• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don Mattrick: "Fortunately" consumers without a connection can buy Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Sorry, I wasn't clear. By "won't affect them" I meant the whole 24h check deal but I agree with what you guys said.

Still, they'll lose on sales but I reckon it won't stop them from having a big profit and continue their business this way.

Chaplain

Still, they'll lose on sales but I reckon it won't stop them from having a big profit and continue their business this way.

Ms might encounter a huge influx of casual gamers who buy their system (like Nintendo had on the Wii) for the all-in-one functionality of their system. But these gamers do not buy software like core gamers do. They buy shovelware and lots of it.

Gui_PT

Ms might encounter a huge influx of casual gamers who buy their system (like Nintendo had on the Wii) for the all-in-one functionality of their system. But these gamers do not buy software like core gamers do. They buy shovelware and lots of it.

Well have to wait and see what that dictates in term of profit for Microsoft.

Chaplain

It looks like MS sites will be spreading that PS4 FUD that is the same DRM as Xbone: http://www.wpcentral.com/lets-talk-xbox-drm

Michael Archambault is making absolute statements that are factually incorrect.

DRM is not your worst enemy as long as it is implemented correctly. Whether you like it or not, developers have to get paid or the industry will collapse. Microsoft is working hard to implement DRM and to continue making gaming a great experience. Before you become a hate machine for the boys in Redmond - let’s remember how much you loved the Xbox 360, Halo, and other Microsoft goodies. Put down your angry fists for a second and think about what is actually happening – in the end, you might feel differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom