• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Dokkaned the new Xeno Trunks at SA10. I think this guy might be the worst example yet of the dokkaned art being much worse than the undokkaned art. Kind of a bummer. Not sure if I should farm him to SA15.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Does the Xeno Trunks Super Strike come back in the weekly rotation? Been getting Hercule Medals instead of farming Trunks.

Does the Xeno Trunks Super Strike come back in the weekly rotation? Been getting Hercule Medals instead of farming Trunks.

I'm not sure, but Trunks is here until the 24th, and GT event is until march 5th, so I got Trunks out of the way first.

edit: also I enjoy the similarity of our avatars

e2: also I started watching Super the other day, starting from the Champ arc, because I've seen the 2 movies. Does it get better? So far the animation quality has been wildly inconsistent (even within the same episode) and there has been a ton of padding, even in the 5 or 6 episodes I've watched. I've started skipping ahead in some of them already.

Meneses

I'm not sure, but Trunks is here until the 24th, and GT event is until march 5th, so I got Trunks out of the way first.

e2: also I started watching Super the other day, starting from the Champ arc, because I've seen the 2 movies. Does it get better? So far the animation quality has been wildly inconsistent (even within the same episode) and there has been a ton of padding, even in the 5 or 6 episodes I've watched. I've started skipping ahead in some of them already.

Champa stuff is alright but it gets good in the Trunks arc, I forget what episode. 40 something?

Animation quality unfortunately will remain wildly inconsistent throughout.

Champa stuff is alright but it gets good in the Trunks arc, I forget what episode. 40 something?

Animation quality unfortunately will remain wildly inconsistent throughout.

Yeah, it's only until the most recent arc that they finally have proper production scheduling. Blame Toei and all that jazz.

ffvorax

Tried a bunch of pulls on the Dokkan event but terrible luck... only a SSR Trunks Agil, is it any good? -> Cultivated Ability Super Saiyan Trunks (GT)

I actually never, NEVER find a PHY... I have only 5 PHY UR and a LOT of UR AGL... XD

Maybe I will do some other pulls then wait for the next event.

Tried a bunch of pulls on the Dokkan event but terrible luck... only a SSR Trunks Agil, is it any good? -> Cultivated Ability Super Saiyan Trunks (GT)

I actually never, NEVER find a PHY... I have only 5 PHY UR and a LOT of UR AGL... XD

Maybe I will do some other pulls then wait for the next event.

He'll be good for when AGL SSJ4 Vegeta comes into play due to Prepared for Battle and GT links. He's pretty good overall, but doesn't really take advantage of the current GLB AGL meta.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Yeah, but I figured that while pumping up PHY Xeno Trunks would be nice, he'll still be kinda worthless to me now that the WT has changed. I'd rather put my stamina towards beefing up Majin Vegeta's SA.

Haha it's like our posts are speech bubbles.

I started watching Super near the end of the Champa Arc, around the last match. That hooked me and the follow up Arc was legit great to watch and the filler that follows has been my favorite. I'm normally not into watching anything with subtitles but I found myself really getting into it. In contrast, I tried watching the Champa episodes prior and just couldn't get into it. Watching the beginning of Super in English has also been a bore. I think I managed to start watching at the exact point where it gets good.

MiTYH

I can't keep track of news with all these games... We've got a WT coming soonin global, right? Anyone know the times?

Lagamorph

Is it worth bothering raising the GT event Goten and Vegeta to SA10? I've got the medals to Dokkan them but want to know if it's worth raising their SA before I do.
Was wondering if they'd work on a GT team with my AGL SSJ3 GT Goku, regular GT AGL Goku and Omega Shenron.

Is it worth bothering raising the GT event Goten and Vegeta to SA10? I've got the medals to Dokkan them but want to know if it's worth raising their SA before I do.
Was wondering if they'd work on a GT team with my AGL SSJ3 GT Goku, regular GT AGL Goku and Omega Shenron.

Vegeta yes, his eventual TUR is sick. Goten, as I said above, is of limited use outside of PHY mono, so decide accordingly. An all-GT team makes no real sense outside of STR units, as Omega is the STR leader.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Definitely worth farming GT Vegeta to SA10 if you want to farm up LR Frieza down the road. His current Baby fusion dokkan is worth using for that strike, and it has a stronger dokkan in japan.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you are farming Baby Vegeta for LR Freeza make two of them. When Baby Vegeta dokkans the name changes so you can use both on your team.

Upped Mighty Mask and Trunks to SA 15 with 50% chance each today, eff yeah. I figure, luck is on my side today, I'ma do a single! Omega, here I come!

7 pods, rainbow text, SSJ2...

SR Roshi

hell yes!!!

also I did some napkin math on how many runs you'd have to do of stage 10 of the GT event on Z-hard to get 25k medals (enough for both Elder Kais and 2 Baby medals), and it comes out to about 62 runs, or roughly 1000 stamina. So. Now you know. (this is based on a comment on the wiki that says you get about 25.3 Hercule medals per point of stamina spent on the event)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got my 10th baby event Vegeta today and I know I really should farm 10 more (as well as work on another set of medals) for his inevitable dokkan but I kind of don't want to.

Anoregon

I think so, but not by a lot?

I got 999 senzu beans so started to sell a couple. 5 points is so cheap for such a good item. They really need to fix the values for everything you trade to baba for points.

BTW Ein Shenron is 1k points in Baba Shop. Easy way to build up points once you've gotten him SA 10 and are done with GT.

Buuhan led teams just decimate both brothers for me so its nothing more than a 3 min round vs them lol. Dat god lead power. You can skip to them using the nimbus too.

RedSnake

I don't know why but I downloaded this game. Just Pulled SR Goku. is he good or should I reroll? Or should I summon 3 more heroes and then reroll?

Kind lost But I'd like to have a good start.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
C5O35DZUoAAnESR.jpg

Finally going to farm for a LR.

I don't know why but I downloaded this game. Just Pulled SR Goku. is he good or should I reroll? Or should I summon 3 more heroes and then reroll?

Kind lost But I'd like to have a good start.

SR Goku is one of the better starter SRs due to his high stats but you'll be wanting to pull Omega Shenron for now and Gogeta if you can manage it.

Edit: HOLY CRAP that LR Gohan is amazing. Those stats too and the leader skill!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
He needs 77 Cell Medals to get to TUR which is fine enough. But he needs 77 medals from that boring ass new mode lol

Yup LR Gohan is breaking the game.

Guess global guys need to save those 2 year stones for him lol.

Nah I'd rather go for a Monkey Man.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't like his initial art, but Gohan's art improves drastically all the way up to LR. That's a great looking card.

MisterMac

Am I right in thinking the JP dokkan events are rotating between weekdays and weekend? Wish I had noticed on Saturday that Vegito was up, probably could have finished him.

Hopefully I can get that and Rose done next weekend, then see how tough SS4 Vegeta is. Gonna spend this week getting my team cost up to fit everyone.

What team are you using? I found SSJ4 Vegeta surprisingly doable with my AGL Team. Just need an SA10 TUR SSJ4 Vegeta friend to make it really winnable. Granted I did get insanely lucky on my reroll and pulled SSJ4 Vegeta and Super Vegito, having 3 blockers really helps mitigate the damage.

My team

SSJ4 Vegeta
TUR Super Vegito
SSJ3 Goku
SSJ Rose Goku Black
Super Vegeta
SSJ Goku(With a +2 Ki Passive)

And the best SSJ4 Vegeta friend I can find.

The green phase is tricky but if you get to the end and dokkan attack with an SA10 TUR SSJ4 Vegeta you will probably crack a million damage

Ashodin

taking a break from Dokkan. Got burnt out with the last huge crazy dokkanfest and Omega is kinda meh. Just hoarding stones now.

linkent

LR Gohan lead with Buuhan/Janemba/LR Piccolo/Turles/Bardocks

Int dream team.
SSG Goku/Ult Gohan for more damage!

Hope i can pull Janemba!

LR Gohan lead with Buuhan/Janemba/LR Piccolo/Turles/Bardocks

Int dream team.
SSG Goku/Ult Gohan for more damage!

Hope i can pull Janemba!

So basically I'd just need LR Gohan and Buhaan...and Janemba...but I have the Piccolo that becomes LR, and Turles, and SSJ Bardock :D! Also got SSG Goku which I pulled while trying to get Omega Shenron :p.

MisterMac

Best Dragon Ball Song should be playing whenever this card is on deck.

Also, fuck Faulconer, he can't touch this.

Ah man that whole scene is so amazing in Japan. No voice over, just the music and the raw emotion. WHOAAA-WHOOOOOOAAAA

For the "Is Super any good" stuff, I find it's really awesome at the character/humor fanservice. The Trunks arc approaches high stakes kick-assness but imo drops the ball on the ending. The manga is dope tho

Meneses

Considering the game's limitations, LR Gohan's super is fine, and it's nice that it's the exact attack from the show, Vegeta included. That fake walk towards the camera will always be hilarious though.

At least the visual stuff is there.

Meneses

Ah man that whole scene is so amazing in Japan. No voice over, just the music and the raw emotion. WHOAAA-WHOOOOOOAAAA

For the "Is Super any good" stuff, I find it's really awesome at the character/humor fanservice. The Trunks arc approaches high stakes kick-assness but imo drops the ball on the ending. The manga is dope tho

I loved the ending. Except - without going into much spoilery detail - the post-fight "screensaver" stuff.

DB Super really is quite funny between arcs, for the most part.

edit: sorry about the double post.

What is Gohan's leader skill? INT Mono? And his passive? And yeah the card wobble looks hilariously bad

BTW Ein Shenron is 1k points in Baba Shop. Easy way to build up points once you've gotten him SA 10 and are done with GT.

are you kidding me, it took me over 20 runs just to get ONE DROP.

linkent

What is Gohan's leader skill? INT Mono? And his passive? And yeah the card wobble looks hilariously bad

LR Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Youth)
Leader Skill: +3 ki boost and HP, ATK, & DEF 90% UP to all INT types
Passive Skill: ATK 18% UP per orb collected and +1 ki for every orb you collect
Super Attack: Father-Son Kamehameha (gives super colossal damage); 18 ki super (ATK increase for 1 turn, ???) 20 ki super (SA ATK increase)
Links:
Super Saiyan (ATK 10% UP)
Kamehameha (ATK +2500 UP when SA is launched)
Gaze of Respect (+2 ki boost)
Shocking Speed (+2 ki boost)
Ready for War (+2 ki boost)
Super Fierce Battle (ATK 15% UP)
Power of Legend (ATK +5000 UP when SA is launched)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/5vfpb2/full_lr_ssj2_gohan_art/de1pq03/

Top Bottom