• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

I thought this was supposed to be Year of the Horse.

Did we travel back in time???

iNeNoN63awAdQ.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Übermatik;97694915 said:
Start Ranked Matchmaking search.
Get into game: "Hi everyone!" - no response.
"I'm best as mid or carry, but I can play whatever" - no response.
Hover over Legion Commander. Wait to see enemy picks like a good boy (yadayada all pick I know, but I wanted some freedom and didn't have a lot of time)
Keep on Legion for about 30 seconds. Chinese guy on my team picks Legion. Er okay, fine, I suggested her and had it selected, but whatever.
No communication, so pick Doom - I'mma solo this. Pick Doom, call jungle.
3 seconds afterwards, Legion calls jungle.
Sigh.
No, Legion, go in lane, please.
Next picks for my team - Pudge, Death prophet, Necrophos.
What.
Legion feeds.
Necrophos feeds.
Pudge: "noob team gg"
Uninstall DOTA 2.
I personally don't like All Pick in ranked at all. I rather do one of the captain modes, that way I can at least see what my team is at the start of the game. Heck, even in normal match making All Pick is the "I really want to play 'x', so I'm gonna instalock for a bit" mode for me. You are very likely going to get a crappy team, unless you are dead set on last picking a support that synergizes with the rest of the team.

Kard8p3

I personally don't like All Pick in ranked at all. I rather do one of the captain modes, that way I can at least see what my team is at the start of the game. Heck, even in normal match making All Pick is the "I really want to play 'x', so I'm gonna instalock for a bit" mode for me. You are very likely going to get a crappy team, unless you are dead set on last picking a support that synergizes with the rest of the team.

Pretty much this. I usually only do AP if I'm feeling like some Kaolin, or upping my duel count.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So what heroes do you guys never see in your MM these days? I honestly can't recall the last time I've been in a game that had a Magnus on either side.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So what heroes do you guys never see in your MM these days? I honestly can't recall the last time I've been in a game that had a Magnus on either side.

For Match Making, No one really ever picks Clinkz for what ever reason, I really am surprised. Haven't seen a Wisp in ages, though he was pretty rare to start with. There are no Titans, Omniknights, or Skywraths. I think I have seen the enemy pick Ember Spirit once in the last two months, after he initially came out no one really feels like grabbing him.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Its funny, most of those heroes you mention I've seen in at least one or two games recently, while Magnus has really dropped off the map in my games. Weird how these trends work not just over time but between different players as well

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bat has completely disappeared from pub play, and so did puck. Been ages since i faced a Brood aswell.

The last time I had a bat it was the worst. The guy picked bat, insisted on jungle, and was the worst jungling bat rider I have ever seen, he had like 1000 gold and some boots at 15 minutes and no one even contested him.

G.ZZZ

PL

EDIT: DAMN U ANBOKR

Gondar, huskar, Troll, Cent are a lot more rare than they were couple of months ago in MM. OD too, it used to be everywhere and now he's rarely picked. DP and WL were also the go-to mid for noobs but aren't used as much anymore.

Sibylus

Banned
BKB said:
Grants magic immunity. Duration and cooldown decrease with each use. Some Ultimate abilities are able to disable through Black King Bar.

Duration: 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1
Cooldown: 80/75/70/65/60/55/50/45/40/35

I wonder if this addition would completely break the balance. On the one hand it could create a Support BKB niche, for disjointing stuns and and clearing Necro minions with more safety, but on the other would there be too much of them bought?

Demoli

I wonder if this addition would completely break the balance. On the one hand it could create a Support BKB niche, for disjointing stuns and and clearing Necro minions with more safety, but on the other would there be too much of them bought?

That seems a tad too much, 4s already feels small, let alone a 1 or 2 sec duration.

They could give it a small physical damage amp when active, like 10% or so and see how it goes for a patch.

ViviOggi

Hey guys!
We finally finished our collection and the last item is "Bound of the East Flame" for DK. I'm very happy with the super positive reception from the community :)
Hope you like it!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218622578

I love every single ability from that pack. Here's hoping Valve end up selling them as a bundle and not playing tricks to maximize revenue, because people are gonna be crazy for these.

Razzer

I wish I had spare cash for these but I just can't justify getting them. If I could I'd already have most of Anuxi's stuff and much more.

Razzer

I kinda want Valve to do something where people vote for the best set of the ones that get in, with the winner being crowned champion of the festival of the Horse or some shit. Put it in as a client thing rather than the Workshop though.

I also cannot wait for more of these events, having a specific theme seems to bring out the creativity in people.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Her armor is so boring jeez. Why doesn't Valve let modelers modify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom