• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

You want me to believe that their delays doesn't irritate you?
Not even a little bit, what's to get irritated about? Not getting updates for a game in beta, yeah maybe if it was retail, but it's a beta. Your complaining about a product you haven't paid for, and I'm going to make an assumption here but I'm sure your not avidly trying to find bugs in the client.

That and I'm dreading the addition of Bane, because I know people in MM will be sleeping the wrong targets constantly.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Yo guys, my stream got laggy in the middle of that game and I restarted it to fix the issue, I will be more vigilant in the future looking at the stream chat to keep that fixed. Soz

Dude, it's a FREE Beta. What did you expect?

I do understand that the game is both beta and free, yet I found their constant delays to be something unsuitable. They know that community eagerly waits for updates (new heroes mostly), still they allow themselves to do so. It's not like I blame'em, only express my dissatisfaction with the fact that I won't see a new hero today.

Swag

Someone in that thread is insisting Keeper of the Light is coming, so it could be both.
Valve fans are the kings of speculation, any hints of anything and their off to the races. Has there even been textures added for KoTL, or ability icons?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In before kappy dying 10 times to surprise Illuminates.

mbmonk

I am finally not feeding people at the beginning of the game w/ Lich. I was positive in my last two games, and it was actually fun. Last night I was about to uninstall the game for a second time due to dying all the time. Tonight was much better so thanks to you all for links to guides and helping me progress along. I still have a long way to go but at least the game is fun now.

Swag

What was said that even hinted at KotL?
First sentence was for Bane, second was for the guy in the thread on the dev forums talking about KoTL. Although Bane -> Nightmare makes sense seeing as how that hero has been expected for like 5 weeks now, I have the memory of reading through the Cold Fusion speculation threads in my mind, those were a bit hilarious.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Swag, as far as current datamining goes, nothing has been adding for KotL

These are the unleased heroes with data loaded into Dota 2 right now

Mortred
Ogre Magi
Lanaya
Bane
Lycanthrope
Syllabear
Shadow Demon
Chaos Knight
Panda
Dirge
Gyrocopter
Luna
Magnataur
Phantom Lancer

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
lol weeks, they've been done for months now. He used to be in the beta before The International and was removed.

I wish I could limit myself better when playing DotA. Like if I could just do one game a night I'd feel much better about my playing time. I always end up coming up with some excuse for the next game though...such as:
-There was a leaver last game, it was unfair for our team, i need revenge
-There was a leaver last game, it was too short, must play more
-Damn I had some good hooks, I should do that again
-Can't believe I missed all those hooks, I'll try again

etc, etc, etc.

Fricking DotA addiction.

Insured

I wish I could limit myself better when playing DotA. Like if I could just do one game a night I'd feel much better about my playing time. I always end up coming up with some excuse for the next game though...such as:
-There was a leaver last game, it was unfair for our team, i need revenge
-There was a leaver last game, it was too short, must play more
-Damn I had some good hooks, I should do that again
-Can't believe I missed all those hooks, I'll try again

etc, etc, etc.

Fricking DotA addiction.

This is familiar. I, too, feel like I can never stop. :<

Until that soul crushing loss happens.

While everyone defines soul crushing loss a little differently, I had my versions of them back to back last night. I've been mainly playing support and I'm ok with losing as long as I contribute positively to the team. For those two games, I pretty much did nothing. I was consistently the first to get focused down (didn't matter if I was first or last to the battle). On top of that I couldn't afford to buy even Mek. One of the more embarassing deaths (plural) came during the laning phase (top radiant) when our lane opponents (Venomancer and another hero I forget) chased me down to gank me. I managed to run into the forest directly left of the radiant top tower while they dove for me (I was down to a sliver of health). They both managed to get me in the forest. However, they also managed to aggro our creeps which caused both of them to be stuck in the forest. One guy goes down but Venomancer was completely trapped. Anyways when I respawned we all stupidly went diving for him as he was still in that same exact spot and got picked off by his spawns (which ended up feeding him before he went down). Once that happened all semblance of teamwork went to shits and we eventually lost..

Yeah.

Although that won't stop people from demanding you report their teammate for "feeding". To which my favorite response is always, "Sorry, I'm not reporting someone for being new to the game." And then they shut up. Every time. Feels good. :3

Awww thats really cute togglesworth. I knew you had it in you.

We should play some time.

vinicius

Neo Member
While everyone defines soul crushing loss a little differently, I had my versions of them back to back last night. I've been mainly playing support and I'm ok with losing as long as I contribute positively to the team. For those two games, I pretty much did nothing. I was consistently the first to get focused down (didn't matter if I was first or last to the battle). On top of that I couldn't afford to buy even Mek. One of the more embarassing deaths (plural) came during the laning phase (top radiant) when our lane opponents (Venomancer and another hero I forget) chased me down to gank me. I managed to run into the forest directly left of the radiant top tower while they dove for me (I was down to a sliver of health). They both managed to get me in the forest. However, they also managed to aggro our creeps which caused both of them to be stuck in the forest. One guy goes down but Venomancer was completely trapped. Anyways when I respawned we all stupidly went diving for him as he was still in that same exact spot and got picked off by his spawns (which ended up feeding him before he went down). Once that happened all semblance of teamwork went to shits and we eventually lost..

Last night I was watching the lady playing and there was a jungling Enigma on her team that didn't let go of warding. This is normally a good thing but they were counter warding so hard that he could afford little more than more wards. He managed to get Dagger around ~35min because he kept dying while trying to place wards. The only time he managed to place a ward and it vanished when the duration ended was when someone from the team said "yes, counter counter counter warding. You have to ward awkwardly if you want them to stick", but then the game was lost anyway. (Not just because of wards but the team wasn't very good overall, especially that Enigma)

Haly

Tide is good.

If you want to start learning how to play carries, and you're in a lower skill bracket, consider AM, Viper, Riki, SB and SkeleK.

And
Drow Ranger.

Filth

I've been playing death prophet the past couple of days and she is insane. Her first ability hits so hard and her ult is scarey :eek:

SaberVulcan

Now this is some new information to me. Why did they remove him?

Rumors are that there was a bug with Nightmare which was pretty game breaking and so he was put off. Other rumors were sleeping animations for Nightmare and unhappy with textures.

My guess is the former, as it makes the most sense.

Haly

When Bane used Nightmare, every person who saw the animation developed acute insomnia and hallucinations.

Had to fix that before deploying it. The original test team is still recovering.

Tide is good.

If you want to start learning how to play carries, and you're in a lower skill bracket, consider AM, Viper, Riki, SB and SkeleK.

And
Drow Ranger.

I don't know what skill bracket I'm in at this point but I've noticed lately that I'm getting matched with players with 100+ wins while I only have 15...

Haly

Well go to "Watch" and "Recent Games". Click "Filter", then type in your name and select "Low" as the skill bracket. If most of your replays are from there, then you're probably in the low skill bracket.

The brackets can be kind of a crapshoot at times.

(Also it's not really about the number of wins, but the individual hero stats of the person playing them. If they have something like 10-0-5 every game with consistent 600 GPM, yeah okay that's pretty pro. But if they're winning with scores like 3-7-8 with only 200 GPM it's not that impressive. After all, they might just have more losses than wins.)

Swag

soul crushing loss? pfffft i should show you my record on Drow.
fWfpP.jpg

g4OCf.jpg

3rcuV.jpg

One day I'll win, one day.
I don't know what skill bracket I'm in at this point but I've noticed lately that I'm getting matched with players with 100+ wins while I only have 15...
I've noticed this too, sometimes I'll get matched with people 300+ wins, and other times people that are barely above 50, don't understand how it works, maybe after a certain point it just throws you with whoever in order to avoid a long queue.
I've been playing death prophet the past couple of days and she is insane. Her first ability hits so hard and her ult is scarey :eek:
Also Best female VA, maybe almost as good as Vengeful, Vengeful doesn't have any rival lines though, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom