• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you buy the food sold at Starbucks?

meijiko

It's expensive, but around my apartment it's one of the few places offering breakfast that's not a $10-$15 a plate sit-down place. So I eat their bacon gouda egg sandwich maybe once a week.

If Wendy's served breakfast I'd never even consider Starbucks lol.

C.Mongler

I only get food at Starbucks when I'm gifted a gift card because I don't value gifted spacebux as actual money and don't feel like I'm totally getting conned when I buy their terrible food. Their baked goods are an alright value, but their sandwiches suck ass. About 5 bucks for a soggy-ass bacon, egg, and cheese? No thank you. Can't say I will ever be tempted to buy a faux-sushi roll from Starbucks.

I've gotten the sandwiches and protein boxes on occasion, they're okay but pricey. I prefer their baked goods and the grab-and-go items mostly.

Poppy

they have this octopus shaped cookie i always feel like i want because it is cute, but the fact that its a starbucks in a grocery store and the fact that it always looks exactly the same makes my brain think that its literally been in that display case for two years

Entropia

No One Remembers
I did once, because it was at an airport and I had just gotten in from my flight. Needed a coffee and got a scone with it.

TheMan

I have once, only because I was with a group and they actually chose to go there for lunch. I found it to be underwhelming and would definitely not go back unless I had no other choice.

Sushi from Starbucks? No thanks.

Only time I've ever gotten anything from there is when I needed something in a pinch. When we took our road trip on the west coast last year we would often stop in one in the morning and pick something up for the road.

FTF

Other than breakfast food like the reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich and some almonds or something, no. But the ones by me all have sandwiches and wraps now, as opposed to just cakes and sweets, etc. But I haven't seen any with sushi yet.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Their bread/cake stuff is alright. I have tried a couple of their sandwiches and they were terrible, so I won't even consider giving them another go. But I pretty much only go to Starbucks when my wife wants to go. I would rather get coffee at McDonald's.

Ripenen

The overwhelming smell of coffee in Starbucks makes food that doesn't go with coffee (like sushi) really unappetizing.

Sometimes, esp. if I'm hungover or on vacation somewhere and hungover.

The sausage + egg + chedder is a damn good fast food breakfast sandwich and it's pretty big too.

E2pSgk6l.png

Waaay better than the sausage + egg + cheese at McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts. Is it as good as your local diner? No. Is it as cheap as your local diner? No. Could you make 5 of them at home for about the same price? Yes. But w/e, get over it it's pretty good for pre-made fast food.

I've never bought sushi there and never would.

mhayes86

Nah. I've never really taken a look at their food options before. I usually only stop by Starbucks when I'm craving overpriced coffee flavored drinks.

Soma

nah i get that shit free since i work at one (for better or worse). i close often so we have so much leftover food that would otherwise get tossed so i bring some to my apartment.

my housemates love me lol

i see people paying 6-7 dollars for these mediocre as fuck sandwiches and i'm always like

jp9AFEH.jpg

Their philosophy of coffee clashes with my very parsimonious tastes, their prices are ridiculous and their coffee is somewhat weird for my European palate. They do food, too?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've bought a cookie a couple of times but that's it. Not really interested in anything else for the price they want.

finalflame

Gold Member
Their cheese danish is alright, and the sandwiches aren't great but they're decent. Overpriced like the rest of their menu, but I've gotten food there for the convenience once or twice.

MadeULook

I'll usually have one of their breakfast sandwiches once a week. I wouldn't call them great but they aren't bad if I don't feel like making breakfast in the morning.

Their philosophy of coffee clashes with my very parsimonious tastes, their prices are ridiculous and their coffee is somewhat weird for my European palate. They do food, too?

i hated Starbucks coffee before i studied in the UK [London], but i HATED Starbucks coffee afterr studying in the UK [like, why is every North American coffee shop obsessed with over-roasted / burnt beans anyway?].

dlauv

I have a few times. It's overpriced, but their food items seem like good ideas if you're caught off-guard. They're not great flavor or anything.

border

Food to buy at Starbucks:

Spicy Chorizo Sandwich -- while the sausage can have kind of a grainy quality that I don't care for, there aren't a lot of other places that offer chorizo sandwiches

Turkey Bacon + Egg White sandwich -- a healthier breakfast sandwich, tastes pretty good for what it is, and most other fast service places don't really offer a low-fat/low-cal option

Sous Vid Egg Bites (Red Pepper or Bacon Gruyere) -- the sous video cooking makes the eggs really fluffy and tender, and a nice alternative to the stiff egg products you're going to get from other places. An obvious option for low-card people.

Fruit & Cheese Plate -- on the pricey side, but unavailable elsewhere. Plus if you tried to assemble a similar assortment of cheeses for yourself (cheddar, gouda, brie) you would probably end up spending more at the grocery store since those kinds of fancy cheeses aren't sold in single-serving portions.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookie -- basically a peanut butter cookie with chocolate filling. God tier cookie dessert.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Never cared for the food at Starbucks

Feels like slightly upscale gas stations have better food

Edit: In Texas I'd rather eat at Bucees or Stripes if they have a Laredo Taco Company. Haven't tried much of the gas station food here in St Louis or not.

AsakuraZ

I work at one while I'm in school and man a lot of people buy the food. I've seen people spend upwards of $30 for a few sandwiches, cake pops, scones, etc. They're in line waiting to get their coffee, see the display glass with all the food items and decide instead of going somewhere else, just get it there. Impulsing buying is a mother.

calder

The double smoked bacon is legit pretty damn good. All the breakfast sandwiches I've tried were, at worst, OK. Haven't ever been tempted by their scant lunch/dinner offerings though.

border

Top Bottom