• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney reveals new Star Wars Land details & shows first ride footage (Disneyland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in the theme park thread i'd probably brave opening day crowds if the majority of guests were allowed to wear costumes.
Not that I care for myself but it would be a fun sight.

Tagyhag

When word first broke that Star Wars Land would feature a Millennium Falcon ride, the first thing that came to mind was Star Tours itself: an attraction where audiences sit passively and are taken on a journey. Trowbridge made it very clear that this was not the kind of experience that the team was currently working on.

Thank god, Star Tours sucks.

I'm excited about Star Wars Land, but the thing I'm excited about the most is that after the initial crowd boom that comes from a new land, people are going to be more spread out throughout the parks so that means less crowds and less waiting in line throughout all the parks. \0/

ugh so it's more screen rides?

I really want more actual rides. The screen rides are completely forgettable. I would love something on the same scale as Indiana Jones ride.

Escape is a mix, even rumors that you can get out of the vehicle at anytime to move walk around.

And the Falcon speculation is that it might be similar to Mission Space, which is far different to a standard screen ride.

Other than screen stuff what would you suggest that fits the in-world design of the land?
Absolutely nothing there is allowed to break character.

Those pieces of concept art are...ambitious. No way they're going to have enough CMs to walk around as characters and make the place feel alive. Even then, the hordes of people visiting would just crowd every alien and droid they see to get a picture with them.

The crowds when Harry Potter opened at Universal were ludicrous. Star Wars is even bigger, so it'll be a nightmare for the first year or so.

Those pieces of concept art are...ambitious. No way they're going to have enough CMS to walk around as characters and make the place feel alive. Even then, the hordes of people visiting would just crowd every alien and droid they see to get a picture with them.

The crowds when Harry Potter opened at Universal were ludicrous. Star Wars is even bigger, so it'll be a nightmare for the first year or so.

I think the crowds will work in favor of a few things but definitely hurt others.

Pineapple

Hopefully this is done right and they don't cut any corners.

Disney Parks just need...help. Animal Kingdom is improving with Pandora, which should be opening soon. Hollywood Studios has nothing at this point, and won't be worth a $100+/day ticket until Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land open up. Epcot is just a joke...so much of it is so incredibly old (as in decades...). Ask any frequent visitor or resident of Orlando and they will tell you that the rides at Universal completely blow away anything at Disney World. And Volcano Bay is about to put to shame both of Disney's water parks.

I'm still disappointed they didn't decide to just build a dedicated Star Wars park. It's not like they wouldn't have enough material to work with.

And Volcano Bay is about to put to shame both of Disney's water parks.

I could not disagree with this more. The slides aren't even hidden; they're fully exposed with typically bright colors. It looks like they plopped an (admittedly impressive) volcano over a slightly upgraded version of Wild Waves. The theming everywhere else nothing exceptional, and it doesn't help the entire thing is right next to a freeway.

Disney builds mountains to hide their infrastructure; Universal doesn't even try sometimes. I personally think something like this is a far more impressive undertaking

disneys-blizzard-beach-water-park.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom