• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you consider digital games equal value to retail games?

eXistor

I'm oldfashioned, I don't even count my digital games as part of my collection. I'll try to wait until they're dirt cheap otherwise I won't bother. In my eyes digital games are worthless. That said, most retail games these days are so barebones that it almost doesn't count either way.

TacosNSalsa

I like to sell/trade/give away my games so I do assign less value to digital games. There are digital games that I would've sold off the day I beat them if I could've .

Southpaw Freer

Neo Member
I don't simply based on there being less product for the same amount of money.

These days I would rather buy digital for the convince but I always feel like I get the lesser product in doing so. Hopefully the prices of digital games in the console market will start falling as physical store become less relevant

No, I end up buying a lot of games so much cheaper on PC (cdkeys, GMG, steam sales) its fine but for console games I always want physical, partly because its cheaper - I have both Best Buy GCU and amazon prime both with discount on physical games of 20% (no saving on digital where available)

I also hate it when I buy something digital and cant get rid of it, even if its just a very low value I'd rather not see it again

MetalRain

I have been buying mostly digital games for few (5-6) years now and would not have it any other way. Storing, finding and switching physical discs is not something I like. So digital has more value to me.

But I probably change my opinion when some digital distributor shuts down and games become unavailable.

Gestault

I consider physical more valuable, but digital more useful in the 99% of the time I'm not trying to lend it to a friend.

I don't have unlimited shelf-space, I hate dealing with extra boxes when I move to a new house, I like having the games ready-to-go with slightly faster load time on the HDD, I own a *lot* of games, there's no risk of a toddler/pet breaking something as thin as a disc, and there are often perks to the digital version (i.e., "free" PC version for XPA titles).

But the second you don't want a game anymore, the physical version means you can sell/trade it.

Top Bottom