• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

eek5

I finally got an ancient Wailing host last night as well to replace my non ancient one and it was a pretty big boost. The only thing I'm still really missing is an ancient nemesis bracers for the extra elites, and a thorns belt + shoulders which is like 18k more thorns right there. Need to get some good ancient invokers shoulders or something for that guaranteed thorns roll, but I'm dreading getting another near perfect belt of the trove.

Also eek, start learning how to stick twisters on corners lmao, so fucking dumb.

Is there any video/guide on that? I was trying to figure it out but couldn't consistently do it

I know you can glitch them on objects and shit too but it seems inconsistent

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Decking out my barb in full LoN garb made me ragequit the season rofl. LoN is so trash on barbs right now that it hurts. The only semi-viable LoN barb build is basically a knock-off/weaker take on the earthquake set. Thought this would be the season I'd get to bust out a decent Shard of Hate WW build, but WW is still too weak.

14x damage is a lot but 14x300 (whirlwind) is still only 4200% weapon damage, trasheroni as far as diablo power goes.

gryvan

I finally got an ancient Wailing host last night as well to replace my non ancient one and it was a pretty big boost. The only thing I'm still really missing is an ancient nemesis bracers for the extra elites, and a thorns belt + shoulders which is like 18k more thorns right there. Need to get some good ancient invokers shoulders or something for that guaranteed thorns roll, but I'm dreading getting another near perfect belt of the trove.

I had to reforge the LoN rings for ancients cause apparently both kadala and the rare upgrade cubes been giving me focus and restraint or convention of elements x1000000000

Xanathus

Is there any video/guide on that? I was trying to figure it out but couldn't consistently do it

I know you can glitch them on objects and shit too but it seems inconsistent

You just lure the rift boss/elites towards a corner or wall and cast ET so that the twister goes through them and hits the wall/corner then bounces back towards them? It's really simple.

Xanathus

won't i aggro them back out of corner?

If you're solo then you'll just have to lure them back into the corner, in groups the support melees position themselves between the corner and the boss. It also depends on the boss movement like that poison snake one will back away from the players. Or the easiest way is to lure it into a small room like the ones in the Bastion Keep dungeon.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I can do viii without problem, ix generally well but have to be careful in what I step in lol

Then rejoice, my friend: you're nowhere near having 'beaten' the game. There's two more difficulty levels, and greater rifts can go far beyond even that. Have fun.

biaxident

Well I lost my hardcore sader, pub t10 game, RG spawns and client crashes. I take no damage and the RG or any mobs were on me, thats cool. Ugh. That's pretty ridiculous, didnt even get to see my glorious death :(

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I am almost done with the Season journey (well I consider getting the stash tab being done) but The Thrill is kicking my ass. I have followed various guides (playing DH) and have pretty much all the items people seem to be using. Including an ancient Yang's Recurve. I just am not clearing anything fast enough. I think my goal is just going to do do high Grifts to level all my gems (Zei's, Stricken, and Trapped) and gain paragon levels and hope to over-power it with tons of levels and/or find a bunch of ancient versions of the items. I can't really think of anything else to do.

eek5

Man, I am almost done with the Season journey (well I consider getting the stash tab being done) but The Thrill is kicking my ass. I have followed various guides (playing DH) and have pretty much all the items people seem to be using. Including an ancient Yang's Recurve. I just am not clearing anything fast enough. I think my goal is just going to do do high Grifts to level all my gems (Zei's, Stricken, and Trapped) and gain paragon levels and hope to over-power it with tons of levels and/or find a bunch of ancient versions of the items. I can't really think of anything else to do.

Do you have all the items you need to buff dmg of the skills you're using?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Well I lost my hardcore sader, pub t10 game, RG spawns and client crashes. I take no damage and the RG or any mobs were on me, thats cool. Ugh. That's pretty ridiculous, didnt even get to see my glorious death :(

yeah, this is why i cant ever bring myself to seriously do hardcore character. i can't rely on diablo iii's servers not lagging me out randomly or the client freezing temporarily (seems to be happening every hour or so with the latest patch).

biaxident

yeah, this is why i cant ever bring myself to seriously do hardcore character. i can't rely on diablo iii's servers not lagging me out randomly or the client freezing temporarily (seems to be happening every hour or so with the latest patch).

I believe this was on my end, my radeon stopped responding and windows rebooted it and it froze diablo :(. I wish they could have a detection for disconnects that after so many seconds it freezes your character and logs you out instantly

eek5

I believe this was on my end, my radeon stopped responding and windows rebooted it and it froze diablo :(. I wish they could have a detection for disconnects that after so many seconds it freezes your character and logs you out instantly

people would just pull their plug when they are about to die :\

Lain

Gotta think of it like your character had a sudden heart attack.

That ancient upgrade thing... can you do it over and over on the same ancient item and it'll keep receiving improvements to the main stat?

Yeah but

Shouldn't the game end when I feel satisfied and accomplished

@_@

LRz2r.gif

No.

Hustler

Is there a GAF clan I can join? I'm about to hit lvl 70 for this season. It'd be fun to play with a group from time to time.

Just a heads up for those of you who wanted to try the Ruins of Corvus trick for getting the Avarice conquest: that shit is NOT easy. Some people made it sound like it was simple, but I've spent the last 2 hours failing at it. I got to the upper 30 million mark a couple times but there was always a part of the map that would be too empty and I'd lose my streak. Even with my speed build using Manajuma's set. I tried several different methods, like finding a route to the end of the map and then backtracking, but it never worked out. Holy fuck that was fucking infuriating. Fuck this shit, I'll just do T10 bounties wearing gold gear and wait for a Gilded Baron to appear.

Just a heads up for those of you who wanted to try the Ruins of Corvus trick for getting the Avarice conquest: that shit is NOT easy. Some people made it sound like it was simple, but I've spent the last 2 hours failing at it. I got to the upper 30 million mark a couple times but there was always a part of the map that would be too empty and I'd lose my streak. Even with my speed build using Manajuma's set. I tried several different methods, like finding a route to the end of the map and then backtracking, but it never worked out. Holy fuck that was fucking infuriating. Fuck this shit, I'll just do T10 bounties wearing gold gear and wait for a Gilded Baron to appear.

why did you even do anything other than the gold gob with gold gear on.

why do people make this shit so hard on themselves. all you have to do is put on a gold skin and as much goldfind gear as you can muster, then just do T10 rifts as normal. You'll run into a gold gob sooner or later while collecting the mats and rift keys you'll need regardless. I think when I did it I had a gold skin and goldfind on maybe 3 other pieces. $67 mill when I found a gold gob, which was maybe the 5th or 6th run.

oh well. just don't make the game harder than it needs to be.

I did it with no gold find gear on a gold gob. On T10, gold find gear doesn't make a huge difference anyway since I'm pretty sure it's additive. I did run every rift with a lvl 25 greed gem though, so I'd often build up like 5-10millions streaks randomly, so it probably merged the 2 a few times, but pretty sure I got enough for the conquest like 4 or 5 times.

eek5

You gotta run the perimeter of the map and spawn all the little scarabs. I always did it with no weapon equipped. Port back in and go to down. Should be easy if you're wearing gold find gear and have avarice equipped or cubed

Does that speed build happen to include wearing an Avarice Band? If so, I strongly recommend trying without it. It's much easier.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You really need Boon of the Hoarder at level 50 for that trick to work. I tried it at level 30 and there wasn't enough gold. And I'd rather just have the guaranteed run rather than hope a gilded baron spawns, but it's a matter of picking your poison.

Another "guaranteed" trick is to save 100 caches and open them all at the same time. Each one comes with 500k so you get 50m "easily".

---

Speaking of, I think I'm done since I got the extra stash space. I probably played more in the last month than I did after RoS came out and I have to say, the changes to the loot and rift system makes playing the game fun. I made more progress on my new season character than I did in over a hundred hours of my original character from when the game launched, so that in itself is proof that they made the game much more playable/rewarding.

I guess I could either start a second character or try my hand at grinding for ancients, but I think I played enough to last me for a while. lol

Baliis

Man, eek and I totally had an 81 2man but the RG spawned in a bullshit location, then he had a bullshit death where he just insta died after rezing that didnt even proc UA, so we missed it by like 10 seconds.

Still, got a nice upgrade to my gloves and shoulders so im pretty happy.

going for 80 today. haven't tried pushing GRs for a few days. should be do-able. my items are disgusting. however, my gems are considerably under-leveled compared to what others have. could be the biggest problem. well, that and bullshit density.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Re: Avarice Conquest

You can also just get lucky like I did yesterday with my man Dun: mention "what if I find a gilded baron goblin instead?" and then find one 2 minutes later. Switch to Goldskin chest (equipped) + Leoric's Crown (equipped/cubed) with emerald gem + Boon of the Hoarder, and BOOM: easy 66 million gold (on TX). I'm not even sure my Boon triggered cause it's only lvl 26.

Xanathus

It's really so much easier just waiting for a Gilded Baron. Just prep some gold find gear including a Leoric's Crown with Emerald in your stash or something to really make sure you get the conquest.

Lain

Boon of the hoarder at 50, Goldskin on and close to 10000% goldfind, I ran around letting the little mobs come out (because yeah, otherwise there are empty rooms and it can take the little shits enough time to start coming out that you lose the streak) and did it on my 2nd try (just because I hadn't gone around getting the scarabs to come out).

For me it was easier and quicker to do it this way than running around looking for a gold baron gob. My friend found a couple Baron gobs and he still didn't get 50m out of him so I got him to give the Corvus way a try, he ended his streak at 80m with a non maxed Boon.

Dunfisch

5 back to back Vault and Cow level runs with Beru, Vodh and Kiru... and then we topped it off with another 2 vaults. Got me like 1.2 billion gold and a veritable amount of mats.

Got both Vodh and Kiru kitted with full sets by the time we were done :D . Upgrades!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
5 back to back Vault and Cow level runs with Beru, Vodh and Kiru... and then we topped it off with another 2 vaults. Got me like 1.2 billion gold and a veritable amount of mats.

Got both Vodh and Kiru kitted with full sets by the time we were done :D . Upgrades!

I almost felt dirty with the indecency of it all... Let's do this again some other time!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There should be. I don't think we have 150 that are actually active. One of the officers should be able to make room for you.

Yeah, it's always full but we just cycle out whoever's been idle the longest (sorted in the clan list) when someone wants in. I think we're down to the 90-120 day range now, which is shorter than it used to be, but there's still a bit more room to work with.

Hustler

Being new to Seasons, what should I focus on? I've had the game since Day 1, but never really got into Seasons. I started a few characters but didn't find the time to get past Act I.

This Season, I just leveled up to 70 and got my first two set pieces. What's the best way to go about getting the other set pieces and what should I be doing in general?

Thanks!

eek5

Being new to Seasons, what should I focus on? I've had the game since Day 1, but never really got into Seasons. I started a few characters but didn't find the time to get past Act I.

This Season, I just leveled up to 70 and got my first two set pieces. What's the best way to go about getting the other set pieces and what should I be doing in general?

Thanks!
Depends on your character but first thing I would do is beg for carries in general.

Just kidding. Craft yellow items. You want crit on helm, bracer. Crit/CD on amulet, glove. Craft weapons if yours is bad too.

Run normal until you can run t1 then run t1 until you get some legendaries. When you get keystones run grifts for lehendary gems. Once you are comfy running t2 kill kulle in act2 and you will get 4 pc.

Go back to a1 and change game to public bounty and split bounties (do bonus acts).

This should allow you to cube 3 legendaries. This should be enough power increase to do gr20. Now you have 6 pc. Good luck

I did it with no gold find gear on a gold gob. On T10, gold find gear doesn't make a huge difference anyway since I'm pretty sure it's additive. I did run every rift with a lvl 25 greed gem though, so I'd often build up like 5-10millions streaks randomly, so it probably merged the 2 a few times, but pretty sure I got enough for the conquest like 4 or 5 times.

Gold find on gear is not additive to the Torment level

Right now on t10 my witch doctor has 3,068% gold find, if I equip an amulet with 78% extra gold find my character sheet total jumps to 4,706% gold find.

nubbe

Kinda crazy how uneven the difficulty is on set dungeons
Some feel unpossible while other you master by accident

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Kinda crazy how uneven the difficulty is on set dungeons
Some feel unpossible while other you master by accident

generally they seem like bad design.

they need to rebalance by removing legendary effects other than the set pieces' stats and/or standardizing the stats on the set or something while you are in the dungeon. If not then they have to make the challenges doable at a low or high gear level. they should be testing your mastery at specific mechanics, not your regular stats game

I had to remove my weapon entirely to get the firebird one done. doesn't make a whole lot of sense why i'm doing that

Dreavus

generally they seem like bad design.

they need to rebalance by removing legendary effects other than the set pieces' stats and/or standardizing the stats on the set or something while you are in the dungeon. If not then they have to make the challenges doable at a low or high gear level. they should be testing your mastery at specific mechanics, not your regular stats game

I had to remove my weapon entirely to get the firebird one done. doesn't make a whole lot of sense why i'm doing that

It would be kinda cool if it scaled your stats to a level that's appropriate. It's really weird how it ignores torment difficulty but then is set at "kinda hard", and because of the nature of some of the requirements if you're TOO strong you cant complete it either. You kind of have to hunt for the sweet spot which I agree makes no sense.

I'm going to chalk it up to them being their first attempt at content like this. Hopefully we can get a few tweaks to existing dungeons when they inevitably add more down the road.

Keikaku

Hey all! I'm getting back into the game after a break from last Season and I just tried to sign up at tinyurl.com/gafclan but the doc isn't accepting signups and said to post in the OT. I also asked an invite to the overflow GAF clan.

Any help would be appreciated!

Razakin

So yeah, either I got really damn lucky, or game just bugged out a bit on my 1st attempt at GR 70 on Invoker Crusader. Got this clear time:

Really need to upgrade my gear if I want to get over GR 70. Or switch to bombing with LoN.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hey all! I'm getting back into the game after a break from last Season and I just tried to sign up at tinyurl.com/gafclan but the doc isn't accepting signups and said to post in the OT. I also asked an invite to the overflow GAF clan.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ah, that link's for one of the old overflow clans that I think has dwindled away. Just post your battletag (like player#1234) here and we can invite you.

Top Bottom