• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

it's Gosu won cause PAINTITGOLD really got EG with the "i got so angry i punched a monitor"-comment

dat psychological warfare

Wait... You can set all your spells to autocast in LoL?

In LoL you could hold down control and cast some spells without having to click on someone, it would cast it where your cursor was.

It was useful for champs like ezreal who was skillshot based.

So if you casted mir arrow or pudge hook it would cast based on the placement for your cursor.

Guesong

Fair enough for Bulba & Fear/Demon, but there's other individuals in there by which I'm less convinced it was friendly banter.

Oh, whatever.

Quoting myself for this (see the same reddit topic as earlier) :

Maelk said:
Like BuLba already pointed out, the 'shit talk' was merely friendly bantering since there's a love/hate-relationship amongst some of the players within the two teams. I realize this might be hard for outsiders to understand and thus looks at it as actual flaming, but it's all in good fun and to wind eachother up.

And after you've finished the 783 hrs. correspondence course you are ready and certified to start playing against bots ^.^
Who said anything about prerequisites? You guys wanted beginner's guides. You can play and supplement with these to address any questions you have.

Balehead

Really glad to see them winning, hope they get the finals too. Don't know about twista though, he was very shaky in it's gosu MM a couple of days ago. NotAHax been much more stable in mTw's roster imo.

Oh, it sounded worse that it actually is.

Worse? It's actually a great feature. I don't know how necessary it would be in Dota, but in Lol when you need to cast spells in rapid succession you absolutely have to be using smart cast.

Edit: And jive, you don't have to hold ctrl with smartcast. What I wanted to do with pudge was have it so that i could hit q over where my cursor was to cast my hook, and then just click r over the champ after i pull him to get off my combo as fast as possible.

HenryHSH

Worse? It's actually a great feature. I don't know how necessary it would be in Dota, but in Lol when you need to cast spells in rapid succession you absolutely have to be using smart cast.

Edit: And jive, you don't have to hold ctrl with smartcast. What I wanted to do with pudge was have it so that i could hit q over where my cursor was to cast my hook, and then just click r over the champ after i pull him to get off my combo as fast as possible.

Maybe you misread. I said it sounded worse. I thought it cast spells FOR you. As in targeted the enemy for you, etc.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

So it saves you the trouble of clicking? Doesn't seem like a big deal at all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Considering the relatively low cooldowns of spells in LoL, as well as the abundance of skill shots, smartcasting actually helps a lot for some people.

I hate it though, not clicking to cast just feels wrong.

Deadly

Considering the relatively low cooldowns of spells in LoL, as well as the abundance of skill shots, smartcasting actually helps a lot for some people.

I hate it though, not clicking to cast just feels wrong.
I think it was on as default too at one point in LoL cause the first time I had tried it I was like "why are my spells casting without me clicking wtf is going on!?!?!"

I also just played the WORST game as Lycan but still won rofl. We must have had the worst lineup ever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it was on as default too at one point in LoL cause the first time I had tried it I was like "why are my spells casting without me clicking wtf is going on!?!?!"
For some skills it's built in, namely Karthus' Q and Cassiopeia's Q.

Milabrega

Play Tab, Join private game, put "neogaf" without the quotes into the password slot and hit find. It'll be the first option that comes up if there is a lobby up.

Uriah

70ADD06275B0D0CE401722AABA721CD2003869BA

Finally happened. Only took over 250 games.

Here comes the 10 game losing streak

Again, I don't know much about Dota, but smart cast is absolutely imperative in LOL at high level play.

There's no hero I can think of that spams skill shots. There were some in hon though like Moraxus (SHOULDN'T WE AXE FOR DIRECTIONS!?!). I think the new heroes in 6.73, the one on the dragonhawk spams a skill.

Enable self cast though, extremely useful. Allows you to doubletap skills to cast on your self.

Guesong

There's no hero I can think of that spams skill shots. There were some in hon though like Moraxus (SHOULDN'T WE AXE FOR DIRECTIONS!?!). I think the new heroes in 6.73, the one on the dragonhawk spams a skill.

Enable self cast though, extremely useful. Allows you to doubletap skills to cast on your self.

Dammit, why did you remember me how awesome Moraxus is. And Flux!

WTB DotA vs HoN crossover game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom