• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Rivals announced for smartphones (card battle game)

Square Enix has announced Dragon Quest Rivals, a card battle game for iOS and Android due out in Japan in 2017.

Here's a brief overview of the game, via its official website:

An original card battle game where you can enjoy turn-based battles with cards of characters and monsters that appear in the Dragon Quest series. Defeat rivals from all over the country using your very own deck comprised of various cards. This is a new Dragon Quest told by card battles.

A closed beta test will be held from June 9 to 19. Registration, which is available here, will be open until June 4 at 23:59 JST. Square Enix will accept 2,000 iOS users and 8,000 Android users to participate.

DQ%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%90%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BA_ph01.jpg

DQ%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%90%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BA_cards01.jpg

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GmpxktwMg

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/05/dragon-q...ame-announced-smartphones#RLm38UZsEVOHDP9X.99

I'm getting Dragon Quest Wars vibes from this despite not having played it. iirc, Intelligent Systems developed that game too, wonder who's behind this. h.a.n.d?

I'm getting Dragon Quest Wars vibes from this despite not having played it. iirc, Intelligent Systems developed that game too, wonder who's behind this. h.a.n.d?

Think you should look up games called Hearthstone and Shadowverse cause that's where this one is getting its thing from.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks quite good...sad that there wont be an English release.

Kouriozan

Looks good, but then I remember Monster Super Light being soft launched in SEA (english) and then we still never got it T-T

Takao

Banned
Looks like something Sony should've gotten for Project Field, but I guess SE figures this has far more potential outside of a peripheral.

We recently got Builders and both Heroes games....

I don't think they've localized any of the mobile spinoffs (of the Stars, Super Light, etc.), though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wonder if mobile devs ever feel just a little shameful when ripping off another game this blatantly.
Looks pretty different from hearthstone and shadowverse to me.

The game is card position based, that already makes it radically different

I get a fire emblem card game vibe from it in that regard

udivision

can't wait to never play this

Looks like something Sony should've gotten for Project Field, but I guess SE figures this has far more potential outside of a peripheral.

I don't think they've localized any of the mobile spinoffs (of the Stars, Super Light, etc.), though.

Super Light got an Asia English version, I think.

There was that one SE guy who said they were hoping to bring out more spin-offs to the west to keep the brand fresh in the public eye, I'll be optimistic for now.

Top Bottom