• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes has sold 1 million worldwide (Japan/Asia)

Abdiel

It's up to you to sell the game Abdiel! The fate of future Dragon Quest localisations rests on your shoulders! Now go! Fly!

Most of the people in the gaming section are mainline. They play the big titles and their eyes glaze over whenwhen I talk about Japanese games. But my list of ordered games for this year is fucking awesome.

SAO hf and ls, galak z, battlefront, dq heroes, metal gear solid v, tales of zestiria, and hopefully persona 5. Then on my vita trails of cold steel and trails in the sky sc. I'm probably forgetting some too, lol

ZhugeEX

Banned
Yeah I don't see it. Ignore me then, I might have been thinking of something else D: They just talk about it being released around Asia, Korea etc then the incoming release in English. Will edit my post unless I find it.

You're thinking of Yakuza maybe? 200k in Asia?

Although if we look at Japan sell through for DQH we can say 850k is sold in Japan so maybe 100k+ in Asia.

Most of the people in the gaming section are mainline. They play the big titles and their eyes glaze over whenwhen I talk about Japanese games. But my list of ordered games for this year is fucking awesome.

SAO hf and ls, galak z, battlefront, dq heroes, metal gear solid v, tales of zestiria, and hopefully persona 5. Then on my vita trails of cold steel and trails in the sky sc. I'm probably forgetting some too, lol

ONLY YOU CAN SAVE DRAGON QUEST ABDIEL! DON'T LET US DOWN!

Nice list haha

Although if we look at Japan sell through for DQH we can say 850k is sold in Japan so maybe 100k+ in Asia.

Yeah I think I might be haha I saw something, with a split where Asia was 200k, and Japan was around 800k. It was probably that. Apologies.

Though I agree, Asia is probably around the 100-150k given Japan's recorded sales.

That a really nice list. If only I have the money and time to play that many games T_T

I really hope DQH gets more recognition as its release date gets closer. A good advertising campaign might help.

ZhugeEX

Banned
A good advertising campaign might help.

What they need to do is change the title in the West to "Call of Dragon Quest: Modern Heroes". Make it FPS rather than third person, tone down the colours a bit and instead of traditional weapons with magic they just have guns.

Now that'll sell!

Does anybody know why I can't stream my game on uStream in the Japanese version of DQ Heroes right now?

I completed the game a while back. Haven't turned it on in ages, but I decided to have another go on it today because of the DQ XI hype.

The music in the air ship is playing as if it's the final section of the game again, but the save file tells me I completed it. Nothing is showing up on the map that makes me thing there is still story stuff to do.

Every time I try to stream, my broadcast is blocked (as if story focussed content is being shown.) Anybody else seeing this? What do I need to do to be able to stream again?

Rofl. Hey guys.

In terms of preorders, I think it's kinda flying under the radar right now. We've got some, not a lot, but I've seen a ton of people surprised to find out it even exists. I hope se markets it well. I know I have it preordered. I have a handy list of all the games I have ordered to reference. Helps for recommending. More curious Japanese game fans finding out as time passes.

If i may ask, how does it compare to ffxv kh3 P5 or ToZ ?

Or maybe you can just rank them all in terms of preorder volume (if i'm asking too much. curse me out
but still rank them
)

Abdiel

If i may ask, how does it compare to ffxv kh3 P5 or ToZ ?

Or maybe you can just rank them all in terms of preorder volume (if i'm asking too much. curse me out
but still rank them
)

Well. Ffxv is leading, kh3 second, and tales is after that, but it's a big gap between those two and toz. Dqh is next. We're not taking preorders for persona 5 yet, thanks atlus.

klee123

Good result, but S-E should have revealed the sequel during the DQ conference 2 days ago instead of during April fools for more potential sales.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if S-E releases a double pack which contains DQH 1 and 2 when the 2nd game comes out.

I haven't preordered DQH yet, but it's definitely a day 1 for me.

Abdiel

ONLY YOU CAN SAVE DRAGON QUEST ABDIEL! DON'T LET US DOWN!

Nice list haha

This cracked me up, honestly. I'M DOING MY BEST. FOR DRAGON QUEST.

(Seriously though, as soon as they put up the PS4 version of XI for preorder here in the US, it's on my friggin' list. And that's all just for this year. Next year is going to be insane)

That a really nice list. If only I have the money and time to play that many games T_T

I really hope DQH gets more recognition as its release date gets closer. A good advertising campaign might help.

I'm a single guy with no school loans or anything. No major debt beyond my car loan, no outstanding credit card debt, etc. So I can spend on my games without any impact. Not to mention using the gamer's club unlocked discount on those games means that I generally get 1 game free for every 5 games I buy. Plus the reward points pays out in spades too.

I wonder if that gives Koei-Tecmo the idea that they should do more *Franchise* X Warriors crossover titles.
Zelda and Dragon Quest both seem to do really well in their Warriors incarnations.
I myself am not uninterested in DQH but not as interested as I was in Hyrule Warriors.

watershed

Banned
Not surprising. Finally a beautiful HD Dragon Quest game in a popular and approachable genre. I wonder what other genres SE is interested in exploring with the DQ IP and how far from its rpg roots they might stray.

Alo0oy

Banned
Not surprising. Finally a beautiful HD Dragon Quest game in a popular and approachable genre. I wonder what other genres SE is interested in exploring with the DQ IP and how far from its rpg roots they might stray.

Dudebro FPS Dragon Quest.

Top Bottom