• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone remember Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century and Archie's Weird Mysteries

Boogiepop

Sorry for the kind of bizarre mash-up, but I wanted to make essentially the same thread for both of these, and didn't feel like they really warranted a separate one each.

So I've watched both of them, but they were jammed off in the off hours IIRC back when I was a kid, so they never left as big of an impression on me, and I don't remember a lot of them. But to me, much as people may love to point out all the "character who shouldn't goes to outer space" spinoffs that exist... these are like my go-to "man, that was a weird direction to go with a show" shows. Also weirdly: both of these were my introductions to those casts of characters, so they didn't seem odd to me at the time. (It was especially weird to find out "wait, Archie and company DON'T go around fighting generic monsters and crap usually?!" Though I guess the comics have wrapped back around to having a proper horror line nowadays, albeit a BIT more mature of one...)

So yeah, anyone actually remember watching these shows? Were they actually any good, or were they as crappy as I'm guessing from vague memories and the basic concepts?

Like, they're just so odd and my memories are unfortunately pretty vague, so I'd love to hear some more in-depth discussion of these oddball cartoons.

Edit: Craaaaaaaaaaaaap. I was somehow on the Community tab, ugh. Not sure of proper procedure on this. Guess I'll remake in normal off-topic? Hope that's okay, sorry!

Top Bottom