• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

Tizoc

Roshi blew up the moon, and when Kami brought it back he removed his tail permanently, so it was basically a non-factor after the 21st Budokai until the Saiyan Saga started.

Oh I didn't know that, mainly as I only own the first half dozen volumes of each series ^^;

Kind of funny Toriyama threw in Goku's revelation that he killed his grandpa as a plot point during the vegeta fight. Most protagonists would angst about that but Goku was just "oh man, sorry gramps!" and kept on trucking.

Tizoc

Kind of funny Toriyama threw in Goku's revelation that he killed his grandpa as a plot point during the vegeta fight. Most protagonists would angst about that but Goku was just "oh man, sorry gramps!" and kept on trucking.

Good point; then again Toriyama has always been about the fast pace.

MikeMyers

Good job dude, but aren't the GT sets Green and not Yellow?

Also:
"A:
Individual volumes"

bugs the hell out of me. Since there was no gap left for the other answers.

Good job dude, but aren't the GT sets Green and not Yellow?

Also:
"A:
Individual volumes"

bugs the hell out of me. Since there was no gap left for the other answers.
You're right about the GT sets. I probably should've checked that instead of going off memory.

Overall, I'm glad my first OP turned out so well. It's a shame that it's kinda wasted because everyone forgot about this thread and would rather talk about the series in relation to Super. :(

MikeMyers

Well, Super is the current series, I'm sure this thread will get more hits once Super comes to an end.

Always a possibility some new DBZ OVA/Film/Series might come out too. Could be your calling to do another OT.

MikeMyers

Rewatched movie 2-5.

Enjoyed them all except Tree of Might which I thought was pretty dull. Goku's SSJ transformation in Movie 4 is still the coolest thing ever.

MikeMyers

Just rewatched Movie 6.

Since Vegeta destroyed the chip in the end, does that mean Vegeta technically killed Cooler?

I guess since Vegeta lost to Freeza badly, Toei let him kill bootleg Freeza.

Tizoc

I just read the latest Super chapters
The last member of Goku's team cracked me up with their oversized nipples.
...and did Goku show even MORE disappointment at Gohan?
Geez
Worst
Biological Dad
Ever

But based on Kagari's avatar I'm expecting him to replace Majin Buu

Finally getting caught up on this series. Only ever watched the Android/Cell Saga from the Toonami runs then just fell out of it.

The series largely transcends its medium due to the familial element, aspirants setting and achieving goals and its long-running history.

But this Buu Saga really sucks.

Top Bottom