• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Dreamcast Logo Spotted On Cup." - A UK:Resistance Respect thread.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Combichristoffersen said:
Jesus, they were really bitter about the whole PS2/Dreamcast thing, it seems :lol
You have to remember this is a Sega fanboy blog. The bitterness goes all the way back to the PSone/Saturn era, really.

This one made me chuckle. :lol

sheffield-wii.jpg

Haunted

HUELEN10 said:
The user by the same name actually has NOTHING to do with the site.
I know that the UK:R guy has an account here, but I forgot his username. He hasn't posted in a while.

keyrat

Don't forget Masterclass! This is one of the things that had me going back over and over. This was back when SEGANET.com was still around.

Week four: Hot Seamen

Dave: I say, Maureen, I enjoyed our trip to the beach yesterday!
Maureen: Yes, I enjoyed the day a great deal...
Dave: I'm glad to hear that. It was a shame the day was marred slightly by the tragic fire that broke out on that Navy ship.
Maureen: Yes. It was so brave of you to dive in and rescue the burning sailors, then offer the charred crewmen the chance to stay in the hallway of my house while they seek alternative accommodation.
Dave: Yes, I really enjoyed filling your back passage with my hot seamen yesterday.
Maureen: Oo-er!
Dave: Oo-er!

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/saturn/masterclass4.htm

I have been a fan since I found this site in 1997.

It's seriously the funniest gaming site/blog ever.

One of my missions is to one day meet the guy who runs it and get his autograph on my Dreamcast.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Hell yes, eheh back in the Ps1/PS2 days I would feel the pain now I can finally vent it or relive some memories or Laugh at the hate :lol :lol that my younger self had.

PS I don't hate SONY Now

Ahh the memories and damn I´m growing old! (I remember reading it 10 or more years ago!)

They may be fanboys but at least they are funny. :lol

Thanks Mama!

about Motorstorm ads said:
VIDEO GAMES: Once again considered the preserve of virgins who are as familiar with the feel of ladies as they are with the atmospheric conditions of Neptune. Well done, Sony.
:lol :lol

Commander_Zorg said:
Certainly makes a nice change from having the internet telling me I'm shit every day, though.
Don´t fall for it. It´s all enemy´s propaganda.

Commander_Zorg

that UKR wanker
Thanks, you brave few. That's a very flattering highlights reel which ignores the several "fallow" periods UKR has seen over the years. Certainly makes a nice change from having the internet telling me I'm shit every day, though.

UKR relies a lot on reader submissions now, so much of the credit should go to anyone who's ever taken a photo of something mind-numbingly mundane and sent it in. I'm sure there are a few lurkers on GAF who've contributed over the, er, decades.

And the OP missed out the Christmas stories, which seem appropriate at this time of year...

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/chrimbo2004.html

jgwhiteus said:
I love UK:R. His fake "Animal Crossing" blog (written as a 10-year old girl or something) was hilarious:

http://animalcrossingdaily.blogspot.com/

Christ allmighty that's dark. Funny though!

Commander_Zorg said:
And the OP missed out the Christmas stories, which seem appropriate at this time of year...

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/chrimbo2004.html

Its an honour.

Also:

A hundred, a thousand, ten thousand, a MILLION - everyone was playing the same thing.

It was Need For Speed Underground 7.

"Do they look happy, Tiberius? Do the children look as happy as you did all those years ago?"

Brilliant.

ShinNL

Wow, I skimmed through the site and the blog posts are funny, but the people who comment are so random with deadpan comedy :lol

You’re failing to get with the spirit of blinkered/futile Sony hate here.

-D Anonymous, you must try harder.
I mean “D-” of course. Been a while since I was getting D-minuses at school, so forgive me.
-D wouldn’t have been so bad on a school report. That’s a one-eyed smiling emoticon, so all would be good.
Christmas is coming! That time of year when we all start posting more because we have nowhere else to be.

mollipen

AnonymousNoob said:
The Dreamcast was great but in 1999 I had pretty much given up on Sega in terms of investment. They burned through so much goodwill with constant dead end add-ons and the Saturn that I think it's a bit silly to place most of the blame on Sony's hype machine.

I've never really understood this argument. I owned a Sega CD, a 32X, and a Saturn, and never felt "burned" by them, because I was smart about when I bought them. If you buy any piece of gaming equipment before you know if it's going to have enough games to make it worth its while to you, then I see that as your fault, not the fault of the company releasing the hardware.

Apologies for the bump but I feel it is worth it.

If you've not been to the site in a few days/weeks, I'd recommend a visit to see their coverage of the "ApocalyPS3". I haven't seen them this excitable/fevered for a long time!

PLAYSTATION3 ADMITS DEFEAT – INITIATES GLOBAL SELF-DESTRUCT ORDER “8001050F”

There’s some amazing PS3 news being reported out there today, with numerous owners of the older, fatter model of Sony’s malformed shit-biscuit tin reporting the error message 8001050F – which means SYSTEM SELF-DESTRUCT.

The error message also seems to mean “don’t connect to PlayStation Network and corrupt all Trophy data”, rendering the PS3 useless (more useless) both online AND offline. It is as if the LORD ALMIGHTY has waved a finger and eradicated all disease from the face of the planet.
Please let tomorrow bring news of this being irreparable and requiring a $1bn global recall scheme to be put into place.

Suffice to say, they're having a fucking field day.

HiResDes

I've been reading the site for almost 3 years now, ever since someone linked to it in one of the thousands of Shenmue revival threads.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
destroyed-booth-babe.jpg

Even when crying and trying to sleep the day over there is someone taking photos of her from behind. Fortunately, we don't feel pity or remorse. Just a curiosity about if she's wearing tights or just has weird feet. - (2007)

Hahaha that is great.

Top Bottom