• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Had 59 stones and was debating whether to try one more time on ragegeta or go for broly.
Decided on the GSSR because even with a goten the summon wouldn't be completely wasted.
Got rage vegeta x2 ;D. This card is super busted lol.

Shouta

I loaded up my JP account since I randomly saw they were celebrating their 3rd anniversary. Got like 145 stones from the free giveaways and did a 50 pull on the Angel Goku/Vegeta LR banner and got them on the last one, lol. Tried for the Regular Goku/Vegeta and got nothing.

Kind of a cool mechanic for this new LR.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Went 200 stones deep on kefla, got her on 2nd multi.
2x kale (now rainbow)
bergamo
fit buu
Nuova
valentine's pan.

I was kinda hoping on more cauli dupes, so I could rainbow her, will prolly do one more multi before the banner goes away, hopefully I can grab another kefla or cauli.

Shouta

I've fallen off on the game again. Probably will pick it up again when it gets closer to the anniversary for GL. It's hard to muster the energy to play the JP version and do all of that grinding again, lol.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Dokkans finally for kale/cauli/kefla; kefla's SA looks insanely sick.
Though I'm kinda miffed about cauli's, she's supposed to be ss2, heck she powers up from ss to ss2 right at the start and is still ss2 when she does her little combo flurry.
But then when she fires her beam the sprite is back to ss....wtf?? The card art clearly shows her being ss2 yet the sprite doesn't match it at all....

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Managed to clutch past lvl20 of goku's EZA.
It's kinda ridiculous how paywalled this is; without angel golden freeza lead you have no chance of ever beating this, yes it can be cheesed with devilman but that's literally banking on amazing luck.
I think they realised how overtuned this is since broly and gohan EZA's aren't nearly as hard.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Global got UI only 2 months after jpn, so I think his dokkan will show up relatively quick as well, possibly with the 250M downloads celebration.
I hope they won't wait all the way till 3rd anniversary.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Goku (Ultra Instinct -Omen-)
LS: [Realm of Gods] category Ki+3, HP/ATK/DEF+150% or INT type Ki+3, HP/ATK/DEF+50%
SA: Raises ATK, Immense damage
Passive: ATK/DEF+100%; Awakens when HP is 50% or less
Links:
Kamehameha
Prepared for Battle
Godly Dimension
Over in a Flash
Tournament of Power
The First Awakened
Fierce Battle

Goku (Ultra Instinct)
LS: Same
SA: Same
Passive: ATK+150% and Ki+3 at the start of turn; Great chance to evade enemies attack; Disables enemies guard
Links: Same

Piku_Ringo

Banned
TUR STR SSG Goku
https://jpn.dbz.space/cards/1013601
LS: All types Ki+2, HP/ATK/DEF+40%
SA: Supreme damage, ATK/DEF+30% for 3 turns
Passive: ATK/DEF+80% when launching SA
Links:
Godly Power
Shocking Speed
Super Saiyan
Over in a Flash
Warrior Gods
The First Awakened
Fierce Battle

TUR AGL SSG Goku
https://jpn.dbz.space/cards/1013591
LS: All types Ki+2, HP/ATK/DEF+40%
SA: Raises ATK, Supreme damage
Passive: ATK/DEF+80% when launching SA
Links:
Super Saiyan
Kamehameha
Shocking Speed
Warrior Gods
Godly Power
Over in a Flash
Fierce Battle

TUR STR SSB Goku
https://jpn.dbz.space/cards/1012331
LS: All types Ki+3, ATK/DEF+50%
SA: Supreme damage
Passive: ATK/DEF+90% when facing 1 enemy; additional ATK+50% when facing 2 or more enemies
Links:
Super Saiyan
Saiyan Warrior Race
Warrior Gods
Kamehameha
Prepared for Battle
Saiyan Lineage
Fierce Battle

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Seems the punchline was delivered a day later.
The event is alright, but the card is pretty decent actually, just too bad the dokkyun card is just a trophy and not usable.

More importantly, all of this puts me back over 50 stones so I can do at least a multi on bardock or tapion; whichever banner is more enticing.

Shouta

How close is the game to the Vegeto/Gogeta event? I had gotten those in JP so I wanted to try for them in GL as my account in that version is a lot more robust and able to use them, lol.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got enough stones from the sale to do a full round on both summons.
Even though I was chasing rosé, I'm happy with the results:

Teq VB
Phy omega dupe
2x Str ult gohan
Super 17
phy ss2 gohan dupe
Ape shugesh
(not lr) Int ss gohan dupe
Majuub

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Reward stones coming in clutch.
Got str Rosé and 2 more phy omega dupes from multi+tickets.

I know everyone is all hype for teq VB, but hotdamn str rosé is incredible.
Teq VB brings the damage, but the amount of utility str rosé supplies is just insane; any extreme team you put him on seems to just become immortal.
Just made boss rush 3 my bitch with extreme str.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I just can't with str rosé...this unit is beyond busted, I thought teq vb was the dumb broken shit, be he has nothing on str rosé.
First I ran a extreme team with:
str Rosé
str cell
LR androids
FZ
phy omega
int kid buu.
This was already pretty ridiculous.
But then I switched out str cell for phy kid buu, and int kid buu for buuhan (will try a version with int janemba instead).
The boost phy kid buu gives and the way it stacks with rosé is legit broken; LR androids go up to 85k defence, phy omega hits 60k...
Str rosé with 55k defence tanks ss4 goku's super for 30k damage....it's so, so, so, so dumb as hell.

I LOVE IT.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Looks like gssr on every multi is finally a thing now, on jpn a least.
Gonna be pretty wack if global takes 6 months to implement this change, seeing as how it's a server side change.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Looks like MUI goku and female saiyan dokkans will hit global next week, including str Jiren.
Only took 8 weeks this time, still a very long time, but at least they didn't wait till 3rd anniversary.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
global's banners have really been on fire since str janemba.
I really really want to save for tapion, but I dunno if i can pass up on gssr on the Jiren banner.
Jiren is just such a great unit, that it's kinda crazy not to do a few summons on it.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got jiren on my first multi lol
2nd multi, jiren dupe, agl ssg goku, teq #18
3rd multi, family goku
free multi, toppo.

Only spent a few bucks so I could get the 3rd and free multi, so I'm happy

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
some tips, this are teams I tried for the new dokkan event:
Universe survival saga.
I used Jiren, toppo, agl cauli, phy kale, kefla, mui goku, jiren.
This team did ok, but I think from all the teams I tried it performed the worst.

super str.
LR VB, u gohan, rage vegeta, pikkon, jiren, bee pan, ss4 goku
This team did surprisingly well and I don't even have ss4 goku myself.

Potara
Kefla, agl SV, LR VB, FZ, str rosé, black, kefla.
This team is insanely strong and is just shy of 400k hp, however fused zamasu is a huge liability, taking 80k damage per normal hit in the last phase, so I'm going to swap him out for someone else, even though he hits ridiculously hard.

Realm of gods
MUI goku, jiren, ssbkk, str rosé, LR VB, black, MUI goku.
Very, very strong team; this and potara are by far the tankiest teams, meaning I can sometimes do the entire event itemless.
However as soon as I dokkan str ssb goku, I'm going to have him replace ssbkk and have agl ssg goku replace black.

Shadow dragons
Phy omega, phy syn, ss4 vegeta, ss4 gogeta, phy ss2 gohan, phy pan, phy omega.
Now this team feels like it was made for this event, the way omega just dismantles this goku scrub is like art.
I had one rotation with so many additionals and crits, omega and vegeta just deleted 8.5 healthbars by themselves.
Also watching gogeta kick back the spirit bomb is the best.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
maybe 3rd anniversary.

Seems GSSR is now officially a thing on global as well, which is great cause I did a multi on tapion and my GSSR card was LR TRUNKS~.
First summonable LR for me.
Then I figured I'm gonna need kais for this guy, to get to sa20, so I spent ~60 to do a couple more multis.
Didn't get tapion :[, but I did get a bunch of other good - decent ssrs, including str ssg goku, who is godlike for linking with MUI goku.

Double rates and gssr actually makes this a very decent banner.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That's not true, jiren's banner was excellent because of the free multi and gssr and the units that were on it.
The wrath of the dragon banner is literally the best banner for getting an LR ever.
Japan's banner wasn't as good because it wasn't GSSR.
It's GSSR, double rates and you get 2 kais per summon; it's very decent, in fact it's just straight up good.

If you are talking about bardock, well that's not really judgeable yet, but it has bardock, who's great and phy omega, who's the destroyer of worlds.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
25 stones compensation , 55 stones; time for a multi.
GBFFNs2.jpg

Lmao thx bandai.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I had beaten it before, but I just casually ran through extreme teq SBR.
MUI goku + ss3 bardock is an absolutely busted combo; I had this rainbow MUI friend generate 3.3m attack after bardock's passive went off.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Well agl rosé was released ~1.5 years ago, so that's fine.
I wouldn't exactly say irrelevancy though, his +3 ki passive is godlike for WT; unless you have str rosé, there's no reason to stop using agl rosé for WT.

Top Bottom