mode due to there being conflicting reports on whether or not it actually is guranteed (at 20+) in Campaign. Also, I had it drop relatively early on my last three characters in Adventure Mode, so it was odd that it didn't drop this time. Regardless, I still ended up leveling faster overall than I have ever before.

Just made it to GR57. All solo.

Xanathus

Necromancer swag giveaway by Blizzard
https://blizzard.wishpond.com/season-of-the-necromancer/
Each Prize Pack Includes:
(1) Necromancer T-shirt
(1) Diablo III Battle Chest
(1) Rise of the Necromancer Pack game code
(1) Diablo III Book of Cain Sketchbook
(1) Signed copy of the Reaper of Souls Collector’s Edition

We’ll randomly select five winners to receive one of the packs above. Enter today, and prepare to command the dead and protect the Balance as a Priest of Rathma!

Apparently if you send them a postcard you get more entries into winning the contest
B. In the event that you choose to enter the Contest by mail you must send in a 3” x 5” postcard including your name, mailing address, e-mail address and age to register eleven (11) additional entries in the Contest to the following address: Blizzard’s Season of the Necromancer Giveaway c/o Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. P.O. Box 18979 Irvine, CA 92612

Kalnoky

Took me longer than I would've liked as well, probably 3-4 hours. Was mostly doing Field/HoA killing spree runs, but it seemed way more difficult to keep the chain going than it ever did on say, a witch doctor. Maybe I'm just crazy, but it seemed like pets/pet-based abilities weren't ever resetting the timer? I dunno.

Baliis

I can do it in 2 as WD just chaining HoA, slower on other classes though

Celegus

Waiting for people to be up to PL status too, just did 1-70 through the campaign as necro in non season but too lazy to do that whole thing again.

I don't get the Tra'goul corpse lance build - how do I kick-start corpse lance solo with no corpses to begin with? Seems odd, but I've never read it's bad solo.

Radec

I don't get the Tra'goul corpse lance build - how do I kick-start corpse lance solo with no corpses to begin with? Seems odd, but I've never read it's bad solo.

Use Land of the Dead.

Basically unlimited corpses even with no courpses around when that is active.

Its pretty cd dependent since you only do dmg while LotD is active.

I hate it back then. But its the best build in the game right now for high grs

Euphony

Banned

From what I understand of the build it is entirely reliant on 2 cooldowns, Land of the Dead and Simulacrum. Simulacrum is there just for a damage boost but Land of the Dead is how you do your damage since it gives you an infinite supply of corpses for a short amount of time. Your main goal of the build is to Blood Rush around the map looking for rare packs and kiting them around at which point you pop Land of the Dead and go to town. When it ends you're a sitting duck and you go back to Blood Rushing around the map trying not to die until your stuff comes off cooldown. You are able to produce a couple of corpses every once in awhile because of the Trag'oul set bonus giving you every Blood Rush rune, but those 2 corpses aren't worth much. Maybe for an emergency Devour for health.

Radec

That seems oddly boring. Maybe it's because I'm only GR53 or so. Thanks for the info, though.

It is, you'll mostly just go around dashing and gathering mobs while LotD is inactive.

There was a point that I cant even open doors since I dont have an attack lol. Still elites and RG melts.

Euphony

Banned
It is, you'll mostly just go around dashing and gathering mobs while LotD is inactive.

There was a point that I cant even open doors since I dont have an attack lol. Still elites and RG melts.

That's what Blood Rush is for, rush toward a door to make a body and lance it open.

This is the first time I've really delved into Crusader, despite having the class since the expansion was released. There's something good here, but I can't work it out. It's almost like I can be Thor.

Got the full Tals set for my wizard. Also got an ancient Wand of Woh. I just run around rifts as a human explosion now. Did a T8 rift in like 2 minutes. :D

I am doing a seasonal character for the first time.Two questions.

Should I be selling all my stuff to level up artisans, or should I be salvaging it?

Also, should I be grouping up for maximum efficiency, or is solo pretty much the same?

Euphony

Banned
I am doing a seasonal character for the first time.Two questions.

Should I be selling all my stuff to level up artisans, or should I be salvaging it?

Also, should I be grouping up for maximum efficiency, or is solo pretty much the same?

Honestly just salvage all the items that you pick up while leveling and in the endgame too. Crafting materials are much more valuable than the comparatively minor amount of gold you get from selling junk to vendors. You should have no problem getting enough gold to level up the artisans while you level up.

As for if you should solo or group up, it's really up to you. Solo is definitely viable and how I played for a long time, but I started to enjoy just dropping into a public lobby to do rifts and bounties with random people. It's also a bit faster with more people too.

Ah, the new season started? Haven't played as the Necromancer yet, aside from an hour of two dicking around in adventure mode, to save it for a seasonal story playthrough. To really catch that 'new adventurer, starting from scratch' feeling.

I see they even fixed the necro's portrait. Excellent.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There's a lot of diversity in monk builds on the leaderboards right now. One of the top ones is an Inna build with LTK and the bracers that increase mystic ally damage after Cyclone Strike. Interesting stuff.

iok8Jb2.png

Noob questions...

Are things I aquire with my season character available for all my characters? I finally got a pet drop but don't want to use it on my season build.

Will I be able to use the DH reward set for my non season DH?

Noob questions...

Are things I aquire with my season character available for all my characters? I finally got a pet drop but don't want to use it on my season build.

Will I be able to use the DH reward set for my non season DH?

Cosmetic stuff is account-wide, but stuff like inventories (regular and stash), artisans (the levels of and plans learned by the smith, jeweler and mystic) and paragon levels are kept separate from non-seasonal characters. So your non-season DH won't be able to use the DH reward set.

Not yet, at least. When the season ends, everything will be merged and your inventory and stash will get sent to your non-seasonal characters, so you don't have to be afraid you'll lose any stuff.

There's a lot of diversity in monk builds on the leaderboards right now. One of the top ones is an Inna build with LTK and the bracers that increase mystic ally damage after Cyclone Strike. Interesting stuff.

Assuming the spirit regen rune for sweeping wind they have 24 spirit per second without Epiphany. I think they start with Cyclone + Mystic Ally and then spam LTK until resource constrained. Then they pop around 1 LTK a second until Mystic Ally comes off cooldown (zodiac helps here). And then they repeat fueled by the 200 spirit they get from the two air allies.

Cyclone and Epiphany are popped when needed/available. It should wreck if you get a resource pylon.

EDIT - They also have to work Dashing Strike in every 6 seconds for Crystal Fist.

Yes, all that cosmetic stuff is account-wide.

Cosmetic stuff is account-wide, but stuff like inventories (regular and stash), artisans (the levels of and plans learned by the smith, jeweler and mystic) and paragon levels are kept separate from non-seasonal characters. So your non-season DH won't be able to use the DH reward set.

Not yet, at least. When the season ends, everything will be merged and your inventory and stash will get sent to your non-seasonal characters, so you don't have to be afraid you'll lose any stuff.

Ok great, thanks guys!

Hahaha! No. Blizzard, for all their mentions of it years ago, still hasn't implemented that. At this point, I expect it will pop up randomly with little telling beforehand. When? Whenever. It's really low on the list.

Shame. Sometimes I need some alone time to get things done.

Friend/clan shows up - all their friends can show up - their friends' friends can show up - yadayadayada - I realize I am powerleveling people I don't even know.

Anyone on PS4 that wouldn't mind helping me level? I'm fairly new, started playing at the end of last season. Hoping to get to 70 tonight. PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Hahaha! No. Blizzard, for all their mentions of it years ago, still hasn't implemented that. At this point, I expect it will pop up randomly with little telling beforehand. When? Whenever. It's really low on the list.

They are implementing it, though, IIRC.

RS4-

Cheers to Quantum for getting me over the 60-70 hurdle. And thanks to Eek for getting me some paragon.

Fucking struggling this season with Necro. All garbage drops, can't even get the 6 pc lolol.

IceMarker

Raticus, Arrogant Bastard, Quantum, and Dreams-Visions doing work in the Season from what I've seen so far. NA D3-GAF Hall of Fame right there lol

Can the weapon slot set item from Haedrig's Gift potentially not be rolled with a socket?

It is like a regular drop. I don't think any of the set weapons are guaranteed a socket. Which is a good thing because of Ramaladni's Gift.

And I don't think any of the Haedrig's this season even include set weapons.

Top Bottom