• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukinari

Why would Nintendo bother localizing such a niche game for a console that has long been dead? Virtual console games, especially from Nintendo, are minimal efforts for them.

Unless Beginnings did some solid sales on the WiiU, I'm assuming it's never coming here unless I see solid proof.

The same could be said for the supposed Paper Mario game. Seems like they wanna keep Wii U alive a bit longer.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Why would Nintendo bother localizing such a niche game for a console that has long been dead? Virtual console games, especially from Nintendo, are minimal efforts for them.

Unless Beginnings did some solid sales on the WiiU, I'm assuming it's never coming here unless I see solid proof.

It's not that they necessarily expect it to sell a ton or that it'll get people to rush out and buy a Wii U; it's more about maintaining goodwill with the people who already own a Wii U so they don't feel like they made a bad purchase and so they don't hesitate to buy a NX or other Nintendo products in the future, as well as keeping a positive buzz with gamers in general (and maybe shut a few of them up!)

Jason C of Camp Fan Gamer says Nintendo knows who leaked Mother 3, which is supposedly coming out in June, and this person is also Emily's contact. I hope nobody gets in trouble..
Is that why she bolted from Twitter.
Well, I can't feel sorry for the employee , why do this for the Internet, you have nothing to gain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mother 3 was probably always the E3 hey, this shit is out right now deal. They've been priming the pump for three years now.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Is that why she bolted from Twitter.
Well, I can't feel sorry for the employee , why do this for the Internet, you have nothing to gain.

Yeah the leaker probably signed a NDA contract which mean you're suppose to keep ya mouth shut not give away your company secrets to a person so that they can leak over the Internet.

They should have learnt from Chis Pranger, when he got fired for breaking his NDA.

I like Emily, but why would she do this?

She killed an amazing moment from happening at a Nintendo Direct or E3.

Nah not really, I am sure that people will still be excited when they see footage of Mother 3 localized, I know I will be.

No remorse for the person who'll lose their job over this. Ruined a megaton E3 Nintendo Direct announcement and losing their job just because they want to be the "one" who leaked it.

Still, gladly buy Mother 3 Day 1.

Banned
I guess a virtual console port of an old GBA game could be considered a megaton seeing as mother 3's history is long and full of demand.

MK_768

I'm curious though. Who told all of these people to keep quiet? Was it Emily and then she announced it herself?

Kinda seems a little selfish if that's the case but I don't know.

maxcriden

I guess a virtual console port of an old GBA game could be considered a megaton seeing as mother 3's history is long and full of demand.

I think mini-ton is the right word here. It's a very big deal to a niche fanbase. (And I'm genuinely psyched for them.)

Ceravic

I've been helping to fight this battle since EB64 was cancelled in 2000. The petitions, the PK call ins, all the various fan movements, the announcement the game was coming on GBA, more petitions, more call ins, more movements, the fan translation...all of it. It's very surreal that our fight might actually be over soon. This is honestly the first time in 16 years of this that I actually believe this could be true. I feel like after this is done it'll be time for me to sail to the Undying Lands.

Well, it would also a full localization too, which is pretty crazy.

Of course that also means $10 is the absolute minimum it will cost, quite possibly even more. (I could see it going from $14.99 all the way to $19.99 even)

Capra

It looks pretty different from her sprite. The Mother 2 figures were more on point lol

Yeah, oddly enough the clay models designed for the fanmade handbook seem a lot more high quality.

Also are people seriously complaining in advance about this being a GBA VC release? The best scenario Mother fans could ever realistically hope for here is an uncensored dump of the fan-translated ROM with Tomato's blessing. Just seeing the game released overseas in any format is like a herald of the end times in itself.

I'm assuming this is most likely going to be just a Wii U VC release and not a 3DS release? You know, that platform that has sold way more than the Wii U? The 3DS? Guys?

vid

Jason C of Camp Fan Gamer says Nintendo knows who leaked Mother 3, which is supposedly coming out in June, and this person is also Emily's contact. I hope nobody gets in trouble. I guess they all knew already and was going to be the focus of this year's Camp.

Hey, the Slack that you linked to is just an unofficial gathering of folks who attended a convention last year. There's no inside information happening there, just a few people who speculating on a Tweet that was originally linked in this very thread.

I'm assuming this is most likely going to be just a Wii U VC release and not a 3DS release? You know, that platform that has sold way more than the Wii U? The 3DS? Guys?

Well, outside of the Ambassador games (which ran natively and lacked all VC/3DS functionality) the 3DS doesn't have a GBA VC at all, due to the difficulty of emulating GBA games OG 3DS hardware.

So yes, Wii U only.

Ceravic

Haha I'm more than a lil late and must have missed the tweet

38eKh75.jpg

Vena

Damage control is starting. Someone(s) in trouble.

I will give my condolences to my friend Ethan. Though he doesn't have internet right now because of house renovations.

A likely excuse! We've found the murderer!... wait what was I talking about?

Dineren

Banned
Hopefully no one gets in trouble for this leak, but I will happily buy this again if it is released in any form. I still have my gba rip with the fan translation on a flash cart in my gameboy micro. I loved the battle system, I can't wait to playthrough it again!

alf717

So surprised ruined. =( It isn't coming out for months and took the steam away from a Nintendo Direct? This is why I do not like leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom