• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downsampling for AMD cards is now possible

VSR using CCC wouldn't work on my R9 270 anyway but, can I use the downsampling utility tool anymore? I tried it and I get that ADL_Display_ModeTimingOverride_Set<> failed!

Error but, my monitor is at 60 Hz so I am not sure why it doesn't work. I am trying to go to 2560 x 1440 but I am not sure if this even works anymore. Maybe my card just can't do it.

EDIT:
After using CRU, my monitor doesn't support it. Oh well.

Anyone figured out how to get VSR to work with 21:9 aspect ratios?

I have a 2560x1080 monitor and when I turn VSR on the only option I get is 2560x1440.

Sequiel

Banned
I've been trying several downsampling methods since 14.11, and while VSR is the easiest option now, I found it very limited.

In my 290x just 2560x1440 and 3200x1800 show up after enabling VSR, and even worse, both are locked at 60Hz only.

I tried Wagnard's VSR tool ( http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/enablevsr.htm ) but it wasn't any improvement, in fact the 3200x1800 res disappeared and just 1440p60 was available after applying the tool.

Tried CRU too but it doesn't seem to work at all, anything I put on CRU doesn't show up after restart.

Is there any way to force other resolutions or refresh rates in 15.x's ?

Top Bottom