• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's Avatar Land Shows Why It's So Hard to Keep Epcot Futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend checking out Cars land even if you don't care for the films. I would also recommend the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to those who don't particularly care for the franchise. I'm fairly sure I'll do the same for Pandora.

I really wish they would expand World Showcase there is at least spots for 8 expansion pads for new countries.

They also need to completely revamp Innoventions because it's a complete let down now.

I wouldn't be upset to see Inside Out take over the Imagination Pavilion, but would much rather they find a way to bring back the charm of the original Figment ride.

Mission Space is already showing its age and could use a revamp.

I agree with each of these points.

Part of me loves Ellen's Energy Adventure, but it could for sure use a re-haul. Hell, keep Ellen and Bill Nye but have them redo the videos.

As much as I love Spaceship Earth, I wonder what could've been if the rumors were true and they gutted the ride and put in a roller coaster called Time Racers.

Plus Japan was supposed to get a coaster that simulated a bullet train going through Mt. Fuji, but since one of Disney's HUGE SPONSORS was Kodak, they didn't want a ride that had their main competitions name in the title.

I agree with each of these points.

Part of me loves Ellen's Energy Adventure, but it could for sure use a re-haul. Hell, keep Ellen and Bill Nye but have them redo the videos.

Disney was hoping with the success of Finding Nemo, and now Finding Dory, that they could rope Ellen into doing new lines for the ride but nope.

It's kind of funny that a ride that was supposed to be about the future of energy was sponsored by Exxon.

Then again the Seas pavilion was sponsored by United Technologies who had no ties with anything sea or nautical related.

lol @ motherfuckers jerking off over the possibility of visiting Jakku aka generic af desert, before snubbing their noses at visiting psychedelic, bioluminescent Pandora jungle.

Link1110

I don't understand how the article says it isn't Disney's fault. Did anyone seriously care about avatar in 2014 when they broke the ground? I don't think the movies reputation had gone up or down at all since then.

Should've just replaced the characters with those from Pocahontas and called it a day. Wouldn't even require any other changes.

Pretty interested in what that floating island exhibit ends up looking like when it's done. I think this will be a pretty dope place to go at night actually if they go all out with the fluorescent lighting

I would make the park about learning and cool science stuff. Like letting the park goers do cool science stuff with magnetism and safe chemicals.

I think some people are overstating how important the current relevance / how well received the IP is in regards to how well the new area will do. The new Harry Potter areas in Universal are cool areas to visit even for non Potter fans. You wouldnt believe how often I've heard people raving about the area that haven't even seen all the movies or read the books. He'll I'm not sure I've even seen all the movies but I sure as hell love that train ride and the theming in both stations.

If Disney delivers on its Avatar land it will draw awe from people who have no interest in the movies and will turn Animal Kingdom into a full day park at last.

Grym

Pretty interested in what that floating island exhibit ends up looking like when it's done. I think this will be a pretty dope place to go at night actually if they go all out with the fluorescent lighting

I'm honestly most interested in seeing the final product in relation to the lighting effects. From what I've read the idea/concept for the bioluminescent forest lighting is for it to react to the guest. Stepping on it lights it up. Vegetation glows and reacts to touch. etc. It will be interesting to see to what extent they are able to pull that sort of thing off....because it will make or break the sense of how "alive" the whole area feels I think.

BigAT

You would think at some point in the 4 years it took Disney to design the area they would have realized that dedicating so many resources to a bad movie wasn't a good idea.

Future

If you are gonna do future you got to do deep future. Black Mirror like tech and look. You can trust me on this

jett

D-Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom