• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

Welp, don't see too many people using this unless they add a few more servers. 2+ minutes waiting to try a private match just to try out Bane.

Guesong

Just to echo Swag here (believe it was Swag earlier on Mumble) : I have zilch, zero, nada idea about why people are even remotely excited for Bane.

His visual design is nice, granted, but he's so boring. So, so boring, and another INT hero.

Hylian7

iDlEFuTnRZKCm.png

So uh....clicking these does nothing.....

Edit: Well shit.....

ib2GlQCgruchuU.PNG

[IG]http://i.minus.com/iDlEFuTnRZKCm.png[/IMG]

So uh....clicking these does nothing.....

I'm guess it hasn't been implemented yet since it depends on a high player count for it to work. The autobalanced levels intrigues me. To me it implies that there'll be some sort of rubberbanding in regards to leveling.

Hylian7

One thing I did notice: If you guys have custom item builds, or an autoexec.cfg, or anything like that, make sure you copy them to the correct directories in the test client.

Exuro

Not sure if I like the visuals of Bane. I really liked the creepy old portrait he had. Also his face looks a little too similar to Void, being purple with a darker purple line running down the middle and the grinning teeth.

Maybe it's just me, but

images

is much more terrifying than the current look.

Not sure if I like the visuals of Bane. I really liked the creepy old portrait he had. Also his face looks a little too similar to Void, being purple with a darker purple line running down the middle and the grinning teeth.

Maybe it's just me, but

images

I get a bit of a Leshrac vibe out of him now that he's a centaurish thing. That old portrait was just creepy.

Dynamic3

Maybe it's just me, but

images

Agreed, the former w/ animal skull is creepy. Now we have a Halo cross-promotion.

Exuro

The more I look at him the more it looks like the child of faceless void and leshrac. And then add Alien somewhere in the mix.

On the nice side, bane has bot ai.

Insured

The single change I would most want in Dota 2 is the option to swap the minimap to the lower right side. Countless deaths to accidentally clicking the minimap and running the exact opposite direction than I wanted, or the camera going batshit and losing all control. ANGER.

Neki

The single change I would most want in Dota 2 is to swap the minimap to the lower right side. Countless deaths to accidentally clicking the minimap and running the exact opposite direction than I wanted, or the camera going batshit and losing all control. ANGER.

HoN had the option and I really appreciated it there, I need it switched ASAP

I'm guessing sylla is going to be pretty soon. I like his portrait, I get a badass old guy vibe from it. Lycan's looks really WIP, as well as shadow demon. Bane's model looks insanely awesome. It's hard to tell if his original model would be better since we can only see his portrait.

Downloading the test client right now but from what everyone is saying I'm doubting I'll be able to play on it.

I hope they start putting out heroes more quickly. At this rate, they won't even have all of them released before the year's end. U:

Guess it's not something you wanna rush, though, with this kind of game. C'est la vie.

JustinBB7

Store looks amazing, and lots of other new info/stuff in his post.

Social tab will be about clans/ladders/rankings then. Juggernaut/Nature's Prophet announcer packs, custom couries.. nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom