• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

splattered

I'm surprised people here are planning on playing this again... so many complain about it. I bought season pass last season and then didn't play but an hour or so?

Maddoxswe

Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Worth giving another shot? I haven't played since launch.

EDIT: Just did some reading on it. This sounds awesome.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

Don't you have to restart characters every season to get seasons benefits?
Oh thats right. I forgot for a second. I played the first season, but I cant stand the battle pass being on a timer. Even if its just an hour a day, its no fun when I have to. Because it always ends up feeling like a chore.

I guess the seasonal loot system will be implemented on eternal realm after its over?

amigastar

Oh thats right. I forgot for a second. I played the first season, but I cant stand the battle pass being on a timer. Even if its just an hour a day, its no fun when I have to. Because it always ends up feeling like a chore.

I guess the seasonal loot system will be implemented on eternal realm after its over?
From what i've known the new loot system will be also unlocked in the eternal realm even before the season is over.

All new content will apply to both Seasonal and Eternal Realms, with the exception of an Iron Wolves activity and rewards for Seasonal players.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

From what i've known the new loot system will be also unlocked in the eternal realm even before the season is over.
Thatd be nice. Actually, the loot system sounds cool but Im a little surprised that its paid content. Sounds like something that should have been patched out to everyone.

Orbital2060

Yep, but seasons are free and even non season players get the new loot system also.
Thats right, I totally forgot how it works. You pay for the battle pass, and not the season. Thanks.

I havent played a season since the first one, and have no interest in starting a new character. Ive got a 76 rogue and an 80 sorceress, and its been fine playing on eternal realm. 300 +- hours on those two characters. Idea is to get them to 100 and try and beat Lilith and Im good doing that on eternal.

Mortisfacio

Banned
D4 is #4 on Twitch currently with 135k watching, so at least on the streaming side, seems like this has peaked more interest than I expected. Hoping to see the improvements to this game keep coming.

Having a blast in the reworked Helltides.

WakeTheWolf

I tried for maybe an hour, I just cant. Not really enjoying it. Campaign is a slog after completing it. Skipped campaign and still a slog. Can't put my finger on it. Something missing with this one.

DavidGzz

Barb leveling in Helltides is a blast. Only level 25 so far. I haven't had a chance to interact with the new crafting or anything. I don't want to waste mats at such a low level.

Moonjt9

Only could play for an hour last night at season launch. Got to level 32. Helltides are so fast for leveling, and super fun now. I think I’m going to switch to incinerate, been hearing a lot of talk among fellow sorcs that it’s even better than firewall now especially with the the free seasonal gear.

Gonna hit it hard tonight and see if I can get into the pit.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Played BG3 last night for the first time, was really like what I saw and heard until combat started........zzzz. I assume diable 4 isn't turn based like bg3? Keep meaning to try it.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Immediately noticed they nerfed my twitch horse mount size. Now its a scrawny pack mule like all my other mounts.

Eve's tits & ass... my microtransaction steroid enhanced Diablo mount... IS NOTHING SACRED?!?

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Played BG3 last night for the first time, was really like what I saw and heard until combat started........zzzz. I assume diable 4 isn't turn based like bg3? Keep meaning to try it.
uhh diablo combat is balls to the wall just spam click and spells, no turn based, hell you cant even pause

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This doesn’t feel improved so far in the leveling process to me.

You blast level super fast.

They claimed you get less drops but instead more impactful ones. I was dropping things left and right in Helltide just getting drops on drops. Leveling super fast.

While itemization is improved the overall game just isn’t fun to level in.

Diablo 2 I’m constantly looking forward to one more skill point, every drop is a potential awesome item even on normal, getting to level 17 is the first goal to enjoy stealth, crafting after netting runes is great, etc.

Path of exile you have the build coming online bit by bit and always a chance at some amazing drop. Even a tabula anytime you get it is hype AF in PoE.

All they’ve done here is accelerate leveling.

Maybe the end game stuff is now better so it’s funneling you there faster but the fun just isn’t here for me yet. I’m of the impression now the only way to feel rewarded and care in D4 is hardcore only.

Antwix

Save Iron Wolves rewards for later levels, or just take em early?

What do yall say
I took the rewards up to like tier 11 before I came to that realization. I think I'll resume redeeming them once I hit wt4. You're always getting upgrades anyway so not sure it matters too much. But I think I saw some of the mid-late ones specifically said sacred and the late ones specifically said ancestral. Could be wrong on that tho

Top Bottom