• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do a Barrel Roll! (MLB2K9 is Broken Edition)

~Kinggi~

Banned
hahahahahahahahahahaha

315ldep.gif

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?

holy crap id probably pay a dollar just to watch all the crazy bullshit.

Also, dont put out broken products you dumb fucks.

_Angelus_

Banned
Torgo said:
In my opinion, that would make the game start moving downhill. They'd have to generalize a lot about the development process to make it work on the 360, and they'd be limited by the media limitations of standard DVD ie the game is made from the ground-up for the PS3.

Also, the reason that a game is exclusive like The Show is ultimately to get someone to BUY their respective console for said exclusive game. That's the reason the MS shells-out so much money to secure the exclusives that they have.

Dude don't even try to tell us a fucking baseball game would need BR,just get that PR poison the hell out of here. This thread was funny till stuff like this showed up. And go take a look at some of the awful mug shots of baseball players in both 2K and The Show,its obvious theyre on a timely schedule and do not milk the system for all it can be. Texturing around both games could be improved but as always time is the problem,not the hardware on either machine. The Show is a fantastic game that kicks 2Ks ass once again but thats more towards the talent Sony have under their wing.

Flunkie

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This is the most I've actually laughed out loud at something on the internet in a very, very long time. WOW

Rezbit

:lol This is the biggest laugh from Gaming side I've had for ages. My eyes are welling up over here! Those gifs are legendary.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Wow that's awesome. So glad I got MLB the Show...but I need to eventually buy 2k9 because Lincecum is on the cover. But Ill wait till gamestop has it for 5 dollars.

_Angelus_

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Wow that's awesome. So glad I got MLB the Show...but I need to eventually buy 2k9 because Lincecum is on the cover. But Ill wait till gamestop has it for 5 dollars.

It also pains me to hear Gary Thorne in 2k's game when he should be working for Sony's franchise baseball game.
Play calling in the show is torture at times,hit the MUTE button,always.:b

Chrange said:
Every game has bugs, hence the point of QA. Nothing you posted is comparable to 2K9, the bugs in that game are way bigger. Lastly, I'm sure all these things will be sorted out in both games as long as the developers back their product.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
CrushDance said:
Every game has bugs, hence the point of QA. Nothing you posted is comparable to 2K9, the bugs in that game are way bigger. Lastly, I'm sure all these things will be sorted out in both games as long as the developers back their product.

no they won't

NBA2K9 is still broken 6 months later. NBA Live 09 is more glitched than MLB2K9 is

I've had some weird NBA2K8 glitches that I posted on youtube last year and others have seen them

Live...well....you need to see it.
fortunately for you EA lets you upload videos and you can link them!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2370086

watch them all!

sports devs SUCK these days. They rush out the same ol shit from last year with a gimmick feature. DNA in NBA Live? Yeah...not going to help you play a season since those updates don't matter!

MLB09 dev is somewhat responsive. In the menus, you can actually send them messages if you run across a issue.

hie

CrushDance said:

they weren't as crazy, no...but in a sports sim those are just as bad from a gameplay perspective. it's very frustrating to try to play a realistic game and give up runs like that through no fault of your own. The Show is awesome and destroys 2K, but those bugs ruin games too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
hie said:
they weren't as crazy, no...but in a sports sim those are just as bad from a gameplay perspective. it's very frustrating to try to play a realistic game and give up runs like that through no fault of your own. The Show is awesome and destroys 2K, but those bugs ruin games too.
Yeah, a bug doesn't have to be obviously blatant to be game-breaking.

jobber said:
no they won't

NBA2K9 is still broken 6 months later. NBA Live 09 is more glitched than MLB2K9 is

I've had some weird NBA2K8 glitches that I posted on youtube last year and others have seen them

Live...well....you need to see it.
fortunately for you EA lets you upload videos and you can link them!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2370086

watch them all!

sports devs SUCK these days. They rush out the same ol shit from last year with a gimmick feature. DNA in NBA Live? Yeah...not going to help you play a season since those updates don't matter!

MLB09 dev is somewhat responsive. In the menus, you can actually send them messages if you run across a issue.
The problem with sports development in general is the short development cycles. Maybe companies should switch over to a 2 year cycle, and just release roster updates and/or DLC to deal with the off year.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
XiaNaphryz said:
The problem with sports development in general is the short development cycles. Maybe companies should switch over to a 2 year cycle, and just release roster updates and/or DLC to deal with the off year.

Yeah. I didn't know like 2 weeks after a sports game is released, they start work on next year's game. EA has like 3 guys left over to patch the current game for maybe a month then it's dead. Each year is getting worse. NBA2K7 had several patches while 2K9 got 1.

MLB 2K9 seems to be an embarrassment. Not as bad as MLB 2K6 but . . . bleah.

I hope they are working hard on some patches since the purchasers of the game deserve some patches to fix this up.

I guess what happened is that lots of Kush Games people left and the rest of Kush that were willing to move were absorbed into Visual Concepts. This meant that VC had to take over both NHL 2Kn and MLB 2Kn in addition to their work on NBA 2Kn (and whatever else they work on). Hence NHL 2k9 and MLB 2K9 have been weak. Unfortunately, it looks like MLB 2K9 did worse than NHL 2K9.

I don't know if those people left first or if 2K Sports decided to close down Kush thus causing all those people to leave instead of moving up to Northern California.

Wikipedia said:
Kush Games was a video game developer based out of Camarillo, California. They focused on non-violent, sports video games such as MLB Baseball 2K and NHL 2K. They have created video games for most modern consoles including Playstation 2, PSP, GameCube, Xbox, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

In July 2007, Kush Games founder Umrao Mayer founded Camarillo-based Zindagi Games with a number of former Kush employees. The remaining Kush Games staff was moved to the San Francisco area in early 2008. The company later closed with all the development of the MLB and NHL 2K series being shifted over to 2K Games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kush_Games

I hope Visual Concepts can sort this all out. Well . . . at least it is good that they were not trying also product another football game too . . . that probably would have stunk as well. :lol

XiaNaphryz

speculawyer said:
I hope Visual Concepts can sort this all out.
Again, it's easy - they shut down internal development and just get Konami to make a MLB version of their PYS franchise. :D

Lord Helmet said:
Wow. I haven't played a baseball game in years and it looks like I'm not about to start now! :D

Maybe I'll pick up The Show later.

Maybe?!? May-- Maybe... Mother fucker if you have a PS3 get the The Show. For the love of god get the show. That game is INSANELY detailed -- the stadiums are so detailed it puts all other sports games to shame, not just baseball sports games.

I don't have a PS3, but I stayed up all night with a buddy of mine playing it. AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE SPORTS GAME, granted I love me some baseball, but the idea of playing baseball or any other sport as a video game has always seen idiotic to me.

I really really really really want to get a PS3 for The Show. :( I really can't decide what to do. A game I want, but its just one game.

I like 2K9. I don't looooourve it, but I like it. It's got bugs, but for whatever reason I have had fun in my franchise.

I looooooooourve The Show, though. It's like butter.

Quixzlizx

If I knew these bugs would crop up during every game, it would greatly increase my interest in playing it. :lol :lol

Although since I have a PS3, I'm going to buy The Show if anything.

I seriously hopes someone compiles all the garbage in this game and sends it to MLB in an attempt to get them to kill that exclusivity deal.

EA made the best baseball games and they're locked out until 2013.

XiaNaphryz

AnEternalEnigma said:
I seriously hopes someone compiles all the garbage in this game and sends it to MLB in an attempt to get them to kill that exclusivity deal.

EA made the best baseball games and they're locked out until 2013.
Nah, Konami and Sony have surprassed EA already with what they can put out now. And of course, early High Heat PC smoked all of them if you're going for realism.

Cloudy

Banned
Been stress testing the game for a week now. The total control pitching and batting are the best I've ever seen in a baseball game and everything else is very good. I have not seen any of the stuff shown in those vids. They are definitely not common :lol

There is a problem though. The AI baserunning has a glitch where you can almost always pickoff the guy on 2nd if you keep trying. Even if you turn "user pickoff success" to 0 and lower the AI baserunning aggression, you can still exploit it.

It's not an issue when 2 people play but you do have to tap the right trigger to get back on base if the other guy attempts a pickoff (it used to be auto unless you were taking a big lead)

I hope they can give us an update to fix the AI 2nd-base pickoffs but if not, I'll just have to be disciplined and not exploit when I'm in a jam in franchise mode. The game is so fun :D

BigNastyCurve said:
You people who revere MVP 2005 do realize that the same guy who helmed that "gem" is also at the helm of 2K9, right?

Nope, he left after last years game. Also one guy does not make the entire team. He could come up with all of the greatest ideas in the world but if he doesn't have a team that is able to execute those ideas, it's pointless.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LTTP on this one but it's worth it. Always been interested in THE SHOW more but this just sheds more light on how much it has become the premiere baseball game over the 2K brand.

Top Bottom