• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does this Split Pad Pro work with the US Switch?

Hayabusa83

Banned

NinjaBoiX

I had the Hori Split Pad Pro back in the day, I didn’t think it was very good tbh. Far too bulky and flimsy feeling. Not sure if they’ve improved the build quality for the new one.

I just use a grip with the standard joycons now, feels so much better!

Banned
obligatory STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HORI CONTROLLERS post.
my Split Pad Pro felt like shit from day 1, got stick drift within a year of barely any use, and finally the sticks don't click in when I fully tilt them to the side.

absolutely horrendous controller in every possible way, and among the worst 3rd party controllers I had the misfortune to use

Why wouldn't it work? It's a controller, not a game. They work with electrical inputs, you can't region lock a controller (yet)

I had the old split pad pro and it was OK but I missed all the features of the joy cons (other than amibo). I went with Nyxi joy cons instead which are amazing! They have the ergonomics of the split pad but can be used wirelessly (and individually). They also have rumble and gyro controls.

Another one I’ve heard that are good are Binbok but I’ve not used them.

It works but you should know that the button remapping does not work with it. I'm still miffed at Nintendo for this. Unless they enabled it since my rant last year. If they did enable button remapping then good for them.

Top Bottom