• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Not really. Wagamama works out much better as does Maelk. When Synderen is on they waste too much time on jokes that aren't funny to begin with.
Piffle, they have great chemistry and make broadcasts even more enjoyable with their shenanigans. If it's wall-to-wall clowning without analysis or predictions, then it's indeed a problem, but it's not even close to that situation.

Agreed on Slesh.

So I am in the beta now. Only problem is... I am terrible. Utterly awful. I always die in two or three strikes. Any good tutorial videos any of y'all would recommend?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Also, Gondar is awesome. Went 10-0-14 the other day. Had no clue what to build on him though, went cookie cutter Treads + Wand > Vlads > S&Y because I had the cash, but I'm 100% there's a better alternative.

Vlads as a first item is a pretty bad idea, there are a few exceptions.

Zareth

So I am in the beta now. Only problem is... I am terrible. Utterly awful. I always die in two or three strikes. Any good tutorial videos any of y'all would recommend?

Have you tried playing against bots yet? That would prolly be a safe way to at least learn some basics without having people rage at you.

I would also suggest checking out some pro streams so you can get a general feel for how heroes are played.

barnone

DFC3EC24D2AEEC41E119340D1C7C093DF6A21466

Anyone know how to fix these labels? Maybe the patch will.

NG28

Is anyone else unable to close the dota update tab when it is finished downloading? It has always done this to me and is kind of annoying.

JustinBB7

Patchnotes since Steam news is not updating:

GAMEPLAY
- Added Bane!
- Added Co-op matchmaking games versus bots.
- Fixed bug with kill credit when illusions get the kill.
- Charge of Darkness and Wrath of Nature no longer alert the target to attack the caster if the target is far away.
- Fixed Mekansm not healing you if it activated right after you come out of Astral Imprisonment.
- Fixed bug with Astral Imprisonment disappearing from invisible units.
- Fixed Essence Aura triggering on zero cooldown spells (like Ball Lightning).
- Fixed being able to trigger Essence Aura with Toss when there are no valid targets to Toss
- Enabled Outworld Destroyer in Captain's Mode.
- Restored previous Blink double click behavior.
- Fixed Courier Speed Burst canceling Transfer Items.

UI
- Fixed dragging an item from the courier to a hero's inventory not combining an item properly.
- Fixed some audio settings are not saving correctly (speech level, background sound, boostgain).
- Selling items no longer factors into gold-per-minute.
- Added an option to autoselect summoned units and illusions to the game settings.
- Fixed bug with camera jumping up and down when moving the mouse in the minimap while in spectator chase cam.
- Fixed bug with moving the camera and creating selection windows while in spectator chase cam.
- Fixed bug with some heroes having their Ultimate fire when ALT-TAB (or Windows key hit).
- Fixed some game interface settings not saving.
- Fixed bug where having legacy selected at load wasn't disabling the hero, courier, and neutral binds.
- Added specular, texture quality, and render quality to video settings as performance trade-offs
- Various improvements to unit selection/targeting feedback
- Increased maximum number of people in each chat channel.
- Accepting a game invite via Steam will join that person's party.
- Ignore/unignore options now shown for friends in the main menu.

VISUALS
- Added a number of aura effects.
- Fixed Tiny's tree not being properly equipped in his stone grip.
- Fixed an issue where hero movement would stutter on some network connections.

AUDIO
- Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Sand King.

BOTS
- Made bots want to pick up Cheese with the same rules that they use for picking up Aegis and Rapier.
- Improved bot last-hit logic.
- Bots will now deny using the same logic they use for last-hitting.
- Bots now last-hit and deny while farming a lane, just as they do during the laning phase.
- Fixed issues with loadouts of Bane, Kunkka, and Sniper.
- Fixed bugs with bots geting stuck trying to purchase an item, failing to purchase an item, or dumping items on the ground due to a full stash.
- Bots will stop farming just for buyback when they have 1.5x their current buyback cost.
- If a bot's stash is completely full, they are now more likely to pick their stuff up regardless of its value.

KScorp

Tournament version uses the 6.72 version of Dota. Latest uses 6.73. The heroes that are added have nothing to do with Tournament version.

Test Build patch notes:
GAMEPLAY
- Enabled Bane in Captain's Mode.
- Bane: Fixed the attack timing on when Nightmare gets transfered.
- Bane: Fixed Enfeeble working on Roshan
- Bane: Fixed being unable to attack allied Nightmared heroes to transfer the debuff.
- Batrider: Fixed being unable to easily pull units over cliffs with Flaming Lasso.
- Batrider: Fixed timing of Firefly damage ticks.
- Batrider: Fixed rounding error with Firefly damage ticks.
- Bloodseeker: Fixed Rupture hurting cycloned units.
- Chen: Fixed Holy Persuation interrupting allied channeling spells on cast (rather than upon tping).
- Death Prophet: Fixed Exorcism hitting an invisible hero if the hero was hit before.
- Death Prophet: Fixed Silence not affecting basic units.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Elder Form's Corrosive Breath and Frost Breath working with DK illusions.
- Faceless Void: Fixed Courier interaction with Chronosphere
- Jakiro: Macropyre now does the correct amount of damage with a Scepter.
- Jakiro: Fixed Macropyre not hurting siege units.
- Omniknight: Fixed Repel canceling Ursa's Overpower.
- Outworld Destroyer: Fixed Astral Imprisonment being able to cause you to lose mana regeneration.
- Pugna: Fixed Netherward mana degen not showing the proper numbers for players.
- Spirit Breaker: Fixed Netherstrike vs cycloned units.
- Tinker: Fixed Rearm refreshing level 2 and 3 of Necronomicon.
- Ursa: Fixed Fury Swipes incrementing when the attack missed.
- Vengeful Spirit: Fixed Wave of Terror hp loss not properly functioning on magic immune units.
- Warlock: Fixed Golem being considered a creep for some spells like Paralyzing Casks.
- Attributes can no longer fall below 1.
- Fixed some issues with negative mana regeneration.
- Fixed Basher stacking with Spiritbreaker/Slardar/Faceless Void's bashes.
- Fixed Armlet not draining life while you are magic immune.
- Fixed couriers not being able to use wards.
- Fixed temporary trees (like Sprout) not respecting the pause.

UI
- Changed Empowering Haste passive legacy key to G to avoid stomping H (halt).
- Captain's Mode now has 5 bans once again.
- Added countdown when unpausing the game.
- The spectator graph events now get correctly cleared when rewinding in a demo.
- The tooltip for Doom now correctly updates when Doombringer has a Scepter.
- Inventory keys are now hidden while spectating.
- The combat log now works while spectating and in replays.

VISUALS
- Dragon Knight plays a range-enabled effect when Dragon Tail is cast while in dragon form.
- Lifestealer now has his own variation on the lifesteal effect rather than using the generic one.
- Updated Lifestealer's Open Wounds and Infest effects for clarity.
- Updated Bloodseeker's Rupture effect (added blood trail so it's more obvious).

AUDIO
- Updated Rupture effect.
- Announcer now says "Single Draft" when starting single draft mode.
- First Blood lines now play mapwide.

-Added rival taunts and misc. lines to Razor, Zeus, Tiny and Tidehunter to fill out basic voice set.

BOTS
- Bot difficulty now defaults to Normal.
- Re-added ability for bots to team-roam-and-gank enemy heroes during the latter part of games.
- dota_bot_dump_state can now be run in non-cheat-enabled games.
- Fixed cases where Juggernaut would use Blade Fury and Razor would use Plasma Field when there weren't enough creeps nearby.
- Added Passive bot difficulty level, in which they won't do anything but lane.
- Loosened the time-to-arrive constraints for deciding to defending a lane (should improve base defense).

Note these are the TEST BUILD patch notes, so we won't be seeing these in normal play for a week.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
That patch is unbelievably terrible.

- Bane: Fixed the attack timing on when Nightmare gets transfered.
- Bane: Fixed Enfeeble working on Roshan
- Bane: Fixed being unable to attack allied Nightmared heroes to transfer the debuff.

lol, so they released the patch early on test and are fixing the bugs on test rather than stable.

No new hero is kind of disappointing. It seems like they were cranking them out way faster last year, but that's probably because it has been in development for a while before going into public beta.

Will be neat to play around with bane though, I think.

JustinBB7

- Captain's Mode now has 5 bans once again.
- Added countdown when unpausing the game.

Cool.

No new heroes :(?

Though I wonder if they might update throughout the week and THEN add some new heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom