• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Face-Off: Child of Light

Pain

Banned
Sounds like they should have just made the game 720p and perfected it on all console.

I don't understand people fetish with 1080p vs 720p when almost all wouldn't even notice the difference.
Most of us will only have 1 next-gen console, at least for for the first few years.
There is no "1080p vs 720p". 1080p is technically superior.

(Xbox one)there are moments where the engine falters, resulting in brief drops in smoothness and some mild - but noticeable - stuttering

Because it's a super computer you dip shits. It's not built for games but for analyzing the human genome.

MavFan619

Banned
What am I seeing?

iqYi50Vxi6JNW.png
PS4
ib1JDa83IP6cgM.png
Wii U

Crisp vs blurry. At even higher resolutions you'd make out little details like her fingers even more clearly. On PS360U it looks a bit like she's got a hoof.

(David Bierton's Digital Foundry 4:2:2 captures show some artifacting, mostly on red, not present in the source game)
This is a great example, the 1080p does this game justice for sure visually.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sounds like they should have just made the game 720p and perfected it on all console.

I don't understand people fetish with 1080p vs 720p when almost all wouldn't even notice the difference.
What on earth makes you think that?

It has no issues on ps4 and the drops on XO are very minor.

The game seems to have more varied background art and dynamic light sources than Rayman Legends. Maybe it's the lighting in particular (since that doesn't come cheap in terms of rendering).
Having played both games, there's infinitely more stuff going on in Rayman Legends. I was actually surprised at how boring Child of Light looked in comparison to RL.

Top Bottom