• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

So far I just used the strongest chars in a rainbow team.

There's your biggest mistake. Mono teams are stronger atm because rainbow teams only give 50% boost per leader, mono 120%, and it makes a huge difference.

For SSJ4 Gogeta, use a mono INT team.

Gogeta leader
Rage Trunks
Godku
Ultimate Gohan
SSJ Goku (orb changer)
blank, you can kind of insert whoever else. Janemba to block maybe
friend Gogeta or LR Gohan

assuming your Gogeta is SA10 it shouldn't be an issue at all.

For Omega, mono Super STR

SSJ4 Goku leader
SSJ3 GT Goku
SSJ Trunks GT
SSJ2 Gohan
SSJ Gotenks
SSJ Goku GT for another GT link because why not
friend SSJ4 Goku

keep one SSJ4 with the SSJ3 and the other with Trunks and this will be a cakewalk, GT link decimates Omega, especially since he's PHY to boot in his last phase.

Got all of today's SS characters to SA15 with minimal hassle taking the 50% odds, started from scratch with mecha frieza. The others were all SA10 already. Really loving this event, feels good to just scratch these off the to-do list forever.

Agreed. It's kind of nice that there's no new content right now. I've been meaning to farm up the Event drops for ages but all my stamina has always gone to others.
Got AGL Cell to SA9 yesterday before my stamina ran out XD
Up to SA3 on STR Buu today.

I'm going to be so damn ready for LR events.

Question:
Is the best way to farm SS Gokus for the LR Goku still this guy from the Epic Showdown?

Piku_Ringo

Banned
After a bit of grinding some wasted medals ill need to replenish, and the loss of 8 or so million zeni. Finally got the King Papa at SA 15

Agreed. It's kind of nice that there's no new content right now. I've been meaning to farm up the Event drops for ages but all my stamina has always gone to others.
Got AGL Cell to SA9 yesterday before my stamina ran out XD
Up to SA3 on STR Buu today.

I'm going to be so damn ready for LR events.

Question:
Is the best way to farm SS Gokus for the LR Goku still this guy from the Epic Showdown?

Yes especially because in global, he can be a UR making it a 100% chance to up the SA of Goku.

Never forget Luffy's gift to us.

Wx00rBN.jpg

I don't, whenever I get "character box full" errors.

So it's not just me, whos ready to get rid of those bye guys goku.

Looking at my current LR goku team, STR team is ready , while my INT is pretty half baked. Did all the Super Strike to SA 15 but, I only have Eis, SSJ pissed Trunks, Great Ape Nappa, and INT angle goku who I forgot to farm up. Welp I hope this is enough to beat LR without too much trouble.

Question:
Yeah basically. Unless the drop rate for the card on stage 4 is really good, but in the latest guide i saw, which assumed stage 4 was coming out, they still said to use that one to raise the SA. https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/6sj8ph/lr_goku_campaign_tips/

I was a dumb noob when that OP event was on and I only farmed a couple of Gokus and fused 10 of them together thinking I could use that one to get any other SSJ Goku to SA10. Kicking myself for that one.

BTW I saw Dabura at 50% off for 15000 points in the Baba shop today. Didn't know those cards could be on sale like that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got all of today's SS characters to SA15 with minimal hassle taking the 50% odds, started from scratch with mecha frieza. The others were all SA10 already. Really loving this event, feels good to just scratch these off the to-do list forever.

Yeah I changed my mind again on this I think. Given the 100% card drop rates, you can farm up an extra 10 cards for less stamina than 5 plus 7 medals. And sure a pair of SA5 at 50% isn't guaranteed to succeed, but the chances are good.

There's your biggest mistake. Mono teams are stronger atm because rainbow teams only give 50% boost per leader, mono 120%, and it makes a huge difference.

For SSJ4 Gogeta, use a mono INT team.

Gogeta leader
Rage Trunks
Godku
Ultimate Gohan
SSJ Goku (orb changer)
blank, you can kind of insert whoever else. Janemba to block maybe
friend Gogeta or LR Gohan

assuming your Gogeta is SA10 it shouldn't be an issue at all.

For Omega, mono Super STR

SSJ4 Goku leader
SSJ3 GT Goku
SSJ Trunks GT
SSJ2 Gohan
SSJ Gotenks
SSJ Goku GT for another GT link because why not
friend SSJ4 Goku

keep one SSJ4 with the SSJ3 and the other with Trunks and this will be a cakewalk, GT link decimates Omega, especially since he's PHY to boot in his last phase.

Holy Shit.

I just obliterated Gogeta SSJ4.

Thanks!

Personally I am glad we are rid of mono teams and can now have proper rainbow teams again.

Yeah I got sick of the mono meta on JP. Really boring. Now if I could pull a better lead that Masked Saiyan would be ideal though.

Btw what happened to all the stones on JPN? My dreams of getting Gogeta with 2 more multi and a freebie have been dashed :(

Personally I am glad we are rid of mono teams and can now have proper rainbow teams again.

Kind of, but so far really only if you have a very specific handful of units, otherwise you're probably better off running mono teams. I hope not all future teams are as restrictive as these two. The Gogeta team especially is just like... Gogetas and Gotenkses or bust. Even worse if you never summoned on the Fusions banner. It's clear that leaving out potaras was to not make it instantly the best team of the new meta hands-down, but the side effect of that is that it's super restrictive.

I'm tentatively excited for the new categories systems but I think stuff like the Shadow Dragons Arc is a lot more interesting than Fusions But Not Potaras, because it's just all too similar to VB teams and doesn't have much variety, but both teams are still built around staple units. The inclusion of a 50% type boost lets you shore up around those weaknesses some but I wish it was just a bit higher, like 70%.

Yeah I got sick of the mono meta on JP. Really boring. Now if I could pull a better lead that Masked Saiyan would be ideal though.

Btw what happened to all the stones on JPN? My dreams of getting Gogeta with 2 more multi and a freebie have been dashed :(
The 200m stones were shared between JP and Global. That ended a couple days ago.

Never forget Luffy's gift to us.

Wx00rBN.jpg

I don't, whenever I get "character box full" errors.

I had like 30 of those guys, 9 went to the base form of LR Goku and then the rest got shared to other Goku units.

Speaking of LR Goku, what will be the new meta when all farmable characters opens up?

I had like 30 of those guys, 9 went to the base form of LR Goku and then the rest got shared to other Goku units.

Speaking of LR Goku, what will be the new meta when all farmable characters opens up?

You build a team around LR Frieza or LR Goku with whatever units you got. Skinnytenks and Grandpa Gohan leads for the stats are the other important part. Not sure what teams people use specifically though

The 200m stones were shared between JP and Global. That ended a couple days ago.

Ah damn. Reckon I should just go in on singles? I'm 68 from the last two multi for the freebie and realistically I don't see myself hitting that in the 6 or so days left on the banner. One more multi sure but that gains me nothing.

I get 2 more pulls on gogeta after log in and itll be a total of 12 pulls on gogeta, 4 on omega, and some ticket pulls and so far all ive gotten is goku black and str gogeta. My lucks been awful this time. Guess thats what i get for having LR gohan as a f2p

You build a team around LR Frieza or LR Goku with whatever units you got. Skinnytenks and Grandpa Gohan leads for the stats are the other important part. Not sure what teams people use specifically though

Ah okay, good thing I didn't do the Grandpa Gohan when it was around last time, now I have near guaranteed drops with no team cost and less STA cost.
Tao is done, and I'm pretty sure trunks has the medals and the card just not leveled and awakened and such. And I guess since he's PHY King Cold & Frieza still work

So far it's
Grandpa
Future Trunks
Tao
Mecha Frieza
King Cold
???
Friend: LR Frieza

last unit unknown :p

MicH

Got my Buuhan from SA1 to 8 so far today. I've had really nice luck with that. Hopefully I can get to SA10 today.

Ah okay, good thing I didn't do the Grandpa Gohan when it was around last time, now I have near guaranteed drops with no team cost and less STA cost.
Tao is done, and I'm pretty sure trunks has the medals and the card just not leveled and awakened and such. And I guess since he's PHY King Cold & Frieza still work

So far it's
Grandpa
Future Trunks
Tao
Mecha Frieza
King Cold
???

Don't forget STR Buuhan who's available in Buuhan's dokkan event.

So far it's
Grandpa
Future Trunks
Tao
Mecha Frieza
King Cold
???

well you don't want those PHY units because it's a mono STR team but you can use farmable STR units like Buuhan, Rage Trunks, Kid Goku (penguin village), Drilldo, etc.

well you don't want those PHY units because it's a mono STR team but you can use farmable STR units like Buuhan, Rage Trunks, Kid Goku (penguin village), Drilldo, etc.

Don't forget STR Buuhan who's available in Buuhan's dokkan event.

o right, brain fart. Forgot ALL farmable units can be used. derp.

So yeah Drilldo and Kid Goku would replace those two. And Rage Trunks could be that last unit since he's DAed and SA 10.

Ah damn. Reckon I should just go in on singles? I'm 68 from the last two multi for the freebie and realistically I don't see myself hitting that in the 6 or so days left on the banner. One more multi sure but that gains me nothing.
If you intend to roll all your stones, it's worth just to do the one multi to get tickets for the other banner. The banner deal lasts just two more days so there's no harm in waiting either.

Arrrammis

I want to beat boss rush 2 super 3, as well as the gogeta event
https://dbz.space/box/Khansolo97

Here's my str team
usnET

You should be able to do both fairly easily with a super STR team ( The imgur link is broken, so I'm not sure what team you're running there). It's the same team I run for the harder events:
SSj4 Goku lead
SSj3 Goku (GT)
Super Gogeta
SSj Trunks (GT)
SSj3 Vegeta
STR Pikkon
friend SSj4 Goku

Awaken Trunks and Pikkon if you can, and you'll be golden!

Khansolo1

You should be able to do both fairly easily with a super STR team ( The imgur link is broken, so I'm not sure what team you're running there). It's the same team I run for the harder events:
SSj4 Goku lead
SSj3 Goku (GT)
Super Gogeta
SSj Trunks (GT)
SSj3 Vegeta
STR Pikkon
friend SSj4 Goku

Awaken Trunks and Pikkon if you can, and you'll be golden!
I'm not sure which characters Pair well with each other.
I know SSj4 goku pairs with SSj3 goku, but I don't know about the rest of the characters.
I know SSj3 vegeta is a good tank, and that's about it.

Arrrammis

I'm not sure which characters Pair well with each other.
I know SSj4 goku pairs with SSj3 goku, but I don't know about the rest of the characters.
I know SSj3 vegeta is a good tank, and that's about it.

Personally I have Super Gogeta and SSj3 Vegeta together on the other turn since they link up really well for ki and vegeta can tank more hits/stun more often. Another option would be to have the other SSj4 goku with SSj Trunks (GT) or Super Gogeta since they link pretty well for ki and damage.

If you intend to roll all your stones, it's worth just to do the one multi to get tickets for the other banner. The banner deal lasts just two more days so there's no harm in waiting either.

Could be wrong but I'm fairly certain the tickets banner disappeared a while ago on JP. I saw you guys still talking about it and went looking but couldn't find it.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Also, the characters sold in the Baba shop (PHY Nappa, TEQ Krillin, STR Buff Roshi etc.) are getting TURs, and become Ki +3 and HP/ATK/DEF +70%.

Basically, F2P players are getting some god-tier leaders.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, the characters sold in the Baba shop (PHY Nappa, TEQ Krillin, STR Buff Roshi etc.) are getting TURs, and become Ki +3 and HP/ATK/DEF +70%.

Great. This means God leads won't be required any more.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Cool just in time as the game starts to shift toward specific rainbow teams.

SnakeEyes

Banned
They're also going to require a new Ghost Usher medal to awaken (looks to be 7 per character) so I can only assume that, like the LR Hercule medals, you'll need to buy them from the Baba Shop...

OR

There may be a new stage, based on the Dragon Ball - Fortuneteller Baba Saga, where you fight her minions (Dracula, Invisible Man, the Mummy, Grandpa Gohan) in waves.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope krillin becomes a 150% category lead. I can't think of a category that makes sense and isn't full of total garbage units though. Humans? Z fighters?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They're also going to require a new Ghost Usher medal to awaken (looks to be 7 per character) so I can only assume that, like the LR Hercule medals, you'll need to buy them from the Baba Shop...

OR

There may be a new stage, based on the Dragon Ball - Fortuneteller Baba Saga, where you fight her minions (Dracula, Invisible Man, the Mummy, Grandpa Gohan) in waves.

The characters themselves don't really relate to baba so it's probably something you buy from the baba shop.

Voror

I'm still getting used to the game so I'm not sure I've got everything down. I did get enough free medals to Awaken a few people but I'm not sure who to prioritize.

SSR Monumental Dreams Goku
SSR All Out Charge Goku
SSR A Critical Mission SS Trunks (Xeno)

Also managed to pull SSR TEQ SS Future Gohan, SSR STR Super Gogeta, SSR STR SS2 Future Trunks and SSR PHY Goku Black.

A number of SRs but I'm not sure how to judge how good they are.

Durden77

I'm still getting used to the game so I'm not sure I've got everything down. I did get enough free medals to Awaken a few people but I'm not sure who to prioritize.

SSR Monumental Dreams Goku
SSR All Out Charge Goku
SSR A Critical Mission SS Trunks (Xeno)

Also managed to pull SSR TEQ SS Future Gohan, SSR STR Super Gogeta, SSR STR SS2 Future Trunks and SSR PHY Goku Black.

A number of SRs but I'm not sure how to judge how good they are.

STR Gogeta is probably your best unit out of those, and the one you should prioritize. PHY Goku Black is your second best, but they won't really work on a team together. (Unless Gogeta has your best leader skill, in which case you can make a team with them both for now.)

All Out Charge is a really solid support unit, especially once he dokkans. The rest you can kind of put on the back burner until you see what other units you pull, but if you have a solid amount of resources my as well awaken them.

SRs are generally only really good for Baba points, but they can be helpful at the start before you have too many SSRs. Generally though, any SSR is going to take the place of an SR, so once you start getting more SSRs youu'll have little to no use for them. So don't worry about it, just keep the ones you like if you want. Some can be fed into SSRs for a chance at a super attack raise though, so keep an eye out for those before selling them to Baba.

Kettch

Finished the 3 INT strike characters from scratch, but I wasn't quite able to get PHY Mecha Frieza up to 15. Hopefully he'll come back again.

Glad I still have to farm hercule medals, it's a good place to use up excess stamina before ranking up.

I forget there was maintenance and saved like 100 STA so I could do events once the event rotation change occurs D:

They are doing way too much maintenance lately, it's quiet annoying

edit: ooo the game icon got updated

Shouta

That TUR Roshi will be good for me until I get a SS4 Goku whenever that is...

Is it coming to GL soon?

Edit: Krillin will be nice for TEQ since I don't have a good leader there period, lol.

Top Bottom