• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diaspora, the freeware BSG space sim, officially released!

smashism

So at the end of the campaign, can I
completely ignore all the mission objectives that have been driving me for the last 4 years, warp to a random part of space, scuttle my ships, and scatter my crew all over the place for no reason
?

Ouch, hahahaha. This made me laugh.

Decado

Wow. Will look for reviews.

How is the modding scene for Freespace 2? That game is ancient, but it always seemed to keep a strong modding scene.

Zen

Banned
Oh hey, I wondered what happened to you guys after the split from Beyond the Red Line. Nice to see a release.

Swifty

completely ignore all the mission objectives that have been driving me for the last 4 years, warp to a random part of space, scuttle my ships, and scatter my crew all over the place for no reason
?
You're going to have to wait until our final release.
That's when we switch engines and base our game off of Civilization V.

Wow. Will look for reviews.
If you want a pretty definitive review on this game outside of forum posts, we got a pretty good endorsement from PC Games N: http://www.pcgamesn.com/indie/battl...d-armistice-space-shooter-we-ve-waited-decade

The only thing that could make it better is a Viper Mk II skin :p
We actually were planning for the Viper Mark II to be in this release but there was no way we could fit it in the storyline. As a result, it was planned to at least be a playable multiplayer ship but no one could finish all the models in time.

It should definitely be in the next release.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
?
Don't forget:
ANGELS

I didn't know this project, I finished to see the four season of Battlestar Galactica just few weeks ago, so now I'm playing only Space Game. This is definitely what I need.

Top Bottom