• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does MS now have a bargaining chip for an iOS Game Pass app?

jakinov

In the short term, sure. But I don't think MS cares about short term plays.
No it would hurt Microsoft long term and short term because apple will never cave on this. Apple had a lot of popular games, games more popular than candy crush it won’t matter to them. People will play something else or play clones.

Not enough leverage to break through that barrier.

There is no hurdle that could not be overcome technologically. The singular issue is licensing and whether Apple would ever allow MS to offer a competing distribution channel without paying proper royalties.

That said, Apple has never been dependent on the IPs that Microsoft now owns. MS wants access to the line of Apple devices more than Apple wants their audience to have access to MS games.

llLeonhart

In the short term, sure. But I don't think MS cares about short term plays.
In the longterm as well.

As long as Apple don't mess up their formula(or I guess if Android phones manage to get way better optimized, which is unlikely due to it's open nature, and lack of standardization across different devices) , 90% of people will not swap for androids for Gamepass, let alone candy crush.

And even if they do on a whim, they'll swap back first chance they get.

Top Bottom