• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drawn to Death #GOF**KYOURSELF (David Jaffe's response to giantbomb/polygon comments)

Stet

Banned
Everything Jaffe says is more fun if you picture it said like Rorschach with tears in his eyes and his voice cracking.

Lombax

Banned
I don't listen to the Giant Bombcast, but it seems they were implying Jaffe was trying to be "cool" and "hip"? That doesn't make any sense to me, I'm pretty sure Jaffe is just trying to be himself. Aesthetics out of early 90's MTV isn't "cool". Never seen anyone accuse 80's throwbacks of trying to be cool (e.g., Blood Dragon); is it because of when people grew up?

Comments after Brad mentions Drawn to Death this week:

Jeff: "Calling All Cars 2000"

Dan: "I think if it was 1997, and Jaffe had just put out Twisted Metal 2, and I was 13 years old I would be all about Drawn to Death, but just watching the trailer it just looks...the gameplay seems super dated"

Patrick: "The game looks bad too. Like nothing about it looks interesting. I don't think they pull off the art style they are going for."

Not the nicest way to put things, but from what I had seen in the trailer it just looked like a boring game.

Edit: Oh wow, Jaffe took the video down.

HyperOne

Banned
Unfortunately the video is now private.

Telling a group t go **** off does not seem a strong way to position yourself as a legitimate dev...

Booshka

I wonder who called to tell him to take that video down lol. He should make another video of that kid getting called into the Principal's office after telling people to go fuck themselves.

I still like the video, and look forward to playing his game.

spwolf

Comments after Brad mentions Drawn to Death this week:

Jeff: "Calling All Cars 2000"

Dan: "I think if it was 1997, and Jaffe had just put out Twisted Metal 2, and I was 13 years old I would be all about Drawn to Death, but just watching the trailer it just looks...the gameplay seems super dated"

Patrick: "The game looks bad too. Like nothing about it looks interesting. I don't think they pull off the art style they are going for."

Not the nicest way to put things, but from what I had seen in the trailer it just looked like a boring game.

Edit: Oh wow, Jaffe took the video down.

thats pretty stupid, nothing about that game looks boring or bad.

Riposte

Aw damn, did anyone grab the video? I didn't get to see it.

It's nothing to be hyped about. It just shows a mute game character looking at message board posts with a shocked expression. At the end, the video says thanks and the hashtag #GOFUCKYOURSELF appears.

Booshka

what about the horrendous art style which makes it really really hard to see anything?

First off, it's pre-alpha, secondly, Xtortionist, someone who actually played the game, said that it had excellent readability with the contrasting colors.

If anything, the art style allows for a ton of potential when it comes to differentiating between the level, weapons/powerups, and other players. Visually it needs work, but it looks and sounds like it has potential.

Jaffe has never struck me as very professional, so this isn't much of a surprise. His games are pretty imaginative though, so some of that can be forgiven.

Omerta

I feel sorry that this video was taken down... Now it's going to give a voice to all the people who completely misunderstood it the first time and let them tell its story instead.

Top Bottom