• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapura

Banned
why do i get teammates who throw. why does this happen. the worst part is I know nothing is going to be done about it. this is just gonna be shit I have to keep putting up with forever. fuck this game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
why do i get teammates who throw. why does this happen. the worst part is I know nothing is going to be done about it. this is just gonna be shit I have to keep putting up with forever. fuck this game.

Could always queue with some people from Mumble...oh wait.

Kapura

Banned
nobody on mumble wants to queue with me. Probably because I'm too good and I'll bring players into the ultra-high skill bracket and they don't have the proper anal lubrication to help. or they might all just think I'm a dick. Whatever. Even though I had an orange player who threw super hard, my skeleton king performance graph went up half a bar. Tiny victories. I don't need no gaf no how no way.

Phandy

nobody on mumble wants to queue with me. Probably because I'm too good and I'll bring players into the ultra-high skill bracket and they don't have the proper anal lubrication to help. or they might all just think I'm a dick. Whatever. Even though I had an orange player who threw super hard, my skeleton king performance graph went up half a bar. Tiny victories. I don't need no gaf no how no way.

Its funny you should say this, I was going to post about it, but its only anecdotal.
Basically it appears that performance is also based of how well you perform compared to your team mates.

My friend was playing a game as sand king. Doing ok, actually winning the game. 1 person DCs, the rest of the team ended up leaving because they are idiots.
He preceded to feed the rest of team to the other team for ages. They all died like 30+ times.
His final score was like 2/4 k/d or something.
After the game, his SK perf bar went basically all the way to max.

:/

Its funny you should say this, I was going to post about it, but its only anecdotal.
Basically it appears that performance is also based of how well you perform compared to your team mates.

My friend was playing a game as sand king. Doing ok, actually winning the game. 1 person DCs, the rest of the team ended up leaving because they are idiots.
He preceded to feed the rest of team to the other team for ages. They all died like 30+ times.
His final score was like 2/4 k/d or something.
After the game, his SK perf bar went basically all the way to max.

:/
Shyamalan twist, Kappy was the thrower

dorkimoe

me and spookie have created our own community.

"PoliteGaf Dota 2" people who want to play/learn. Sodium free.

Im making gdeceiver join too.

Swag

You never invite me

Hylian7

Okay, I'm practicing with Lone Druid.....wtf @ his items. I don't get it. Why is it considered smart to blow your gold on a Headdress right off the bat? I thought you were supposed to get healing items. Does the bear really make all that much of a change to that rule?

Conceptor

jfc LOL

Ht4KT.jpg

Guesong

Okay, I'm practicing with Lone Druid.....wtf @ his items. I don't get it. Why is it considered smart to blow your gold on a Headdress right off the bat? I thought you were supposed to get healing items. Does the bear really make all that much of a change to that rule?

Hint ; don't even get the Headdress.

Stout Shield & Quelling Blade on Bear, Healing Potion on Sylla.

Sanjay

me and spookie have created our own community.

"PoliteGaf Dota 2" people who want to play/learn. Sodium free.

Im making gdeceiver join too.

Oh is it like that, not part of this group, even though so many times people on mumble want to queue with me, probably because I'm super. I'm gonna have to be a dick and stop now. I don't need no Dorkimoe no way, Jose. Solo queue here I come.

We killed Sven took that rapier off him and we had another one that Kag got him self and we went for racks, lost game. Saddest game of my life. I DK man up, stun go in, dies. GG.

JustinBB7

Last few days I keep going up against people that have between 0 (yes actually 0) and 60 wins. A few have 100+ but not many, most are between the 15-40 range. Anybody else having this? I haven't lost allpick/single draft in days now. And they are all stomps and they ragequit because they have no idea how the game works yet.

It's only been the past few days we have this. I don't mind getting my win/loss ratio evened out but all the leavers is getting a bit annoying.

JustinBB7

There are more people playing, keep seeing new records on the stat page. But still, why do we get matched with new people when our entire party has at least 100+ wins.

JustinBB7

I keep editing some item builds, but they don't seem to stick unless I save them separately in a different list or something, which I don't wanna do, I just want to edit the list that's already there.

Hylian7

I've only used it for one hero, so that may be true, but it would be pretty dumb if that's how it works.

I just tried it, that's not how it works. I'm thinking of making a seperate build that actually works that way. Editing a recommended build works how you would expect.

Darkkn

Last few days i've had quitters on either team on almost every game i've been in. It's getting really annoying to basically waste 30mins on a pointless matches constantly. Hopefully Valve implements pretty severe penalty for quitting and give ability for team to forfeit if they want to.

dorkimoe

Oh is it like that, not part of this group, even though so many times people on mumble want to queue with me, probably because I'm super. I'm gonna have to be a dick and stop now. I don't need no Dorkimoe no way, Jose. Solo queue here I come.

Pretty sure it's a given that you're included. Steve can be included every other day. I queue with you everyday because you never rage. :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So how about that avatar?

I'll even make you one if you give me the name of the girl.

Insured

Ran into uniQfazer from Empire, big big rage was had every single time he died. Not much has changed from his HoN days it seems!

On another note, I really like support Shadow Demon. Or make that Shadow Demon in general. Soul catcher just blows people up, and there's no satisfaction like mana burning AM with himself :D

I want to break something right now...stupid losing streak going ..the worst thing is that I feel like I've hit a wall when it comes to my micro...my last hitting skills truly suck as I can't get an over 100 CS...

/argh look for something stupidly fragile to smash...

bzm

Ran into uniQfazer from Empire, big big rage was had every single time he died. Not much has changed from his HoN days it seems!

On another note, I really like support Shadow Demon. Or make that Shadow Demon in general. Soul catcher just blows people up, and there's no satisfaction like mana burning AM with himself :D

uniqfazer-still-mad-cuz-bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom