• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 First Look and Trailer Released | PlayStation Showcase

ABnormal

Btw, I wonder how many PS5s Capcom has to tape together to reach power of PS4 from ten years ago:messenger_beaming:

Deep Down was playable at some Capcom shows, at 60 frames/1080p on ps4, and it looked DOPE (Dragon included). Obviously it couldn't have pre-determined animations on gameplay, but the level of detail was astounding. It makes even more absurd to not see it topped now (but it was another engine, panta rei, which maybe had some limitations that they weren't able to overcome).

Bridges

Day 1 for me.

All I really want for this is co-op which I imagine isn't coming, but I'm just pumped this exists either way

Raven117

I've played literally thousands of hours of DD. I recognized it immediately. Like 80 - 90% of the assets / animation / enemies / armor etc in that trailer are pulled straight from DD1. That's why my first thought was that it might be a remake of some sort... especially when they hung so long on the title before revealing it was actually part 2.

Especially considering how quickly they showed this.... let's be honest, it's very early, and they have gameplay? It was only just announced.

My brain was like.... maybe this is a remaster type thing to hold us over until the sequel is finished. Because, how can this be ... oh... it IS part 2. Okay.

And just to be clear, this is by far my most anticipated game. I'm really surprised and happy they showed it. But clearly this fast turn around is because they're leaning pretty heavy on stuff they built for the original. Fine by me.
Well fair enough!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Closer look I notice the bow users don't have secondary daggers / weapons. Isn't that something from DDO? I never played DDO unfortunately... but the only dagger user in this trailer, doesn't have a bow.

Interesting.

DavidGzz

Now that D4 is so close, this will be my new please hurry the fuck up and release game. We still have grab on and slash gameplay. That shit is so epic. The meteor spell also looks and sounds amazing. Whew!

Evolved1

I've been going back and forth on building a very expensive pc.... want to wait just a while longer but the thought of finally playing DD in 60 fps has been pushing me to pull the trigger. I actually want to play it in VR but there doesn't seem to be any mods for it.

Wish they'd release a patch to at least unlock the framerate on PS5. Take the pressure off to jump to PC.

Dragon's Dogma in VR (third person) is basically my dream game though. If only Capcom would VR this one instead of ever RE game. Lol

Pejo

Text blurb from Capcom:

9n0lpdok2w1b1.jpg

*edit*

Coincidentally, this being RE Engine means there are gonna be an absolute gorillion nude mods on PC. This could be the ARPG of the decade with how easy it is to mod. I could see people importing Monster Hunter monsters, as an example.

Last edited:

Evolved1

Text blurb from Capcom:

9n0lpdok2w1b1.jpg

*edit*

Coincidentally, this being RE Engine means there are gonna be an absolute gorillion nude mods on PC. This could be the ARPG of the decade with how easy it is to mod. I could see people importing Monster Hunter monsters, as an example.
So you're telling me to build the pc.

dulleyes

Banned
This looks like such a proper sequel that I can't help myself but be excited.

Gameplay rocks, graphics are ACTUALLY good graphics, and their is an ACTUAL story, wow.

Super excited, and I can't believe its real!

Mr Branding

Best ‘reveal’. Dogma is one of my favourite rpg’s ever but I somehow expected a bit more on the graphical side. Any platform info?

Deep Down was playable at some Capcom shows, at 60 frames/1080p on ps4, and it looked DOPE (Dragon included). Obviously it couldn't have pre-determined animations on gameplay, but the level of detail was astounding. It makes even more absurd to not see it topped now (but it was another engine, panta rei, which maybe had some limitations that they weren't able to overcome).

The rendering tech from Panta Rhei was rolled into RE Engine, I believe. So in essence, the spirit of Deep Down lives on inside all Capcom's latest games.

Kumomeme

perhaps this sequel is happened few years or before prior to first game? same location can be seen. it is nice able to return back in better visual but hopefully there is new area available since this is the reason for a sequel. hopefully new vocation and they bring lot of new stuff especially things that they cut in their initial vision of first game. itseems there is new humanoid race too.

eitherway it looking great. i dont get people complaint about the visual and act like some special graphics connoisseur. not every game has need to be a graphical technical showcase of generation lol. as long it look nice and has good performance, thats enough.

hopefully the catchphrase "They masterworks, all. You can't go wrong" is back!

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

I just rewatched in 4K and I think the graphics have a commendable weight and solidity to them. The characters and monsters look like they are part of the environment (not floaty and superimposed as we see in so many games). Looks good to me.

Last edited:

Melon Husk

I've been going back and forth on building a very expensive pc.... want to wait just a while longer but the thought of finally playing DD in 60 fps has been pushing me to pull the trigger. I actually want to play it in VR but there doesn't seem to be any mods for it.

Wish they'd release a patch to at least unlock the framerate on PS5. Take the pressure off to jump to PC.

Dragon's Dogma in VR (third person) is basically my dream game though. If only Capcom would VR this one instead of ever RE game. Lol
Take your time... that very expensive pc won't be so expensive by the time DD2 is out. You might even get the game bundled with a GPU.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks and plays just like original but with somewhat better (but definitely not amazing for a next-gen game) visuals. I hope they'll add an option to mute pawns completely and design better side quest than a total BS original game had.

Last edited:

Lux R7

perhaps this sequel is happened few years or before prior to first game? same location can be seen.

Could be an Hyrule situation maybe. So still Gransys but with a different geography shaped after some other cicles.

edit: i just saw the subs for the trailer and someone says "long live to the sovran of Vermund", so that could be a new continent or a new city

Last edited:

lyan

Not doubting the final product but for a trailer what shown was quite underwhelming to be honest, which is understandable as it probably is still very early.

H4ze

I wish I could play it right now, so hyped for more DD.
Looks like I am going to replay DD1 soon lol

Irobot82

This made me re-install DD: DA on PC and see if I can actually figure out how to play it. I have a controller this time, so I think that will help.

Last edited:

NT80

I've played literally thousands of hours of DD. I recognized it immediately. Like 80 - 90% of the assets / animation / enemies / armor etc in that trailer are pulled straight from DD1. That's why my first thought was that it might be a remake of some sort... especially when they hung so long on the title before revealing it was actually part 2.

Especially considering how quickly they showed this.... let's be honest, it's very early, and they have gameplay? It was only just announced.

My brain was like.... maybe this is a remaster type thing to hold us over until the sequel is finished. Because, how can this be ... oh... it IS part 2. Okay.

And just to be clear, this is by far my most anticipated game. I'm really surprised and happy they showed it. But clearly this fast turn around is because they're leaning pretty heavy on stuff they built for the original. Fine by me.
But it was announced a year ago.

Macaron

Banned
Purchased the first one cause this looked so good during the Showcase. Hopefully it holds up and lives up to the bit of hype

Zug

Looks like DD 1.5... which is perfectly fine ! I hope we won't have to wait another 5 years for the PC version.

Top Bottom