• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want to re-download P.T on your ps4? Well now you can...

OCD Guy

Did you initially download P.T when it became available but then deleted it for whatever reason and then before you knew it, it was removed from the PS store forever so you were unable to download it again despite it being in your download history.

Well I have some good news. If you have downloaded P.T at some point but no longer physically have it installed on your ps4 you can get it back, courtesy of EuroGamer. But be quick...

Link to full instructions:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-18-theres-a-slightly-fiddly-way-to-re-download-p-t

Link to YouTube guide: http://youtu.be/uDpiq4xmkjM

Ah, P.T. Hideo Kojima's wonderful "playable teaser" was designed to spark a new Silent Hill game starring The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus into life. But despite being a wonderful game in its own right, Konami pulled it from the PlayStation Store after superstar designer Kojima split with the company and Silent Hills was canned.

That was that, we thought. Those with P.T. on their harddrives dared not delete the game, for fear it would be lost forever. But, it seems, the the P.T. dream lives on.

There is a way to re-download Hideo Kojima's claustrophobic horror game. Re-download, that is. If you failed to download it in the first place, you're out of luck.

The method, brought to light by Wololo.net, involves setting up your PS4 to use your PC as a proxy

MMaRsu

Banned
Yeah this was already posted here but cant find the thread atm, on mobile.

Great tool, I used this for redownloading it.

You need to have already have it in your library otherwise it doesnt work.

Delete the program from your pc after you use it.

OCD Guy

Yeah this was already posted here but cant find the thread atm, on mobile.

Great tool, I used this for redownloading it.

You need to have already have it in your library otherwise it doesnt work.

Delete the program from your pc after you use it.

Ah sorry for double posting.

I should have known there would have been a thread.

I just quickly went through the first few pages and couldn't find a thread on it.

Apologies once again...

Kaz42

Is there any story of someone trying this and getting their psn banned?
I don't want to get my primary account locked out just for a demo.

MMaRsu

Banned
Is there any story of someone trying this and getting their psn banned?
I don't want to get my primary account locked out just for a demo.

I did it last year as well and didnt get banned. Basically the chance of Sony banning you for redownloading a removed demo is slim.

Kaz42

Well its one of the best demos ever and so good its better than most full games of that genre.

A demo that inspired other games.

Well yeah. But it's still a demo...which is what I called it.
and there are many other games I have on psn that I wanted to make sure I didn't risk losing just for one thing even if that one thing is really good.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Not working for me. Ran the program, disabled firewall, set up the proxy on the ps4. Just getting a cannot download error and a big X through the download button on the store page in my library.

MMaRsu

Banned
Why? I assume you're concerned about Sony flagging you. Or some kind of network security thing. What are the consequences?

ie. What does it mean if Sony bans you?

I assume you dont want to leave an open proxy running on your pc ;)

Justinh

I tried it earlier, I couldn't get it to work though.

I assume this is because I never downloaded it, just had it in my library.

Justinh

That shouldn't be a problem

Oh, I just redid it all with my Surface Pro instead of my desktop. I wonder if there was a problem with my antivirus or the fact that my desktop is connected via cable vs. Wifi like my PS4 is.

Anyways, it's downloading now.

Top Bottom