• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you have a favorite amiibo?

maxcriden

And if so, what is it? And why is it your fave?

You can see all of the amiibo on Nintendo's official amiibo site, specifically on their amiibo line-up page. An handy chart of amiibo can be found on the Wikipedia entry for amiibo.

amiibo first blasted onto the scene in November 2014, with the SSB line.

One of the best of those is Pikachu, of course.

3Tsks_3cRRLERfGEOLLqhsiyBsm7J10Z.png

He's got those spiky ears and unmistakable grin. We've currently got him in our rotating series of wall-hanging amiibo.

There's also an Olimar figurine, too.

cNvPsRoEN9ciVf-CvI4sUQKaCXd22J16.png

It's endlessly cool as a Nintendo fan to see niche franchises brought to life in quality figurines (I realize the quality of amiibo varies, but some are very pleasing to the eye).

74e2Yqt00FnPCJlvqmcZLCmpLovfVCVu.png

WAG8c8eZxYdS15VwnxUICH_j95H8MwWS.png

Who could forget the Yarn Yoshi line of amiibos, with its delightfully plushy figurines, the massive Mega Yoshi and of course the ever-delighted and delightful Poochy.

FTYwved_f8Y_r6vcUSd2JvzDgDkV9b2N.png

All three of these are frequently laden with catnip and then summarily licked and held and kicked by our cat.

gI8ErOKuFNuHSrR75_E9sXGWATP5We20.png

The Kirby line has backdrops with great visual cohesion and figures emanating that joyous Kirby vibe.

uvOzgaY0O76bBzQOv8DcVJ7k7evZ8VcO.png

The Majora's Mask Link releasing tomorrow arrived from Best Buy in the mail yesterday as a special mid-week surprise and I am really impressed with the detail and modeling on the figure. It's also the first one I've seen with the red Nintendo logo, though I imagine some other recent figures probably sport it also. The concept art from MM is beautifully brought to life.

XtV-knzXYXCv1gAulqj8HsYaerFPb7oh.png

Special mention to the only glow-in-the-dark amiibo, Boo. Rumor has it that when you turn away, Boo will give chase.

So, what are your faves? Any uses in games you particularly like?

The Yoshi smash amiibo because he is just the cutest <3

Have yet to even use it in a game lol, just love having Yoshi on my desk motivating my day lol

Stencil

Villager (Smash Bros.) Aside from the awesome make of it, I finally have a nice figurine to remind me of all the fun times I had with New Leaf.

edit: (not my image)
CEDrSTRUUAAMWk-.png

Apparently there was a revision from the first run? Wonder which one I have, or if one is worth more, depending.

Galang

Banned
The wedding mario and bowser look pretty rad. Probably the first amiibo I buy and keep. Champions from BoTW also seem alright

I love my 8-bit Mario and Link. I think if I had to pick favourites, it'd be them. But then I also love my Wind Waker Link and Zelda, my Pikachu, Lucario, Lucina... I am a consumer whore, by the way.

I've always loved the Shovel Knight amiibo. Nintendo allowing a 3rd party to make an amiibo was surprising and it looks really good!
41UD3cJwYCL.jpg

The Callie and Marie amiibos are really gorgeous. The way the ink bubbles up below them and the glitter inlaid in their plastic makes them feel more premium than other amiibo.
squid-sisters-feature.jpg

Kangi

Ness, for being well-made (love his little backpack), being actual EarthBound merchandise (sorta), and for singlehandedly bringing low all of GameStop.

fernoca

8-bit Link and modern 8-bit Mario are my favorites.

Also have Waddle Dee because I just love him.

And have all 5 Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo.

marrec

Banned
Yep the post above me nailed it, Callie and Marie are hands down the best Amiibo.

I do like the Guardian Amiibo because of the size and the possibility though, it's also highly detailed and of generally a better quality than most other Amiibo.

batfax

Probably Ness or Lucas. A lot of amiibos botch up the design, particularly faces, but those two turned out perfectly.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I've always loved the Shovel Knight amiibo. Nintendo allowing a 3rd party to make an amiibo was surprising and it looks really good!
41UD3cJwYCL.jpg

The Callie and Marie amiibos are really gorgeous. The way the ink bubbles up below them and the glitter inlaid in their plastic makes them feel more premium than other amiibo.
squid-sisters-feature.jpg

I still need to get Callie and Marie. Too bad they're $Texas these days.

moggio

Banned
I'm generally not a fan of ones that have supports. I think the support should be incorporated into the design or it should be removable.

DorkyMohr

Banned
Wii Fit Trainer because it's the only amiibo I've bought. It's amusing because the number of games that supports it is so low so it's become more of a curiosity than a functional amiibo.

kunonabi

Daisy
Diddy Kong
Chibi-Robo
Callie
Lottie

Those are probably my favorites but I'm really partial to the Smash Ryu, Mega Man and Kirby amiibos too.

MisterHero

Every 3rd-Party amiibo.

I love when Nintendo collaborates with 3rd-Parties even if said parties show their ass from time to time by not providing games.

The Smash Series Samus Amiibo:
pTRU1-19472191enh-z6.jpg

I just love her pose as well as the same one of the cover and disc art of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I also like the look of the Other M suit.

I also really like the poses of the Zero Suit Samus and Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo.

61ASlmx153L._SY679_.jpg
61lM7knLUVL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Blue Yarn Yoshi, Waluigi and Mr Game and Watch are all pretty cool.

Pac Man is nice too, but he's basically just a Pac Man. There's nothing really unique or interesting about it, other than the nice build quality.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Of the ones I have, Pikachu by far. Mewtwo a close second.

I've always wanted: Charizard, Kirby, Shovel Knight, Sonic.

I'll probably get a few Links tomorrow as a birthday present for myself. That Skyward Sword Link... and the WW Link... Worth every cent.

maxcriden

Of the ones I have, Pikachu by far. Mewtwo a close second.

I've always wanted: Charizard, Kirby, Shovel Knight, Sonic.

I'll probably get a few Links tomorrow as a birthday present for myself. That Skyward Sword Link... and the WW Link... Worth every cent.

I think you can get Kirby series Kirby for cheap. It's a great amiibo, as is Waddle Dee.

I don't buy Nintendo consoles anymore so an amiibo would be useless to me, but the thought of buying that Samus one pops into my head from time to time because of how cool it looks.

Muffdraul

All I have is Wolf Link from TP HD and the boy and girl Inklings from Splatoon. I've never used any of them, never even opened them. I think I heard the inklings were supposed to unlock more single player content, but I never even finished whatever levels were available. I actually just started playing it again the other day and am at the final boss. I admit it's surprisingly tough, but I have to give a big FUCK YOU to the developers for only giving you three goddamn continues, then you have to start all over at the beginning of the level. What an utterly asshole-ish thing to do in this day and age. If they pull that again in Splatoon 2 I'll fly to Japan and settle their hash.

Anyway, I guess my fave is the girl Inkling

I have all of them so far, and I still think my two favorites are the Smash versions of Meta Knight and Dedede.

I also really like the Smash version of Princess Peach.

I can't really choose between Callie & Marie, Chibi Robo, Mr Game & Watch and the blue Yarn Yoshi, the newer amiibos definitely have much nicer paint jobs and generally better sculpting than the early Smash ones.

Zubz

Banned
Tom Nook for being a great character whose figure is now sold for 99¢ (79¢ with the Best Buy discount!), or either Bayonetta variant simply because she's the Queen... My Queen... Slay something? How does PopGAF put it?

Top Bottom