• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's usually the players that cause the issues, they seem to be reluctant to punish them for turning up late.

Guesong

coL.....not sure what to think.

From what I've seen from them so far, it seems to me that they're picking unconventional heroes quite a bit. Don't remember the previous game, but there was at least one pick akin to the Juggernaut pick here...

Are they picking him because of a definite strategy? Or just picking him to try and differentiate themselves as a team?

Hmm.

EDIT : Na'Vi has NO RESPECT for coL at all. Sange on CM? Stacking STR on her? SK had 2 Aghanim for a while? (or so the chat says)....meh.

Corum

One of the reasons I don't like using "S" is because it leaves you open to harass. I prefer cancelling my attacks with move commands, which makes it harder for them to hit me (especially with skill shots) and because I feel pro doing it.

Thanks for the tips Ksan & Haly, I've just had a largely improved game with Sven. Quelling blade helps and generally a better starting item build.

http://i.imgur.com/MNsgb.jpg

Finalow

Right, I didn't make that completely clear.

What you should take from that replay:

- The 00:00 treant trick, which is basically casting treants from fountain and sending them to creeps, restoring all your mana, and then following. If you do it right, you should be able to do one of the hard camps at level 1 with a total of 4 treants.
- Treant micro. You should keep them alive as long as possible. Whenever one is nearly dead, move them away so the creeps switch targets.
- Basilus + Clarities, and using courier to deliver more clarities as needed
- Once I have sprout and teleport, I try to keep an eye out for potential ganks. Some people only put one level into treants in order to maximize their ganking potential, I wanted to play a safer farm game.
- Rush midas. The sooner you can get it, the more benefits you'll reap
- Using "S" to cancel teleports and repositioning it.
- Using Force of Nature AWAY from your intended targets. What you want it to do is to build up damage as it leaps from creep to creep, using it directly is a pitiful excuse for a nuke.
- Using tree to keep people away from your allies, this was especially important since they had Axe.
- Split pushing. With a 20 second cooldown, you can afford to push a different lane with treants in order to maximize your team's chances of destroying a tower.
- Item build. Midas into Sheepstick is a safe build. I could've went Aghanim, I certainly had the gold for it. But Aghanim is mostly a farming tool and our team was struggling.

Things I didn't do that I shouldve done:
- Pulling top to help invoker.
- Rosh earlier.
- Do ancients once I have level 3/4 treants.
- Ancient pulling with treants.
thx but I think I'll pick Jakiro as ranged hero, I really suck with Prophet but still thanks for this.

btw anyone?
this dota_force_right_click_deny 1 doesn't work for me.
besides someone said that for ranged unit it's bugged.
I would love that btw if it works.
maybe I'm doing it wrong.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
coL.....not sure what to think.

From what I've seen from them so far, it seems to me that they're picking unconventional heroes quite a bit. Don't remember the previous game, but there was at least one pick akin to the Juggernaut pick here...

Are they picking him because of a definite strategy? Or just picking him to try and differentiate themselves as a team?

Hmm.

EDIT : Na'Vi has NO RESPECT for coL at all. Sange on CM? Stacking STR on her? SK had 2 Aghanim for a while? (or so the chat says)....meh.

No respect? Its to counteract juggernaut and cause they got so many early towers. Also unconventional so far has meant Dark Seer and Doom Bringer, which they beast with. I dunno why they went Juggernaut though.

Ikuu

They're playing EG in 50 minutes, so they probably don't want to show anything in these games or don't care all that much about the tournament.

Sanjay

CM with 2.2k HP, even has a Vanguard lol.

my-man.jpg

Finalow

it's me or sniper against good players suck?
I mean he can be killed without any problems and you as sniper can't do a shit until you have shadow blade (and the game can be over before that).
Dunno, when pudge is against me he always grabs me and of course I die. VS ulti kill me too and a lot of other shit. I can't even escape if I'm alone, juking? Hell no, not even close.

JustinBB7

Haha, looks like Navi will be done with this right now anyway.

Also what's the exact command to put console in the autoexec? My right click deny works and range indicator does as well but console doesn't open.

I tried

-console
console

dota_constole

Ikuu

Haha, looks like Navi will be done with this right now anyway.

Also what's the exact command to put console in the autoexec? My right click deny works and range indicator does as well but console doesn't open.

I tried

-console
console

dota_constole

con_enable 1

Any tips on how to use Bounty Hunter effectively? ...I seem to do alright early game but dude, mid-end it's game over. So soft, sometimes I don't realize I'm dead till I start clicking around and nothing happens. I've only used him a total of 3 times (2W -1L) so far, and I always mostly end up getting a lot of assist. I want to like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom