• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Lain

Thanks for the pointers guys.

I'll have to work on leveling those gems and finding some replacements next then.
Given the Rose never drops for me, I'll farm some bounties to try some cube re-rolls.

I use the enchantress instead of the Templar as follower (for the ranged dmg reduction and the crowd control and because I've found myself not needing the Templar's healing this patch). Should I remove the immortal relic from her as well? I should take out The Ess of Johan neck too.

I'll also give a shot to the cubed furnace with a triumvirate to see how it works out for me.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

I'll have to work on leveling those gems and finding some replacements next then.
Given the Rose never drops for me, I'll farm some bounties to try some cube re-rolls.

I use the enchantress instead of the Templar as follower (for the ranged dmg reduction and the crowd control and because I've found myself not needing the Templar's healing this patch). Should I remove the immortal relic from her as well? I should take out The Ess of Johan neck too.

I'll also give a shot to the cubed furnace with a triumvirate to see how it works out for me.

You don't want an immortal relic on a follower.

The issue that is created is the following:

- You run ahead looking to pull the enemies you're running past to a bigger group you see ahead.
- Your follower lags behind because that's what they do.
- Your follower aggros packs of enemies to its location and starts fighting with them, which may be several hundred units away from your location (where you wanted them to all be). When your follower rejoins you it often causes enemies that would have followed you to de-aggro from you entirely, forcing you to have to go back to try to get them to follow you again if you can be bothered at all.
- There end up being two places where fighting is happening when you really needed them all to be around you.

You're better off not having a follower at all. They're better dead in an Arcane Orb build. Anything that can cause you to be unable to group all enemies around you is bad.

Lain

You don't want an immortal relic on a follower.

The issue that is created is the following:

- You run ahead looking to pull the enemies you're running past to a bigger group you see ahead.
- Your follower lags behind because that's what they do.
- Your follower aggros packs of enemies to its location and starts fighting with them, which may be several hundred units away from your location (where you wanted them to all be). When your follower rejoins you it often causes enemies that would have followed you to de-aggro from you entirely, forcing you to have to go back to try to get them to follow you again if you can be bothered at all.
- There end up being two places where fighting is happening when you really needed them all to be around you.

You're better off not having a follower at all. They're better dead in an Arcane Orb build. Anything that can cause you to be unable to group all enemies around you is bad.

I... I can't believe that just this was enough...

hDHb.jpg

Thanks a lot lol.

Ayumi

I need fwendsssss. Ayumi#2458 (US). (  ̄3 ̄) 〜♡

Most of my friendlist moved on/got bored with S5.

I have finally completed the season journey just a moment ago. 3 minute TX rift was a pain, but I managed to solo it with my FC barb. Got one of them good maps with lots of elites and a conduit. Portrait looks nice and I think I'm done with this season.

Cipherr

I have finally completed the season journey just a moment ago. 3 minute TX rift was a pain, but I managed to solo it with my FC barb. Got one of them good maps with lots of elites and a conduit. Portrait looks nice and I think I'm done with this season.

Thats the next thing I plan to do on my mage. Unfortunately for the set of gear I have the dungeon has a MORONIC requirement that you not get touched by a certain mob type during the run....

As in you cannot take ANY damage from this certain type of mob or you fail. And that mob is?? About a dozen fucking CAVE BURROWERS.

Absolute horseshit. Those things bug out a TON and wont surface, fucking nightmare.

Celegus

Thats the next thing I plan to do on my mage. Unfortunately for the set of gear I have the dungeon has a MORONIC requirement that you not get touched by a certain mob type during the run....

As in you cannot take ANY damage from this certain type of mob or you fail. And that mob is?? About a dozen fucking CAVE BURROWERS.

Absolute horseshit. Those things bug out a TON and wont surface, fucking nightmare.
I actually did that one first try without any prior knowledge of it. Highly recommend an Aether Walker in cube and constantly zip around so you don't get bit. Or play with a buddy and they can clean house as soon as you get the 90 kills which takes like 30 seconds.

I just have to make an alt to do a third conquest,but got sidetracked lately completing every set dungeon. Realized that pushing GRs isn't really my idea of fun.

Last night I made the switch from the Jade Harvester build to the Helltooth gargantuan build. The Jade set has served me well but I can see why the Helltooth is more popular - it's easy af to use and it's versatile. For rifts or bounties you can switch out Spirit Walk for Hex (chicken rune) and change to the Manajuma's weapons for a speed build. Good stuff.

Sent you both invites

Thanks brah

I need fwendsssss. Ayumi#2458 (US). (  ̄3 ̄) 〜♡

Most of my friendlist moved on/got bored with S5.

I'll add when I get home from work tonight. (✿◠‿◠) What time zone are you in?

MrDaravon

Set Dungeons are the worst thing in this fucking game. These plus me being unwilling to level/gear alts for journey/conquest requirements have put an immediate dead stop to even trying to complete all of the Season Journeys anymore. I still haven't even been bothered to master a single one yet, on DH the Impale one is ridiculously boring and tedious as all hell, and the Mara/UE ones are straight up fucked (burrowers & the 20 x 6 MS requirement). Haven't even looked up where and what the Nat set is. And now that I don't care about at even attempting to do all of the journeys (which I have every season) it's quickly stalled me out on wanting to play anymore already and I'm only like 45 hours in on this season; I usually hit 100 easy in Seasons before I start to get bored. Incredibly fucking disappointed.

Celegus

Not that it really matters now, but Nat's was far and away the easiest DH dungeon to master. It was a cakewalk even in slapped together crap gear.

Set Dungeons are the worst thing in this fucking game. These plus me being unwilling to level/gear alts for journey/conquest requirements have put an immediate dead stop to even trying to complete all of the Season Journeys anymore. I still haven't even been bothered to master a single one yet, on DH the Impale one is ridiculously boring and tedious as all hell, and the Mara/UE ones are straight up fucked (burrowers & the 20 x 6 MS requirement). Haven't even looked up where and what the Nat set is. And now that I don't care about at even attempting to do all of the journeys (which I have every season) it's quickly stalled me out on wanting to play anymore already and I'm only like 45 hours in on this season; I usually hit 100 easy in Seasons before I start to get bored. Incredibly fucking disappointed.

You don't feel like leveling or getting better gear, and you hate the season journey. Lol it sounds like you don't even enjoy playing Diablo. You probably should have moved on to another game a while ago.

MrDaravon

You don't feel like leveling or getting better gear, and you hate the season journey. Lol it sounds like you don't even enjoy playing Diablo. You probably should have moved on to another game a while ago.

I have well over 2000 hours in this game bro.

I don't like being gated away from having an additional stash tab and portraits when I've been playing since almost day one because I don't want to make alts to master complete horseshit set dungeons on. Season Journeys have been fine up until this point and I've done all of them.

eek5

I don't like being gated away from having an additional stash tab and portraits when I've been playing since almost day one because I don't want to make alts to master complete horseshit set dungeons on. Season Journeys have been fine up until this point and I've done all of them.

I saw that the set dungeons would be terrible after doing the wizard one with the rockworms which you can't see but have to avoid getting hit by (and also have to kill)

The GR55 6 set conquest is a lot more fun in comparison although that was a bit grindy too (had to spend a lot of resources gearing up for it instead of dumping it into my wiz)

we all know that feel.

gl getting your stash tab. and lol @ blizz gating stash tabs. everyone who's owned this game should get about 30 fuckin tabs for free, period.

MrDaravon

we all know that feel.

gl getting your stash tab. and lol @ blizz gating stash tabs. everyone who's owned this game should get about 30 fuckin tabs for free, period.

Yeah portraits are cosmetic and mostly terrible anyway so whatever, I'll take the hit on that. But gating a stash tab behind ANYTHING (Seasons + Journey Requirements) is absolutely fucking absurd given that it's been one of the top complaints of the playerbase since day one, and it pales in comparison as-is to other similar games (see PoE, Marvel etc). It's actually kind of insulting.

eek5

Yeah portraits are cosmetic and mostly terrible anyway so whatever, I'll take the hit on that. But gating a stash tab behind ANYTHING (Seasons + Journey Requirements) is absolutely fucking absurd given that it's been one of the top complaints of the playerbase since day one, and it pales in comparison as-is to other similar games (see PoE, Marvel etc). It's actually kind of insulting.

On the bright side at least they didn't put it behind some paywall+RNG mechanic :cod:

I'da paid $5-$10 for some stash space. They could have even told me it was going towards development of the next expansion and I would have accepted the lie.

The thrist man. It's real.

MrDaravon

I'da paid $5-$10 for some stash space. They could have even told me it was going towards development of the next expansion and I would have accepted the lie.

The thrist man. It's real.

Yeah pretty much. Although at this point with Seasons and having accepted I'll probably never play anything seriously besides DH + Monk on the side stash space actually matters less and less to me as time goes on. But still.

Well that's something we can all agree on.

In any case, it sounds like you're beyond burned out. 2,000 hours is an incredible amount of time to have played a single game. I've seen too many people in online games (Dota especially) that pump hundreds or thousands of hours into a game that they constantly complain about. I don't get it. Why play a video game if it doesn't even make you happy?

eek5

Well that's something we can all agree on.

In any case, it sounds like you're beyond burned out. 2,000 hours is an incredible amount of time to have played a single game. I've seen too many people in online games (Dota especially) that pump hundreds or thousands of hours into a game that they constantly complain about. I don't get it. Why play a video game if it doesn't even make you happy?

People that enjoy the game as much as we do complain about real trivial shit. It's just how it is. The closer you are to something the easier it is to get annoyed by dumb stuff. Doesn't mean we enjoy the game any less.

Blizz pls fix

MrDaravon

People that enjoy the game as much as we do complain about real trivial shit. It's just how it is. The closer you are to something the easier it is to get annoyed by dumb stuff. Doesn't mean we enjoy the game any less.

Blizz pls fix

This.

Also this is (I think) the very first time I've mentioned anything at all regarding set dungeons other than when I first encountered the Maras one and was like "this is super fucked lol".

Matchew

I also would like to join the clan if that's no problem, need some people to play with and about to hit 70 with my monk. beVo8504 #1610

Firemind

Hoooooly shiiiit. I almost died because it's late and I was too lazy to cast Slow Times all over the place. So then I got cc'd out of the bubble and something just completely wrecked me. I only had a sliver of health left and so I spammed Barrier Blades like my life depended on it while TPing when it's off cooldown. Shit was intense. Mental note: Keep calm and cast Slow Time. Always.

Blizz pls fix

This.

Also this is (I think) the very first time I've mentioned anything at all regarding set dungeons other than when I first encountered the Maras one and was like "this is super fucked lol".

Well the set dungeons are horribly balanced. The first one I did was the Jade Harvester dungeon, which was ridiculously hard. Then I did the Arachyr dungeon and mastered it on the first try. Lol. Hopefully they balance them in the next patch.

Thank you! I usually play around 7/8 PM JST.
It probably won't match your timezone... No one is usually on when I am. D:

Japan time? That's like 17 hours difference lol.

biaxident

Didn't think i'd run out of stash space on hardcore already...but already did, ugh. I gotta make sure if I have backups of each set and key items so that just takes up a lot of space. They could make it 10 bucks for 10 more tabs with search functions and I'd jump all over that for sure.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Set dungeons are horse shit. For me the worst part is how managing to complete every goal in a single run is more up to the random mob spawn inside than to your own ability.

I swear I remember reading that they are in fact not random at all: same layout, same mobs, everything.

Lain

I swear I remember reading that they are in fact not random at all: same layout, same mobs, everything.

The random part is in where the various types spawn. The types are not random, and the layout is fixed.
When I finally managed to complete Del, it was because some scarab groups popped together or close to some other group, making the 30 mobs in a bubble 3 times rather quick to achieve and leaving enough time to waste on bullet reflection and killing everything for me.

Deadly

The Firebird set dungeon is fucking stupid on HC. I immediately went LOL no thanks. Who thought up these objectives?
It's fucking horseshit even on softcore. I had to take my weapon off for it to even work and then I failed because I ran out of time and had 20 remaining monsters to kill. Same thing happened to me with the Delsere set.

Dreavus

It's pretty easy to die when you leave, if I read correctly?

In SC at least you are left with 10% of your health when you "die", which you don't get back when you leave. I assume it's the same in HC. I guess an enemy on the other side could hit you if you don't potion up before leaving via portal.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Do I get to keep all the Kanai cube legendary powers I have achieved during the Season when the season ends?

yes, it rolls over. so, try not to waste mats on things you've already learned unless you want to use it for the season

Top Bottom