• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom up for pre-order on Xbox Live - comes with Doom I, II and MP pack

MauroNL

https://store.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox-O...aaf-406d-8056-032dbea4f331#gameDetailsSection

Australian Store page only so far. Game details section mentions free Doom I and Doom II XBLA BC titles included plus a multiplayer pack.
Bundle Description:For a limited time, pre-order DOOM and receive DOOM I and DOOM II. The codes will be delivered to your Xbox message center in 7-10 days. You can redeem your codes on Xbox One or at xbox.com/redeemcode. Pre-order now and also receive the Demon Multiplayer Pack, which includes one, unique Demon-themed armor set with three skin variations, six Hack Modules—one-use consumable perks—six exclusive metallic paint colors, and three id® logo patterns that can be applied to weapons and armor.

Somebody called this new way of marketing new XBOX 1 games in the XBOX one to BC thread yesterday. I like this practice going forward.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if related but I received an email from Bethesda about 1/2 hour ago saying the preorder is available, this is what you get if you pre order (no mention of the XBLA titles but the email was not platform specific)

Capture.png

Chris1

As I said in the other topic, I think this is going to be the normal for games that it makes sense for, that MS also has the marketing deal for.

I'd bet Gears 4 comes with the entire gears collection again too.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
now that is interesting-wonder how many different retailer-specific preorder bonuses there will be?
I followed the link and for the speciel edition and (in the UK) and it brought me to the GAME website, it listed the same pre order incentives.

I like seeing this initiative but it's too bad it seems to be, at least going off DS3, skewing digital only compared to Fallout and other games which had the same offer in the retail copies last year.

Just a heads up for folk DOOM 3 BFG Edition will allow you to play the first two games via 360 BC as well.

Lt.Chips

So the original Doom has relegated its name to Doom I, because the new game is also called Doom? :( I typed doom.exe, not doom1.exe, dammit!

it's very cool the classic duology is included as a bonus

KingV

Am I spoiled that I now want them to also throw in a PC key? I don't even care if it's a windows store key.

Top Bottom