• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double-decker McBurgerKings

"Double-decker McBurgerKings, are they like, common here?"

Just overheard a couple of Yankee-doodles on the footpath have this conversation, about their favorite franchises having, well an upstairs, tinged with both Shock & Awe.

And this was merely separate buildings, not some Voltronesque shit.

I know America for all that it does have, Hummers, lax gun-control, child beauty pageants, after meal clapping; is missing some basic elements common over here, electric kettles, whatsapp, drinkable milk, a sane and stable President...

But is the idea of "more seating available upstairs" so crazy?

SexyFish

Banned
For fast food? Yes.

But keep in mind that we have so many fast food options in the US at every corner everywhere no single restaurant is going to meet occupancy capacity it seems. Unless it's a Time Square McDonalds and they have a two story (I believe).

jph139

I see them pretty regularly in the northeast (Boston and New York at least). Probably an urban/suburban thing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
America has a lot of land. We go big and we go wide. Tall only happens in densely urban areas.

wvan13

I've never seen one, but I live in Missouri, nowhere near St. Louis. Everything where I am spreads out, not up, like an above poster said.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The original Whataburger in Corpus Christi is two stories. Outside that I think I saw a two story McDonald's inside a train station in Boston maybe?

jstripes

Banned
There are two storey McDonalds and Burger King locations on Yonge Street in Toronto. Even a two storey Pizza Pizza on Queen Street.

I always sit upstairs.

The McDonalds is pretty nice:

mEQC0yw.jpg

You joke, but I do know people who will avoid business that have stairs, because their weight makes it hard for them.

That's sad and pathetic. If you are at that point in life then you need to be seriously be looking at your health and life choices.

UK has some multi-storied McDonald's, KFC and Burger Kings. It's just normal not super common or rare

In my hometown there was one McDonald's with an upstairs, and it always baffled me. I never went in so I was never sure if it was for people to eat, or some kind of storage/maintenance place. I should check next time I pass by.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
q3HCDpt.jpg

Don't be fooled. That second floor is for clapping, coffee machines, gun polishing and iMessaging.

Glix

In Manhattan there are a bunch that have additional seating upstairs.

there is also a BK waaay downtown where the downstairs is only for to go orders and if you are staying you have to order and sit upstairs.

PS - they serve beer at this BK which freaked me out.

TheGrue

We're all on Jazzy scooters, so we'd need elevators installed to get up to the second floor to eat our meal of 3 Big Macs.

yyr

The Palisades Mall in West Nyack, NY has a two-story McDonald's on its 4th floor.

That's right. Two floors in one floor. It's got like some sort of black hole or something.

We call it the "McMansion" and our city is Independence. God Bless this great country of ours.

(it's actually relatively nice inside. The upstairs seating has a pretty nice view of the Valley below and you can see most of the main thoroughfare up there too.)

"Double-decker McBurgerKings, are they like, common here?"

Just overheard a couple of Yankee-doodles on the footpath have this conversation, about their favorite franchises having, well an upstairs, tinged with both Shock & Awe.

And this was merely separate buildings, not some Voltronesque shit.

I know America for all that it does have, Hummers, lax gun-control, child beauty pageants, after meal clapping; is missing some basic elements common over here, electric kettles, whatsapp, drinkable milk, a sane and stable President...

But is the idea of "more seating available upstairs" so crazy?

The only double-decker fast food restaurant I've ever seen was the McDonalds in Time's Square.

q3HCDpt.jpg

Don't be fooled. That second floor is for clapping, coffee machines, gun polishing and iMessaging.

And tipping is mandatory. Yes, even though it's a McDonalds.

DonShula

We have one of these in Orlando

efd092d549f2cb4a367c525c70beb47d.jpg

It has pizza and an arcade upstairs.

77125950.jpg

Yeah that one is a trip. Do they still have that crazy animatronic Moon Man playing the piano?

I've also been to a pretty crappy two-story one in Chicago that had escalators and like $20 parking. It was a depressing place.

Edit: also, does that Orlando one still serve pizza and freaking burritos and pasta alfredo? That place was like a fever dream and I'm still not quite convinced I was in there.

Top Bottom