• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diet Soda - One Calorie Or Less to Rule Them All...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find diet mountain dew code red anywhere.
Japanese Coke Zero is the GOAT. So good I keep expecting coke to get busted for selling cane sugar soda and pretending it's diet.

What's the difference between american and japanese coke zero?

I can't believe this godlike product hasn't been brought up yet.

fanta_orange_zero_12oz_can.jpg

I remember one store sold Diet Crush and how it tasted practically the same as regular Crush. Since then I've yet to find it anywhere.

Vengrim

I stopped drinking pop back near the start of the year. I don't do diet sodas since I can't get past the aftertaste. Then I was doing some of these sparkling fruit drinks since they were kinda like drinking soda but recently I started buying http://www.truelemon.com/true-lime-black-cherry-limeade. 10 calories and sweetened with splenda. I don't notice any aftertaste so it's now my go-to drink.

Wiktor

I've tried it a few times (I don't do energy drinks) and it tastes incredibly strange and artificial. I can't imagine drinking it regularly.

Personally to me the tasties diet drinks are those that don't try to imitate original's taste. That's why I don't like Cola Zero, it tries to hard to taste like the real thing, but because of lack of sugar it will never get there.
Meanwhile Max is just a diet cola drink, very different taste from regular Pepsi.

- J - D -

Now if they only brought this to The Netherlands, life would be perfect.

Please tell me a Coke Vanilla Zero also exists... Please?!

Yes.

Frankly I'm trying to find a Freestyle soda machine that houses the mythical 7 Coke Zero flavors.

l.jpg

Canon

Banned
Why? I'd love to read the info that made you decide this
please not a blog or one of those disproven rumors about cancer and holes in the brain that never came from any of the peer-reviewed science to start with
It makes me ill after consuming it. And it's not in my mind, it's usually after I eat something and then look at the ingredients after, which isn't often nowadays.

For health reasons I also don't eat caffeine, dairy, chocolate, or pretty much anything with artificial sweeteners, or eggs.

I don't miss anything except for brownies and stuff. I also don't need to lose weight, so it's pointless for me to ever drink aspartame, which doesn't really help anyway.

jts

...hate me...
You americans have it good in number of choices for diet soda.

I'm in europe and I can get... Coke Zero. And that's it. I think.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Whenever I drink soda, it's diet, but I have to wonder how bad it is for you. Regular soda obviously makes you fat, so what black magic did they pull to remove that from diet soda? It doesn't taste that much different.

120v

For someone whos watching what they eat, is Coke Zero okay to drink??

yeah any diet drink is fine. some say there's a study that it actually makes you fatter and they give you cancer blah blah... but opting for a diet soda with a meal will knock off about 250 calories

the calorie count in regular sodas is insane. unless you plan on having one or two a week i don't see how anybody could see that as a better alternative

way more

It makes me ill after consuming it. And it's not in my mind, it's usually after I eat something and then look at the ingredients after, which isn't often nowadays.

If you feel ill after looking at the ingredients I might wage that it is in your mind, this of course can be as strong if not a stronger cause of sickness. If it is or isn't' you've identified a product that you are allergic to, which is fantastic for your personal health. I just wouldn't go around bad mouthing the product. People who can't eat shellfish or peanuts don't seek their way into threads concerning them and mention it makes them sick.

Whenever I drink soda, it's diet, but I have to wonder how bad it is for you. Regular soda obviously makes you fat, so what black magic did they pull to remove that from diet soda? It doesn't taste that much different.

Calories. The part of food that either becomes energy or fat.

Liljagare

Gold Member
This is my all time favourite, tastes like the real deal, 0 sugars.

Tried alot of stuff around the world, but this company makes the best stuff:

i_gaseosa.jpg

Picobrain

Banned
I don't drink much coke but when I do I always drink regular one, diet and zero taste like piss, I can never drink that.

So except for a regular coca-cola and maybe some regional sodas/pop, I don't really drink much regular stuff anymore. I switched over maybe when I was like 12 or 13. Back then, it wasn't really like commanded by my parents, but they kind of just had a rule and would just say lay off the pop after my 2nd or 3rd in a week. But I just hated having that sugar coating feeling on my teeth, and I think I tried diet at some point and kind of liked it. It seems like there is a lot more bite to it than regular pop. Pepsi for me was the worst as far as being just too flat and sugary when compared to diet Pepsi which I really like. All of the coke zero products are really pretty good too, especially the Pibb Zero and Mello Yello Zero. My favorite go to is definitely diet mountain dew. Diet Dr. Pepper, I can really taste the difference between that and regular.

I try not still drink a lot, but I am probably at like 4-5 12oz cans a week, which is probably too much still.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Calories. The part of food that either becomes energy or fat.
Well, this is obviously the case, but how do you just remove the calories from something? Something about it seems unnatural. You don't see diet pizza, or diet fruit juice, because it's impossible.

I know aspartame is a big ingredient, and that it gives you stomach lining, but other than I don't know. I don't trust diet soda at all.
I still drink it sometimes, though

DOWN

Banned
Well, this is obviously the case, but how do you just remove the calories from something? Something about it seems unnatural. You don't see diet pizza, or diet fruit juice, because it's impossible.

I know aspartame is a big ingredient, and that it gives you stomach lining, but other than I don't know. I don't trust diet soda at all.

Aspartame gives you stomach lining, eh?

They don't remove the calories by some magic, they are imitating sodas from the ground up without calories. They take the flavoring principles they use in regular soda, mix it with water just like regular soda, but then it's lacking sugar and sweetness. Sugar rounds out the sweet flavor and adds calories, so the nifty ingredient (one of the most thoroughly tested ingredients in the history of food regulation and approvals) aspartame provides a sweetness that they can't balance out using the other flavorings they have. It's not black magic. It's just something that our bodies basically have no reaction to other than the sweetness or need for, so it is handled much like any excess ingredients we consume.

All the calories in regular soda come from sugar. Regular soda is just sugar and water. Diet soda is water and artificial sweetener, no sugar.

way more

It probably is hard to remove the calories from something but that's not how it's done with diet soda. Sweet is just a taste we were conditioned as cavemen to associate with sugar. If you found a big bush of blue berries back then the tiny amount of sugar would send you into a Scoobie-Snack like rage. But now we can distill sugar down to it's base elements and pump it into whatever we want.

Fake sugar mimics the sweetness but doesn't contain the same carbohydrates as real sugar. It's a swap for sure, but one has calories and the other doesn't. And the amount of sugar you find in a can of soda is so grossly beyond what can be found in nature.

Edit: If you toast a piece of bread aren't you removing calories? But then the burnt parts are carcinogens.

V_Arnold

I wouldn't touch aspartame with another person's tongue. Real sugar or bust.

My tongue will touch aspartame for ya!

For me, it depends on which one I drink daily for a longer period of time, cause then I need to switch it up every now and then.

My current list is:
Pepsi Light > Pepsi max ~ Coke zero > light coke

But I can already feel light being pushed down, and I welcome the double caffeine overlords that are max/zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom