• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Demoli

What I'm expecting from 6.82:

Lycan Howl is no 900 AoE
Wolves get no natural armour
Wolves turn visible when next to enemy heroes.

Razor Link break range reduced
Refresher ulti no longer stacks ults
Ult range decreased

SWM slow search range reduced
Arcane Bolt and Slow are now disjointable

Bat's Napalm now scales in turn speed %

Enchantress' creeps now have reduced armour

Brewmaster Clap range redcreased
Bremaster Split no longer makes brew invincible during it's animation.

DP's spirits are now slower
DP's ult attack/search range decreased

Mek now costs 300 Mana

Tide Gush slow now scales
Anchor smash now scales in reduce %

Spirit bear now has 50/100/150/200 mana pool.

Thoughts?

I doubt they will nerf wolves even more, the howl change makes sense. Same with static link, but I can see refresher ult being nerfed. I doubt brewmaster will change much, might do something like upping the mana cost on thunder clap. DP ult range decreased I can agree with. No way will they double Mek mana cost, possibly bump it up to 200. I also see no reason to change tide or LD.

On top of that I would expect Serpent Wards damage changed to do less to towers, and possibly an increase in tower armor.

Zoon

I am expecting at least one hero getting a new skill, don't know why, maybe to see more heroes played in tournaments.Imagine lycan's howl and passive being one active skill with lower bonuses and him getting a new skill, making his playstyle a bit different.

Lycan Howl is no 900 AoE

Ult range decreased

Mek now costs 300 Mana

Thoughts?

Thank god you aren't Icefrog. ;)

Why would even remove refresher from Razor. It is a very expensive luxury items that makes him strong but nowhere near OP, MAYBE increase the lightning intervals. Static Link is really good atm, which is what will most likely get nerfed.

Mek 200-250, 300 is too much mana.

I like removing the invicibility frames from split.

Spirit Bear with mana? Do you want it to use items?? The only nerf from that is getting damage by mana break.

Exorcism spirits being slower is the most likely nerf, that and maybe not hitting anything will DP is invulnerable (Euls).

Lycan nerfs will just make him unplayable.

Void had like 33% winrate in the tournament. No broken. Now, Doom and Shadow Shaman are the prime examples of being too strong in most lineups.

Kioshen

I started playing Dota roughly a month ago, and since then I have added a bunch of fellow newcomers from giant bomb and neogaf. Friendly folks, everybody's learning, nobody gets shouted at. Feel free to add me on steam, my steam account is Print Screen (the one with the actual print screen button as an avatar).

Whenever you feel like a match, just message me when I'm in dota and I can usually get some nice (or at the very least, silent) people together, and I'd be happy to help with any dota questions. If not, just ask around in the in-game giant bomb or neogaf chat channels, there are often people looking for a match over there.

Piggy backing a little bit on your post but I started playing dota around the same time too. However due to being pretty busy right now I'm not playing as much as I'd like too. Feel free to add me. I'm also friendly and always up to play when I'm online if time permits.

Demoli

Thank god you aren't Icefrog. ;)

Why would even remove refresher from Razor. It is a very expensive luxury items that makes him strong but nowhere near OP, MAYBE increase the lightning intervals. Static Link is really good atm, which is what will most likely get nerfed.

Mek 200-250, 300 is too much mana.

I like removing the invicibility frames from split.

Spirit Bear with mana? Do you want it to use items?? The only nerf from that is getting damage by mana break.

Exorcism spirits being slower is the most likely nerf, that and maybe not hitting anything will DP is invulnerable (Euls).

Lycan nerfs will just make him unplayable.

Void had like 33% winrate in the tournament. No broken. Now, Doom and Shadow Shaman are the prime examples of being too strong in most lineups.

Refresher will probably beclassified as a fix like SS rosh wards were. It isn't what breaks the hero, but it makes his late game really strong.

Mek needs to have a prohibitive mana cost for razor, Viper and especially Doom. Spirit bear having a mana pool allows him to use mjolnir and abyssal without swapping around.

Lycan will be nuked from the face of the earth on the next patch, and slowly buffed again over the next ones.

Edit: I forgot about Doomm and SS. Doom will have either the regen or the MS removed from scorched earth. SS will no longer have damage on shackles and lower base damage/ms imo. Wards will be untouched.

Syn23

I think Void is fine as it is. In pro games, at least.
Maybe rescale backtrack as 5%/11%/18%/25% or something like that, if Icefrog doesn't want him to be an offlane hero.

Razor ulti should be modified for sure, maybe simply give it less damage and/or less duration?

Howl 900 AoE would be indeed a great way to nerf Lycan.

Brew is tricky. Maybe higher ulti cooldown and change his Aghs? Removing invincibility would make him more vulnerable, but won't change the enormous amount of control he can have.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Do you think we'll see any changes to Ember Spirit? I know his winrate wasn't dominant, but in the games I did see him do well in his early game damage was ridonculous

Do you think we'll see any changes to Ember Spirit? I know his winrate wasn't dominant, but in the games I did see him do well in his early game damage was ridonculous

Why would you nerf the part where the hero shines. Not every "carry" (I don't think of Ember has a carry but a physical burst hero) has to be utter shit until past mid game.

I doubt it. His flame guard isn't much different from Dark Seers Ion Shell which drops off in terms of effectiveness once you hit mid game. Without Flame Guard doing the damage it does he would never make it to the mid/late game, so it's a trade off.

Acinixys

I want to see some windranger love. Pathing through trees while windrun is active, or max movement speed for windrun.

Ive been playing a shitload of Windrunner to boost my win rate with her and here are my thoughs

Windrun should give max move speed and 20% magical resistance

Shackle Shot needs to give a 1 second root if it missed, not the current stupid 0.1 sec mini stun

Powershot is fine

Focus Fire needs to either be replaced as a skill or its cooldown should be reduced a shitload. With no damage items its a stupid useless gimmick spell that does nothing till you have 20K net worth

Why would you nerf the part where the hero shines. Not every "carry" (I don't think of Ember has a carry but a physical burst hero) has to be utter shit until past mid game.

In fact the opposite problem exists. Carries that cannot contribute early have all but vanished from the comp scene.

I honestly think the big changes should come from items - Smoke and Blink Dagger, specifically. Those two need to be nerfed somehow.

DarkKyo

Can you explain what exactly the problem was for those losses?

Like no support, no carries, carries that cant farm etc.

Also post your dotabuff.

http://dotabuff.com/players/40823836

Generally one of a few things happen each match...
1) There are one or two people on our team who are completely useless. They either don't communicate and actually work against you by disobeying common sense(choose stupid lane assignments, buy terrible items, or generally don't know how to play the characters they pick), or they feed the enemy throughout the match so it's impossible to overcome some of the enemy heroes by 10-15 minutes in.
2) The enemy team is much more well structured(in player skill and hero choice) and has much, much better teamwork than our team so they stomp us in every teamfight. I use the term teamfight loosely because 4/5 times it's the enemy team attacking together and quickly chunking down towers while my team is all over the map or not paying attention OR going in one by one.
3) I get stuck with people that are more obsessed with arguing than they are with the match. This happens about every match.
4) Someone on my team disconnects/abandons. Either due to lag or rage. This happens about 1/4 matches.
5) Yeah, like you said, there are sometimes no supports, etc...

I generally blame the MMR bracket I'm in because I used to have much better games around 3000(for obvious reasons).

You went from 3000 to 2000? Damn, dude that's 40 more losses than wins. Sounds brutal and if we're honest, the common denominator in all those 40 losses is you. I suppose you overcalibrated by quite a bit because you happened to play out of your mind in those 10 matches or something. A legit 3k players should roflstomp <2500 MMR with any core hero.

I'm not saying I'm 100% blameless, but there's no way I'm on the level of 2000 players skill-wise and there's no way that 90% of those losses have much to do with me. I communicate constantly, I rarely ever feed and if I do it's because other teammates have already snowballed/fed the enemy, I know the game and most hero strats pretty darn well, and I usually only pick characters I know I'll be decent to great at. I seriously doubt the common trait is me because every match it's always obvious and clear which 2-3 players on my team fucked everything up for us. That's why it feels like a complete luck crapshoot. You're either lucky enough to be put on the more competent team or you're shit out of luck for the next 40-60 minutes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Shadowfiend
-325 MS

Ursa and Lycan
-swapped ultimates

Axe
-str growth to 5.5

guys thoughts on my patch notes? Guys?

but legit the best way to nerf Lycan without completely butchering the hero is to remove global howl. Maybe make it global only when he is shapeshifted, fun little way of preserving the mechanic and perhaps encouraging Lycan to blow his ultimate for his team sometimes.

I'm not saying I'm 100% blameless, but there's no way I'm on the level of 2000 players skill-wise and there's no way that 90% of those losses have much to do with me. I communicate constantly, I rarely ever feed and if I do it's because other teammates have already snowballed/fed the enemy, I know the game and most hero strats pretty darn well, and I usually only pick characters I know I'll be decent to great at. I seriously doubt the common trait is me because every match it's always obvious and clear which 2-3 players on my team fucked everything up for us. That's why it feels like a complete luck crapshoot. You're either lucky enough to be put on the more competent team or you're shit out of luck for the next 40-60 minutes.

Might wanna provide your Dotabuff? You are reliably losing games which suggests you calibrated too high.

BeesEight

I don't know why they didn't utilize Draskyl as a caster this year. I don't really like a lot of the other GD Studio guys, but Draskyl stands out to me as being reasonably, intelligent and he has a lot of experience and understanding of the game. He's just a well-rounded caster. At least put him on the panel instead of Sheever or Bruno, who I still think are both terrible. Just seemed like a waste to invite him to the thing and then they had him on the panel like twice during the group stages

Well, I personally love Draskyl so I'm naturally going to agree with you. I can see why he felt the invite was a pretty raw deal and while I think he makes a far better replacement than Lumi, at the end of the day almost anyone could have filled that spot better. They did a little rotating of people on the analyst desk but I felt they could have done more since there are quite a few individuals who have good insight into the game.

Hopefully it's something they spend a little more time planning next year.

Lycan Howl is no 900 AoE

Ult range decreased

Mek now costs 300 Mana

Thoughts?

Are we seriously trying to nerf Razor and Death Prophet, guys?

Of all these suggestions, I think the only reasonably expected thing here is some nerf to Lycan (unfortunately). Probably a change in the amount of damage it does because I simply can't see them removing the global aspect and those suggestions for his wolves would just murder his viability again. I also don't know why these are or the nerf list when Doom was far more prevalent and had a far better winrate than most of these heroes.

Edit:

The winrates on some of these "problematic" heroes I think says more than enough.
Razor's TI winrate: 43.68%
Skywrath Mage: 49.40%
Batrider: 47.37%
Enchantress: 45.00%
Brewmaster: 48.21%
Tidehunter: 41.67%

The ones that actually have significant win rates:
Shadow Shaman: 56.63%
Weaver: 69.57%
Alchemist: 64.00%
Lycan: 70.00%
Shadow Demon: 58.62%
Doom: 60.32%
Morphling: 60.61%
Earthshaker: 59.62%

I'm not saying these heroes need nerfs (it's fantastic that Shadow Demon saw a resurgence after completely getting wiped from the competitive scene after the last few nerfs) but at the very least these heroes make more sense to base discussion around.

FACE

Banned
#sorrynotsorry

I thought it was going to be a funny TI blooper, got a LoL video instead.
rage.gif

xKebob

I checked out the first 10 minutes of this game and here are some of your mistakes:

- you level rocket before seeing enemy lanes.
- you level up cogs at level 4!! and against 2 melee heroes. you can see how good cogs is in this lane when they went on you and the cogs just rekt them. you can also disrupt their last hitting with cogs and force them out of lane.
- your skill build was ok by 5, but level 1 cogs is almost always a must - burn their mana + harass, super effective against melee heroes. oh and you can block your creeps with it as well
- you use lv1 rocket to harass, first of all it's not a lot of dmg but you dont even get last hits with it! you have to be efficient - use aoe nukes to harass + get cs.
- you use battery assault to harass which is good but you use it in range of creeps, and this costs a lot of mana.
- after you went back to base to regen you buy a tp and dont use it to get back in lane(maybe you thought you're gonna need to help other lanes but it was unlikely that they will dive with rub/ench).
- you fail to get a lot of free cs
- you don't aggro creeps to get the lane in a better position(tbh i wouldnt expect it from a 3k player as well but its nice to know this stuff)
- you don't move out of lane when you get 6 which is when you are the most powerful in the game.
- you try to gank a tanky slardar when ench is running with literally 0 items 10 minutes in the game.

Sorry if I was harsh, but it kinda looks like you do belong there.

but legit the best way to nerf Lycan without completely butchering the hero is to remove global howl. Maybe make it global only when he is shapeshifted, fun little way of preserving the mechanic and perhaps encouraging Lycan to blow his ultimate for his team sometimes.
Making it where you only have global howl with shapeshift would make the hero much more interesting. Right now shapeshift is used a lot for escaping or chasing, but if his howl is limited out of shapeshift then we will get more team use out of his Ult.
In fact the opposite problem exists. Carries that cannot contribute early have all but vanished from the comp scene.

I honestly think the big changes should come from items - Smoke and Blink Dagger, specifically. Those two need to be nerfed somehow.
Blink dagger does not need a direct nerf, but instead buff force staff so that they become items that compete with each other. I was a big force staff guy since it isn't a selfish item, but with the current meta blink dagger provides nearly everything that is needed. Blink is literally getting purchased on pretty much every hero with a stun or snare. You get Blink on Shaman then proceed to place wards on tower then blink out. Shaman is safe and the tower is down.

Quesa

If SWM's bolt was disjointable he'd be terrible. They'd have to buff the movespeed on that thing a ton for that to be the case.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I doubt it. His flame guard isn't much different from Dark Seers Ion Shell which drops off in terms of effectiveness once you hit mid game. Without Flame Guard doing the damage it does he would never make it to the mid/late game, so it's a trade off.

Its more that it seems like Bolas out of Sleight of Fist is ridiculously good long range initiation. I was just wondering if like, he should get a 0.5 second nerf to Bolas duration if they're thrown out while he's in SoF

Its nothing I'm too hung up on, its just a lot of fights were started and ended completely out of the blue because of the range on that disable

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hope this doesn't sound rude, DarkKyo, but you don't strike me as a 3k player, looking at your dotabuff. You can blame your team all you like but looking at your ranked history I see very few stand out performances, from either your losses or your wins. I don't play ranked often but I'm sitting at around 2.6 now and your profile doesn't look too dissimilar to those of the people in my tier, but even then double digit kill/single digit death games seem fairly uncommon for you. I'd say the fact that you're maintaining a nearly 50% winrate (being on the lower side of 50% is likely a factor of solo queuing more than stacking) means you're probably aligned where you need to be.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hate LoL's incongruous art style so much. Their character designs are all over the board. We have anime cat girls fighting Bioshock's Big Daddies.

Well they have to try and make their heroes marketable, so they're basically creating fanservice but they're servicing many different sectors of fans. If Dota heroes were for sale do you think anybody would pay actual currency to play heroes like Slardar that look like slimy, blue turds? Dota has the luxury of not having to pander to adolescent aesthetics.

I hate LoL's incongruous art style so much. Their character designs are all over the board. We have anime cat girls fighting Bioshock's Big Daddies.

They try to pander to every different audience. That is why they got lame Soccer costumes when the World Cup was going on.

RS4-

Oddly enough, I actually went to the league page and hovered over the download button this morning before I saw that video lol.

re: clock. Knowing when to be aggressive helps, and looking at enemy mana. If there's a void, qop, am alone. Don't blow your hook, assault, cogs combo only to have them escape. And don't always throw cogs out immediately after a hook. You can cast assault and get in an auto attack while positioning yourself with cogs; for example, to push them towards your team mates or block their escape.

Top Bottom