• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle released in the west for IOS and Android

After spending some time in soft-launch in Japan, it looks like Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle has made its way to the rest of the world on Android and iOS.

It sees you forming teams from your favourite Dragon Ball characters to take out a whole bunch of old enemies, thanks to a time-travel based mishap.

It's half board game, half puzzle-fighter. You'll move through the overworld using a set number of moves per turn to travel to different squares on your path.

Eventually you'll have to fight some bad guys, which sees you tapping Ki Spheres to create a path towards the enemy to charge your character's attack.

It looks like silly, over-the-top nonsense set in the Dragon Ball universe, and it's got gorgeous graphics that are faithful to the source material to boot.

You can nab it for free, with in-app purchases of course, from Google Play and the App Store.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Dragon+Ball+Z:+Dokkan+Battle/news.asp?c=66520

vato_loco

Doesn't even let me install it on my phone.

Ah well, keep going strong with Marvel Puzzle Quest and Dragon Blaze.

*silently curses Play Store for not allowing install*

2udca32.png

goku are you ok

Yaari

I'm interested but the gameplay has to be fun for it to remain interesting. Apparently Youtube has some vids so I'll check it out.

the board game aspect is rather good, you get three number cards and when you use one it will be replaced with another number roll, so if you keep using your low numbers to land on good tiles you will end up with a hand of all high numbers at some point which you have to use to move.

the combat is pretty much a simple matching game, you select a colour orb and if any orbs are in that row of the same colour you string them together and make your attack stronger, getting enough orbs will let your char use their super.

it's got better production quality then a lot of free to play games out there but who knows how fun it will be in a week, games like dragon blaze were great fun until about 2 weeks in when the grind suddenly became real.

Gotta be honest, I don't even know what Dragon ball z is, downloaded anyways, and this has to be the best animated ftp app I've seen in a while. Oozing with character. I'll give it a try for a while just based on the presentation so far

akileese

Been playing the Japanese version for a few weeks now when I saw an ad watching DB Super. It's incredibly fun. Going to see if I can somehow transfer my Japanese data but I doubt it.

Yaari

Been playing the Japanese version for a few weeks now when I saw an ad watching DB Super. It's incredibly fun. Going to see if I can somehow transfer my Japanese data but I doubt it.

Yeah that probably not possible.

I'm gonna reroll but apparently there's only a few SSR's in the game? Just Goku and Vegeta?

linkent

any1 know of a tier list for this?
who should i try to roll for?

edit: cant play on jailbroken phone..
cant fake non-jb with Flex2.. -_-

Yaari

Getting a black screen "This app may not run properly on devices that have enabled Administrator Rights, or otherwise been altered from their default settings".

I'm on iPhone. I don't know what to do with that error.

MiTYH

Personally I love One Piece Treasure Cruise, I think they do everything right (basically re-create scenes from anime/manga, tons of characters, lots of chances to be fully free and still be top tier).

I don't see any guides or info for this game anywhere, but I've downloaded this and apparently just pulled a Frieza? Of course my team for the first part of this tutorial has Yamcha... The board game setup is interesting. All the red spots seem to give me damage... and there's a lot. SMall bit of luck/strategy involved

Battling looks... alright. I guess it's something to just get used to. Not loving the color damage circle though. Fire beats yellow, and purple beats green? I guess to make the circle complete. Plot seems simple enough, time travel distortion. Just a way to use all characters from all parts of the universe. Hoping for some original Dragonball villians in here.

EDIT: Similar to OPTC, there are events. First one is to defeat Raditz to get a chance to earn Kid Gohan. Tried Normal right off the bat, died in the boss battle

MiTYH

Yeah that probably not possible.

I'm gonna reroll but apparently there's only a few SSR's in the game? Just Goku and Vegeta?

Sorry, what's SSR? Is that a high rarity level? I assume the "N" looks bronze, "R" is silver, and "SR" looks gold, with SSR is super gold

If so, I've got two devices and can confirm these characters:
- Super Sayian Vegeta - TEQ - SSR
- Frieza (first form) - STR - SR
- Android 18 - AGL - SR
- Burter - AGL - R

And the three everyone gets:
- Yamcha - TEQ - N
- Chiaotzu- INT- N
- Tien - STR - N

Sorry, what's SSR? Is that a high rarity level? I assume the "N" looks bronze, "R" is silver, and "SR" looks gold, with SSR is super gold

If so, I've got two devices and can confirm these characters:
- Super Sayian Vegeta - TEQ - SSR
- Frieza (first form) - STR - SR
- Android 18 - AGL - SR
- Burter - AGL - R

And the three everyone gets:
- Yamcha - TEQ - N
- Chiaotzu- INT- N
- Tien - STR - N

It's using a normal, rare, super rare, super super rare format for labeling characters.

I think it's a little unfair that some people can roll a SSR character from the get go, makes me want to go delete my save and keep trying for goku or vegeta.

MiTYH

It's using a normal, rare, super rare, super super rare format for labeling characters.

I think it's a little unfair that some people can roll a SSR character from the get go, makes me want to go delete my save and keep trying for goku or vegeta.

Gotcha, thanks.

I mean, it's the same with OPTC. You could roll an amazing character (especially during their Sugofest -- aka certain high unit available one day only) during your first go. People have known to do numerous soft-resets to get great ones. At least here this seems faster than OPTC to soft-reset. I'm sure the global market will be filled with them soon (I know I kept the SSR vegeta and SR andoird 18 account)

EDIT: More characters from the friends screen I've found:

- SR - Nappa - PHY
- SR - Mercenary Tao - AGL
- SR - Goku - AGL
- SR- Krillin - TEQ
- R - Android 17 - PHY
- SR - Captain Ginyu - INT
- R - Android 16 - PHY
- SR- Android 16- STR

akileese

Personally I love One Piece Treasure Cruise, I think they do everything right (basically re-create scenes from anime/manga, tons of characters, lots of chances to be fully free and still be top tier).

I don't see any guides or info for this game anywhere, but I've downloaded this and apparently just pulled a Frieza? Of course my team for the first part of this tutorial has Yamcha... The board game setup is interesting. All the red spots seem to give me damage... and there's a lot. SMall bit of luck/strategy involved

Battling looks... alright. I guess it's something to just get used to. Not loving the color damage circle though. Fire beats yellow, and purple beats green? I guess to make the circle complete. Plot seems simple enough, time travel distortion. Just a way to use all characters from all parts of the universe. Hoping for some original Dragonball villians in here.

EDIT: Similar to OPTC, there are events. First one is to defeat Raditz to get a chance to earn Kid Gohan. Tried Normal right off the bat, died in the boss battle

From what I gathered from the Japanese version, as long as you pull an SR primary character, you're good to go. I pulled Goku on my Japanese one and also got Frieza on this one. I'm going to keep him since once he's leveled up his stats are solid.

You evolve characters by obtaining items which is a bit different than most other gmaes I've played like this..

Dandte

now the quetion is...rerolling now for a ssr char or waiting till first event and a possible super unit like in op tc or ft bs?

Piers

Lot of 'gatcha' games bug me where there's clearly some favourable starting rolls and anything else advises restarting the save again.

Dandte

So far all sr

Cyborg old prof guy 25% more attack for int
C 18 +1 ki when health above 50
Kid Gohan when health under 30% 25% morem atk ( wb ist that you)

Top Bottom