• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yo someone bite the bullet and make that sexy orange arcana

be my guinea pig >:]

Also, bright green looks really sick:

D4Yw4cL.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
yo someone bite the bullet and make that sexy orange arcana

be my guinea pig >:]

Also, bright green looks really sick:

Sure thing, just get me the gem and the arcana and I'll do it for you.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
DT orange looks pretty damn sick, but I'm betting just plain old orange might look even better (since DT is a little bit more yellow).

I was assuming the offering would get removed now that the Beast is gone, and that it would come only twice based on the description, glad it is differently.

Also the changes made are nice.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Played the Beast Mode, while it lasted.

Having spent all the gold ingots in the first 2 matches, I feel like an idiot.

Holy shit I feel so dumb not buying the color gems last night, champion's green jumped like $30 in value... I probably could have paid for my own arcana.

Favorite so far is Bright Green. Think I'll wait and see where prices go before I buy the Arcana. Didn't realize it would affect his projectiles and skills so much, the green is so much better than default.

edit: Imagine the uproar if colored gems were given out in the offerings.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Holy shit I feel so dumb not buying the color gems last night, champion's green jumped like $30 in value... I probably could have paid for my own arcana.

Favorite so far is Bright Green. Think I'll wait and see where prices go before I buy the Arcana. Didn't realize it would affect his projectiles and skills so much, the green is so much better than default.

Yeah I was driving home and desperately trying to buy a bunch of gems on my phone when steam gave me that bullshit "new device locked out of market for 7 days" message. So by the time I got back I only ended up with a few colors, as most of the obvious ones had skyrocketed (purple/black/champion's green). Still made a solid amount though, I'm probably $80-$100 steambucks richer just off buying and reselling these.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Valve just starts selling the prismatic gems for $1-$5 a pop in the actual dota store, they could make a killing, especially if they end up releasing more color changing arcanas (which you know they will... that SF one is pretty obvious).

Mohasus

So, I've been trying to sell my unusual tinkbot (rubiline sheen) for a while, and today it was sold. Is it related to this TB arcana gem thing? It wasn't even the cheapest tinkbot out there.

So, I've been trying to sell my unusual tinkbot (rubiline sheen) for a while, and today it was sold. Is it related to this TB arcana gem thing? It wasn't even the cheapest tinkbot out there.
Almost certainly.

Also my international courier got sold and I have to imagine it was solely for the gem.

Edit: just checked and the gem is worth way less than the courier so who knows.

DarkKyo

If you had told me 6 months ago we'd have a paintable item in Dota 2 and people would love it, I wouldn't have believed you.

I wouldn't say paintable items... It's really not like the TF2 system where you change the color of the item itself. We've been able to do the same thing with courier particles since fall. Just wish it were as easy to change courier unusual colors as it is to do this :/

They said they were going to do this in chests for the prismatics and ethereal gems. Coming soon. Valvetime

Do you have a link for where they said this, it would make any decision to buy the TB arcana easier. Right now I'm have a hard time justifying it in comparison to bf4 premium.

shira

When is Valve going to do Arcana for heroes I play like Bane? Spectre? Necro? Shadow Demon?

tumblr_mvjzfbMqWh1sj67gjo1_400.gif

Xenomorph bane. . . . wooooooo

Do you have a link for where they said this, it would make any decision to buy the TB arcana easier. Right now I'm have a hard time justifying it in comparison to bf4 premium.

"New colors will appear on Treasure Chest unusuals from time to time moving forward. While we will avoid selecting legacy colors we cannot completely guarantee that new colors will not sometimes be similar. The 800 or so unique legacy colors in existence cover a large amount of color space."
http://www.dota2.com/threespirits

I guess that was too vague back then oh well, maybe not

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
man clockwerk can really wreck some heroes when played effectively , i snowballed and basically got like 20 kills since no one could stop so much fun. To be fair the other team was kinda bad so yeah...

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Playing nothing but ability draft is the best way to get into low priority lol. So much reporting going on there.

manfestival

that feeling when I have 6 mounts. I had none before frostivus. Oh goodness, I really want to get rid of my skipper and bamboo. I am so conflicted on which one I want to use more now

If a hero buys back (or insta respawns with bloodstone) while the Arcana's death animation is still playing, they're perma-invis and unselectable. So be careful using your new shiny, multicolored Terrorblades.

Smilax

I'm tired of playing All Pick and RAD. What game modes should I try out next? Granted I have only played around 135 matches so I don't know if I'm ready for any other mode.

I just noticed you can no longer check how many uses there are left on an Artificer's Hammer before buying it on the Marketplace. Dumb move Valve.

Morning matches are the worst. I don't think there's very many people left playing nonranked, had a meepo first pick, followed by riki and bfury pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom